I feel like I just "woke up"

Guest dallas

It's hard to explain, but I feel like I have just been awakened from a long, annoying dream.

About 7 years ago, I requested a Book of Mormon and read through some of it, but put it away in a box and tried not to think about it. I forgot about it until about a week ago.

I was going through the closets last weekend and came across it. I finally started reading it (actually reading this time, and not just skimming) and started investigating LDS beliefs more in-depth.

For whatever reason now, I feel like G-d is actually in my life -- it's hard to explain, but I just have such a sense of peace now and FINALLY feel like I'm on the right road (though at the beginning).

But as someone that's never spoken to anyone in person about this, what should I do? What are the requirements of the LDS for people to "officially join" a church to become more knowledgeable?

It's hard to explain, but I feel like I have just been awakened from a long, annoying dream.

About 7 years ago, I requested a Book of Mormon and read through some of it, but put it away in a box and tried not to think about it. I forgot about it until about a week ago.

I was going through the closets last weekend and came across it. I finally started reading it (actually reading this time, and not just skimming) and started investigating LDS beliefs more in-depth.

For whatever reason now, I feel like G-d is actually in my life -- it's hard to explain, but I just have such a sense of peace now and FINALLY feel like I'm on the right road (though at the beginning).

But as someone that's never spoken to anyone in person about this, what should I do? What are the requirements of the LDS for people to "officially join" a church to become more knowledgeable?

I am quite glad that you have experienced that on your own. Be mindful that the enemy will try and rob you of that spirit, confuse you and torment you with thoughts that are not your own and certainly not from God.

Continue to read, ponder it in your heart and pray. Offer to God the desires of your heart and seek to obey his commandments so that you may be able to realize the huge potential that you have. Find the missionaries and explore all your question you have with a sincere heart. I have no doubt God will speak to your heart and you will know the truth of what ou seek.

I am happy for you an ion. I was there once and it changed my life.

You are being guided by the spirit. {a blessing indeed}

do everything you can to keep that companionship and guidance, you will receive many,many blessings and promptings if you overcome all and do as he would have you, he will direct and counsel you as you grow, he will be considerate of your yearnings and basic knowledge, but you must continue to ask of him and dont throw it away because of sin and temptation. it is a long road, but its also the best and only pathway to happiness,comfort,knowledge, understanding and success.you will not find any other way on this earth that you will get there except this road. I know this to be true.:)

Reminds me of my journey to becoming a member of the Church. I heard about the church when I was a kid. I thought that sounds nice. My mom was kind of forceful about religion, so when I left home I stopped going to Church. I met my ex-wife and tried being a Catholic, but something seemed to be missing. After 2 years we moved to the city I live in now. We struggled financially in a bad way, never making ends meet. My ex-wife worked with a woman who was the Wife of a Bishop. They invited us to dinner at their home. When we got there, they had boxes apon boxes of food for us. They saved us financially at that time. The woman's husband to my wife that he saw me as a great leader in the Church. When she told me I freaked and said no way. about 2 years later my brother in law invited my wife to church, which she thought was awesome. I was like whatever. Then her sister joined. My wife started taking the discussions, and I stayed away. She the said we would all join together. I said I'll think about it. My thoughts were ..could this be the right Church?? Well she got tired of waiting and agreed to be baptised. I didn't go. After a couple of month she was taking new member discussions and I heard answers to alot of my questions. I then started taking the discussions and was like wow this is awesome. The day i was baptized I felt like a weight had been lifted and I was electrified. When I was confirmed I started to cry and felt all tingly. I knew then that I made the right choice and my life was going to change. I felt like I had just woke up and had been living a dream. My life is great now, even though I am re-married. ...and yes, I have served in leadership callings 4 times in the past 12 years. When I saw this post it reminded me of all this and that wonderful day when I said "I feel like I just woke up!"