Tent Cities?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

Darn, I thought this would be about Good ol' Sheriff Joe and his tent city in Phoenix!
Vanilla "If you want something you have never had, do something you have never done."

#22 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51329 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

Cool - an old dig from a few years ago comes back to life!

I remember this issue well, and I used to be able to shut absolutely everybody up about it rather quickly:

Draper is an upscale area with no poor people living there. Why for the love of Pete do you want to build a DI there in the first place? Is it some sort of government social engineering program to get poor people exercise by walking 10 extra miles?

If you've got an answer, I'd love to hear it. Because all anyone could give me so far is "we live in Draper and don't want to have to drive our fancy cars 10 extra friggin miles to make a donation of last season's clothing styles".

:D

LM

Hey I just moved from Draper after living there almost 10 years and I am VERY poor. I would have welcomed a DI. :lol:

#23 Elphaba

Elphaba

• Inactive 1+ months.
  • 6592 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Hi-
I can't access the url above. Can you paste the account into the body of the message for me please? I'd like to see it. :D

http://www.ldsavow.c...ead.php?t=31023

Try this link. If it doesn't work, copy and paste it, and try it.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

The body of the site is extremely long. So, we need to get you to the site. :)

Elphaba

Failing to fetch me at first, keep encouraged.

Missing me one place, search another.

I stop somewhere waiting for you.

~~Walt Whitman

#24 yeti_mawl

yeti_mawl

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:29 AM

I think most member are naive to how horrible the events of the last days will be. It will be a literal cleansing before the second coming. Many active LDS will not survive. When the other 5 virgins go to seek oil there will be none found, and they will not be invited in. The only way to survive the coming events will be to pack up and move out, and collect as a body of saints somewhere prior to the events. Just my opinion.

#25 Hemidakota

Hemidakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 15447 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

Agreed....one of my daughters yesterday had an interesting dream of the last days and actually was met by a Nephite dressed in church attire. After a lengthy conversion from him explaining to her what to expect as she was looking at the world, she was flustered with being born at the last days on what is coming [great sorrow and grief]. Needless to say, that ministering spirit held his peace and smiled at her.

#26 countrygirl66

countrygirl66

• Inactive with Posts
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Ah but remember the last days will not only be terrible but great. My family is in a knock down fight with satan over my 15 yr old son. That is terrible, but when we win and we will it will be great. I think all we can do is the best we can and take things as they come. I have always had my food storage but have always felt like I wouldn't be the one it is needed for. We have been able to give a lot of food to people in times if distress. As for my part I feel called to work with children that fall through the cracks in the system. I hate what I see and some of the people (making evil choices) I have to deal with, but the reward is great. About a 2 years ago my daughter (who has so many struggles) said to me on a camping trip "I think dad really likes me". Now that is great!!!!!!!

#27 Guest_The_Doctor_*

Guest_The_Doctor_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

The only way to survive the coming events will be to pack up and move out, and collect as a body of saints somewhere prior to the events.

That could also make us a bigger target, a bomb target.

#28 Elgama

Elgama

• Inactive with Posts
  • 3150 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

CalEarth Forum, Cal-Earth, Emergency Shelter, Refugee, Shelters, Disaster resistance, Hurricane, Fire, Flood, Earthquake, Emergency Kit, China earthquake shelters

you can build one of these in 24 hours

-Charley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq