maternity garments

RubyJ

I am 5 months pregnant and finally showing:) I'm small and so when I went online to order maternity garments I noticed that most of them say they are DD cup. There is no way I will ever fit into that! Are they all that big? Any suggestions on what to order so I can have the best fit possible?

Thanks!

personal experiance......i will never buy another nursing or maternity top. i find the maternity tops to be not to bad when sleeping but that's about it. the only style i will buy right now (sorry can't remember the name) but it has no seam under the breast at all. before to get that you had to get the cotton t-shirt thing......which i hated. this one comes in drisilk (however you spell it) it's a solid peice with a vertical elastic seam between the breasts (i hope that's a good enough discription to be able to tell from the pic when ordering). the neck is very stretchy and can be pulled down for nursing. it still forms to the body, no seams and wrinkles under you clothes (the nursing garments were bad to do that for me). also as a side note in case no one has mentioned it, when pregnant and nursing you should always wear your bra under your garments (potential wrinkles between your bra and body can cause issues).... personaly i always wear mine that way.

i hope that made since (let me know if i need to look up the name on that for you).

If you call your distribution centre and describe what has been said here, which ever you are wondering about, then they'll know. Also the tops that I have described (I'm pretty sure they are different to the ones that Gwen is talking about because she talked about no seem but with thick elastic under the breast) they are great because there is no cup size and I am sure they come in regular and long. So if you take your measurements and consider buying long options (and chat to the distribution centre), that may work for you. I cannot recomment them enough, they are sooo comfortable. And the bra under the garment thing, excellent idea, that is how I wear all the time. LOL, I have the opposite issue to you (larger bust) and for 3 long years, I endured wearing a bra over the garment thinking that that was the "proper" way. Once I wore it under for some reason and my husband commented and told me "never to wear it under again", as the whole strength and purpose of the bra is kinda negated with the garment in the way. Also talked to the temple matron who said it is personal choice and there was nothing wrong with bra under.

I hope that helps. :)

i would try the long so they won't ride up your belly, maybe one size bigger but not to much or they will be to big in the shoulders and be falling off up top..... i personally (5 kids) would rather deal with the rolling on my belly a couple of months and have the top fit right and be able to wear them after.... if that makes any since.... let look into the style name and get back with you.

i was lucky the matron that was there my first time at the temple was a big busted woman and had already had the experience described above.... so when i went through she quoted several prophets and scriptures and explained some of the different issues and reasons why women wear them differently (size, nursing, etc). then said the covenant of the garment is between you and god, has nothing to do with your sealing to your husband, if you feel right with god in how you wear them not even your husband has the right to question it. lol so ...off topic... she then told me (my husband (then fiance) was there to go through the session with me) that when i got to the session not to worry about anything, that she would sit me across from him and that it was encouraged to flirt in the temple. hahaha

//she then told me (my husband (then fiance) was there to go through the session with me) that when i got to the session not to worry about anything, that she would sit me across from him and that it was encouraged to flirt in the temple. hahaha//

LOL!! That is so cute!! I always consider my time in the temple as eye flirting time with my husband :) Can't do any footsies.

ok so what i was told.... lol.... the chemise line is seamless... last i bought garments the cotton and drisilque were the only ones available, but i guess they have other fabrics now... the drisilque has the vertical gather between the breasts (the ones i was talking about) and is the only one that has that. the others are flat fronts (i assume the ones nappal is talking about).

Ditto to everything. I wear the chemise garment tops, and I did throughout my pregnancy, just in a bigger size. A lot of people I know still continued to wear their normal garment bottoms, just tucked below their belly, but I can't do the low-ride thing. Physically no comfortable for me. So I got maternity bottoms and larger chemise tops.

Now that I'm nursing, I still wear the chemise tops, but I've taken to wearing my bra beneath my garment top, so that I can pull up my shirt and garment as one, without having to pull up my shirt, down my bra cup, down my garment, and out my nursing pad. I found it very inconvenient and time-consuming.