Photo
- - - - -

Muslims in Europe debate on death penalty.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fiannan

Fiannan

Banned

• Banned
  • 2747 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

Pajamas Media » European Muslims Debate: Should Gays Be Executed?

Thing is, it's not whether there should be a death penalty for seriel killers (that's a given in Islam but seen as a violation of seriel killer's human rights by EU leaders) but for moral offences like homosexuality.

Talk about the clash of cultures. In Sweden the media was afloat in pro-gay imagery for "pride week" and even the large music festival held for families in Stockholm (and televised on state TV) at a popular park featured a cross-dresser performer and a guy singing something about homosexuality and even proping a pole in a strategic location of his body -- wonder what the kids were asking after these performances.

However, never fear -- the Muslim population is not big enough in Europe (yet) to start altering laws, but in a few generations it will be. Should be interesting to see a continent of secular hedonists deal with a large population of people who hold to laws similar to the penalties in the Old Testament. My money is on the Muslims to be victorious.

Edited by Fiannan, 07 August 2008 - 11:42 AM.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

#2 Bookmeister

Bookmeister

• Inactive with Posts
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

You know, if you flip that around a bit, I'd bet cash money there'd be a different sort of response. Try "European Gays debate: Should muslims be executed?"

#3 Rize

Rize

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

Thing is, it's not whether there should be a death penalty for seriel killers (that's a given in Islam but seen as a violation of seriel killer's human rights by EU leaders) but for moral offences like homosexuality.

Talk about the clash of cultures. In Sweden the media was afloat in pro-gay imagery for "pride week" and even the large music festival held for families in Stockholm (and televised on state TV) at a popular park featured a cross-dresser performer and a guy singing something about homosexuality and even proping a pole in a strategic location of his body -- wonder what the kids were asking after these performances.

However, never fear -- the Muslim population is not big enough in Europe (yet) to start altering laws, but in a few generations it will be. Should be interesting to see a continent of secular hedonists deal with a large population of people who hold to laws similar to the penalties in the Old Testament. My money is on the Muslims to be victorious.

Pajamas Media? Really? I can't find a single story on this from a reputable source.

Edited by Rize, 07 August 2008 - 01:39 PM.

< People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. >

#4 Fiannan

Fiannan

Banned

• Banned
  • 2747 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

Pajamas Media? Really? I can't find a single story on this from a reputable source.

I have read about Muslims in Europe questioning laws in regards to homosexuals -- it's not all that uncommon. In fact, the Dutch have proposed, I think actually adopted, a measure to show prospective immigrants images of things common in The Netherlands -- one showing two men making out -- and the reactions of the prospective newcomer are observed and analyzed.

I know the quote here is from a Chechan leader but his insights may demonstrate the coming clash of cultures quite well --

For the nations of Europe, the "correct" procedure involves consulting the population, holding referendums or parliamentary elections. And Parliament must sit and devise some laws. For us Muslims, that position is totally absurd. We say that human beings are not capable of devising a just law. We believe that the law has been sent down to earth by the Almighty, by God. Nations, politicians and parliaments have no right to devise laws. The law is given by our Creator. For us the position of the democratic European societies is criminal and absurd, because you have falsely claimed for yourselves the prerogative of devising laws for human beings. You are trying to remove this prerogative from the Creator, who gave birth to the nations, settled them on the land, gave them laws and explained those laws to them with the help of the Prophets.

''Two ideologies can never get along peacefully on the same territory'' - Kavkazcenter.com
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

#5 Guest_HEthePrimate_*

Guest_HEthePrimate_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

For the nations of Europe, the "correct" procedure involves consulting the population, holding referendums or parliamentary elections. And Parliament must sit and devise some laws. For us Muslims, that position is totally absurd. We say that human beings are not capable of devising a just law. We believe that the law has been sent down to earth by the Almighty, by God. Nations, politicians and parliaments have no right to devise laws. The law is given by our Creator. For us the position of the democratic European societies is criminal and absurd, because you have falsely claimed for yourselves the prerogative of devising laws for human beings. You are trying to remove this prerogative from the Creator, who gave birth to the nations, settled them on the land, gave them laws and explained those laws to them with the help of the Prophets.

So basically this Chechen leader doesn't like the idea of democracy, of people governing themselves. Surprise, surprise! Guess that's one reason why Muslims might dislike America, too. If they hold strictly to that point of view, and since people obviously are quite unable to agree about what God wants from us, what other solution is there for people like this Chechen leader than to try imposing his religion on everybody else in the world?

Ughh.

I'm so glad I live in imperialistic (Christian) theocratic, and oh, so pure America. (sighing in blessed ecstasy) ;)

DH

Edited by HEthePrimate, 07 August 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#6 Moksha

Moksha

Banned

• Banned
  • 9321 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

Should be interesting to see a continent of secular hedonists deal with a large population of people who hold to laws similar to the penalties in the Old Testament. My money is on the Muslims to be victorious.

Let us hope that the teachings of Jesus holds sway against that old time practice of murder in the name of God.
Jesus said, "The first in importance is, love the Lord God.'
And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'
There is no other commandment that ranks with these."

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq