Lakers

Dr T

The Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (1,591,437) edged the Miami Heat’s LeBron James (1,583,646) as this year’s leading vote-getter in the 2013 NBA All-Star voting, earning his record 15th consecutive All-Star nod. Bryant breaks a tie with Jerry West, Karl Malone, and Shaquille O’Neal for the most consecutive NBA All-Star selections. A four-time NBA All-Star MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, and 2011), Bryant holds the distinction as the youngest All-Star in NBA history (1998). In last year’s All-Star Game in Orlando, he passed Michael Jordan as the game’s all-time scoring leader.

The above information from insidehooops.com here: InsideHoops.com - NBA All-Star Game Fan Voting

I’ve said over and over we are better when Kobe shares the ball. Last night against Utah, Kobe had 14 points, 14 assists and 8 rebounds on 7 for 10 shooting! Kobe was the fifth leading scoring in our game last night as four others scored at least 15 points. See when we work together, put the ball in other’s hands and score when you shoot at a higher percentage shooting, I’m all in. Howard had 17 points and 13 rebounds on 8 for 12 shooting. Pau had 15 from 7 of 8 shooting. J We gave Pau the ball and let him be a play maker which really helps seeing Pau and Howard playing well together. Ron had 17 points while Nash had 15 points. We played good D all night. For a final score of 102-84 I’m pleased. We have OKC coming into town so enjoy this win and get ready for the Thunder. J

Today's game was a lot like we ought to have been playing. We played like we need to play to win! Kobe has 28 assists in the past two games. When he shares we are a better team. Kobe had 21 points, passed out 14 assists and grabbed 9 rebounds. We had a nice balanced scoring day with 6 players scoring in double digits! We played OKC at Staples and walked away with a 105-96 victory! :D Ron had 15 points and 10 rebounds, Steve Nash scored 17, Pau had 16 points, Jaimison had 12 points and Howard had 10 rebounds. WTG Lakers!

We play NO Hornets tonight. We are 19-25 and NO are 15-29. We match up wit them at Staples tonight. Tip is at 7:30pm PT. NO are playing well. They just beat Memphis and they have their players all back so they will be tough. Their record does not seem so good but they are playing better than the 15-29 appears. They have a lot of talent. We need to be ready. Vasquez is good. We need to share the ball and keep the D going. We need to be ready to play.

In last night victory over the Hornets in a 111-106 final score, we played very well. Howard scored 24 points and Earl Clark put in 20 and 12 rebounds. They almost got back into the game but we held them off. Kobe had 14 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds in our third straight win. Jamison had 16 and Nash had 12 points and Meeks had 13 points. NO hung around a long time in this game but I'm happy with the win. :)

We fell apart tonight against Phoenix. We were outscored 29-13 in the fourth quarter and lost 92-86. Kobe scored 17 points and had 9 assists. Steve Nash scored 11 points and Dwight Howard left the game due to injury and did not return. Ron Artest scored 15 and Pau had 14. We turned the ball over 19 times and let them take over in the fourth. :( I was hoping to win this game. We play Memphis at their place next. We need to take those "easy" games. :(

Howard was seen by the team trainer and has been put on day-to-day status due to his right shoulder again. I wonder how our momentum will be next game after losing to the Suns. The Suns never gave up and that is the way to play ball. We should take a lesson.

I watched the game and it appeared that the Lakers, Kobe and team were going to pull this one off, but Howard's injury made it harder for the team to play as they did earlier. They are off of their winning streak, but they are yet very a good team. I hope they make the playoffs. Who is Worldpeace? Is that for real and why?

Yes, that is real Gar. MWP is Ron Artest that changed his name to Meta World Peace. I usually call him Ron or Ron-Ron. People call him his new name but it's hard for me to call him that. Maybe I'll start sometime but maybe not. He is still Artest to me. He sold his championship ring to donate the proceeds for children's mental health...

The Lakers (20-26) travel to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves (17-25). Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30pm PT from the Target Center. Dwight Howard is out due to his sore right shoulder. Expect Gasol to start at center.

Above quote from Lakers.com

Replacing Dwight Howard at center, Pau Gasol had 22 points and 12 rebounds in the Lakers' 111-100 road win over the Timberwolves on Friday. Kobe Bryant notched 17, 12 and eight assists. Steve Nash finished with 17 points and seven assists.

I'll take each win we can get! It looked like we were going to let them back in the game like we often do but we held on to win by eleven. I'll take it.

Despite a second-half surge from the Pistons, the Lakers came away with a close 98-97 win Sunday in Detroit. Pau Gasol started in Dwight Howard's absence and posted 23 points along with 10 rebounds. The Lakers have won five of their last six games.

above from Lakers.com Clark had 17 points and 10 boards, Kobe had 18 points, Nash had 11 points and 10 assists and Jamison had 10 points. I'll take the win :)

I followed tonight's game on my phone and it was close toward the end (at least the last few minutes were). Pau when to the lockers favoring his right foot and I was left to wonder what happened to him? Clark ended with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Kobe had 21 points and 8 rebounds. Pau tallied 15 rebounds off 6 for 16 shooting. Nash had 17 points and 8 rebounds. The reason why it seemed so slow was because we ended the game with 10-0 run and it took some time as I was expecting the Nets to make it closer. We have won 6 of the last 7 games. We lost to the lowly Suns last time :( The Nets won 9 of their last 10 home games so I'm happy we won. Howard really wanted to play with the Nets but he came to LA to win a championship. I bet he is not experiencing what he expected when playing with the superstar Lakers this year. Keep up the hope. The final score was 93-83 Los Angeles. GO LAKERS!

Hi Gar. You are welcome. I love the Lakers and am from LA so it is fun to keep tabs on them. From the last game when Pau "went down" actually sat down by the hoop, our 7 ft Spaniard, had an MRI of his right foot. It showed a tear of the plantar fascia. He sat out for so long at the start of the season for having inflammation there and then last night it didn't hold out. Some things say "Pau Gasol to miss up to 6 weeks will be out for six week." This depends on how he chooses to address the tear. I really see Pau as a very important piece of the team. Like I said, he is a 7 footer, a true 7 footer, has ball handling skills but the down side is his weakness in the center role and could be doing much better posting up if he became a little more aggressive. He is a great passer, great play maker, has a good sense and is able to shoot a little farther out and sometimes makes 3 points. I would have him stay in and out of the lane and have people feed him and he can even push it back out to another player. His tear could have been worse but it is still bad. They called it a mild grade strain and is less than 33% torn. He can choose to get surgery and that will take between 10-12 weeks. The doctors say that hurts very badly. They said it is probably the worst foot pain there is. Pray for Pau. (I like to call him Pau-er) when we first got him but the playoffs and watching him not do much and was too passive.