Tent Cities?

Elphaba

I agree with his vision. When are obedient, there is nothing that is hid from his/her spirit. Here is an instance, I was reminded a couple weeks ago and how it will start and what will be affected to the mass movements. However, he did not see further into that thinning veil, there were many other cities that will have these popup cities in support of those of California area masses – mainly Las Vegas will be for those of San Diego area. Some will popup around the Salt Lake valleys. There will be some in the south Utah and some in the north Utah to facilitate “those who seek shelter from the storm.”

Now why do you think it is necessary to have such tent cities?

I agree with his vision. When are obedient, there is nothing that is hid from his/her spirit. Here is an instance, I was reminded a couple weeks ago and how it will start and what will be affected to the mass movements. However, he did not see further into that thinning veil, there were many other cities that will have these popup cities in support of those of California area masses – mainly Las Vegas will be for those of San Diego area. Some will popup around the Salt Lake valleys. There will be some in the south Utah and some in the north Utah to facilitate “those who seek shelter from the storm.”

Now why do you think it is necessary to have such tent cities?

Because people need shelter, I would suppose. Look at China and their need to house millions of people. Kenya. Sudan. This list is a long one.

Do we think we could never have such a need?

HiJolly

I read the whole post. I am not sure how I feel about it. I do know that if the brethern tell me to leave, I will leave. I am working on our food storage because it is a commandment and loads of emergencies can happen. I do believe that we can be given dreams. However most of our spiritual experiences are for our on good and we aren't to share them because of the sacred nature of those experiences. We are to only share them when moved upon by the spirit. I worry about being deceived in these last days as that has been prophecised about as well. I have also seen apostate groups form preaching and teaching things that the bretheren just aren't "allow to teach to the general membership of the church" and then these people leave the church over it. So I guess I will wait for the prophet and follow him.

Tent cities will never be allowed in areas with a high income level. The Draper City Council will certainly outlaw them within city limits, just like a Deseret Industries store. If those poor people insist on being saved, they will have to do it elsewhere.

The Draper City Council will certainly outlaw them within city limits, just like a Deseret Industries store.

Cool - an old dig from a few years ago comes back to life!

I remember this issue well, and I used to be able to shut absolutely everybody up about it rather quickly:

Draper is an upscale area with no poor people living there. Why for the love of Pete do you want to build a DI there in the first place? Is it some sort of government social engineering program to get poor people exercise by walking 10 extra miles?

If you've got an answer, I'd love to hear it. Because all anyone could give me so far is "we live in Draper and don't want to have to drive our fancy cars 10 extra friggin miles to make a donation of last season's clothing styles".

:D

LM

I remember this issue well, and I used to be able to shut absolutely everybody up about it rather quickly:

Draper is an upscale area with no poor people living there. Why for the love of Pete do you want to build a DI there in the first place? Is it some sort of government social engineering program to get poor people exercise by walking 10 extra miles?

LM

I suspect the Church wanted to place a DI there to compliment the new Temple. In truth, it would have been best to located both of them elsewhere. Draper's money is apparently a magnet for such things.

You all do realize who Christopher is, right?

Strangely his vision coincides with visions and dreams of members of a fundamentalist church in the St. George area. Members have seen dreams and visions of a mighty gathering of folks in the area around their property.

Is he our resident canine?

Elphaba

Remotely...perhaps he is the current website administrater of an LDS writer or perhaps not...a writer who does preparedness type themes and preparedness support. Not sure if the writer is highly regarded but I assume so...whether in a Jule's vernish fictional enlightened way as a futurist analyst or as an accurate prophet inspired by God I am not sure. I do not mean to give offense, I am just not knowledgeable on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some more searching for information on these tent cities, and found Another Voice of Warning.

“Tent Cities in the Last Days”

By Roger K. Young

I think this is a book posted on the site by Roger K. Young, as the post is extremely long. The following is an excerpt:

"As a young missionary in Chile in 1973, after a night of being able to preach the gospel to a large group of potential investigators, I was recording in my journal the wonderful opportunity and the spirit that had been present and was still present as I was writing. All of a sudden the veil grew thin and among other things I saw the formation of a tent city near St. George as the people were called to leave the Los Angeles area. I was given to understand several things concerning the event, which I dutifully recorded in my journal."

Another excerpt:

"This book is dedicated to the personal belief that in the very near future (within a few years perhaps) there will probably come a call from the Prophet of the Church (the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve), through the proper priesthood channels, to the members of the Church to voluntarily gather to tent cities that will be primarily located in and around the Rocky Mountains. It will not be by commandment (as in “thou shalt”), but it will be an invitation to gather in a time of burgeoning adversity.”

Has anyone heard of Roger Young? Since he was more specific about the tent cities, has anyone heard of claims?

Elphaba

• 1 month later...

I found this on another message board. Has anyone else heard of these Tent Cities? Someone described it as an underground Mormon movement.

“TENT CITIES IN THE LAST DAYS ?” - Another Voice of Warning

Elphaba

Hi-

I can't access the url above. Can you paste the account into the body of the message for me please? I'd like to see it. :D

I did some more searching for information on these tent cities, and found Another Voice of Warning.

“Tent Cities in the Last Days”

By Roger K. Young

I think this is a book posted on the site by Roger K. Young, as the post is extremely long. The following is an excerpt:

"As a young missionary in Chile in 1973, after a night of being able to preach the gospel to a large group of potential investigators, I was recording in my journal the wonderful opportunity and the spirit that had been present and was still present as I was writing. All of a sudden the veil grew thin and among other things I saw the formation of a tent city near St. George as the people were called to leave the Los Angeles area. I was given to understand several things concerning the event, which I dutifully recorded in my journal."

Another excerpt:

"This book is dedicated to the personal belief that in the very near future (within a few years perhaps) there will probably come a call from the Prophet of the Church (the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve), through the proper priesthood channels, to the members of the Church to voluntarily gather to tent cities that will be primarily located in and around the Rocky Mountains. It will not be by commandment (as in “thou shalt”), but it will be an invitation to gather in a time of burgeoning adversity.”

Has anyone heard of Roger Young? Since he was more specific about the tent cities, has anyone heard of claims?

Elphaba

He's a former Seminary teacher that has extreme apocalyptic views (picture a guy on the street corner holding a sign "THE END IS NEAR").

He's a bishop in his ward, and a very nice guy. He makes claims that are, well, not often founded in fact, IMO. He has a large group of believers following him, not all are LDS but most are.

HiJolly

Cool - an old dig from a few years ago comes back to life!

If you've got an answer, I'd love to hear it. Because all anyone could give me so far is "we live in Draper and don't want to have to drive our fancy cars 10 extra friggin miles to make a donation of last season's clothing styles".

LM

Hey I just moved from Draper after living there almost 10 years and I am VERY poor. I would have welcomed a DI. :lol:

Hi-

I can't access the url above. Can you paste the account into the body of the message for me please? I'd like to see it. :D

http://www.ldsavow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31023

Try this link. If it doesn't work, copy and paste it, and try it.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

The body of the site is extremely long. So, we need to get you to the site. :)

Elphaba

• 2 months later...

I think most member are naive to how horrible the events of the last days will be. It will be a literal cleansing before the second coming. Many active LDS will not survive.

When the other 5 virgins go to seek oil there will be none found, and they will not be invited in.

The only way to survive the coming events will be to pack up and move out, and collect as a body of saints somewhere prior to the events.

Just my opinion.

Agreed....one of my daughters yesterday had an interesting dream of the last days and actually was met by a Nephite dressed in church attire. After a lengthy conversion from him explaining to her what to expect as she was looking at the world, she was flustered with being born at the last days on what is coming [great sorrow and grief]. Needless to say, that ministering spirit held his peace and smiled at her.