Lakers

Dr T

We dug ourselves deeper in our race toward the playoffs with another loss, a drubbing, to the Celtics. I can't stand to loss first off, but when it is the Celtics, it is even more difficult for me. In a 116-85 loss to the Celtics last night, we took a pounding. Kobe put in 27 points and 7 rebounds and that is about it. We can't win like this. They played a great game, moved the ball like a good team ought to and we just didn't. Steve Nash had 9 points and 5 assists while Dwight Howard had 9 points and 9 rebounds and it was not enough. The Celtics had 6 players in double digits. They played well. We can still turn it around but if we keep losing, it will be over quickly. We are still in it but time is running out.

Deal Gar

===

On the tail end of a back-to-back, the Lakers came back from a 20-point deficit to beat the Bobcats 100-93 on Friday. Earl Clark (17 points, 10 rebounds) was one of six Lakers to score in double figures. Kobe Bryant scored all 20 of his points in the second half.

above from Lakers.com They were killing us from the first,more in the second then we were able to pull it out for the win. :) I'll take it. It is good when they all contribute some. Kobe waited till the second half before he really started scoring.

Dr T, Your information about the Laker’s team progress as they continue playing basketball this season is much appreciated. I'm becoming a loyal Laker fan through your efforts to keep everyone posted. You deserve some kind of RuntoTomorrow award for remaining a loyal Lakers fan. Yeah, your good example is an award to you and a blessing to others. I don't really understand all of your challenges, but I have learned that no matter what you may face, you have always been a friend to all, which I think may not have been an easy thing to do occasionally. Thank you for your patience.

In today's game we started off ok. In the second half we lost by 5 in each quarter to end up losing 107-97.

The Lakers' fourth-quarter push wasn’t enough Sunday as they came up short to the Heat 107-97 in Miami. Kobe Bryant led the team with 28 points while Dwight Howard and Steve Nash both had 15. Earl Clark added 18 points and nine rebounds.

quote from Lakers.com

Miami didn't run away with it but the champs won again. bummer :(

We are at home to face the Suns tonight. We have our work cut out for us over the remainder of the season. D'Antoni said, "We need to win 70-80 going in and out but we can do it." I hope we stay focused, not let games slip away like we often do. We need to play like we've shown we are able and get some W's. I'd like to see us climb up to .500.

Wow, I don't know what's up with my mind! The game was yesterday as I initially thought. Not until today when I checked on my boys did I see this:

The Lakers returned home from their seven-game Grammy road trip and collected a 91-85 win over the Suns on Tuesday. Dwight Howard (19 points, 18 rebounds) and Antawn Jamison (19 points, 10 rebounds) both recorded double-doubles.

WTG Lakers! I'll take yesterdays win.

The Clippers played well, moved the ball, were on fire from the arch, and we did not look good out there last night. The Clippers gave us a pounding. We worked to get to 3 points behind and they just played better. We need to come back on Wed and face the Celtics. We are in hot water but we are not out of it yet. We won 8 of the last 11. This loss does not put us out of the running and a win tonight would not put us into the playoffs as Nash said in an interview last night after the game. We need to regroup and play like we ought to be able. GO LAKERS. Did you watch the game Gar?

Dr T, I didn't get to watch the game. I tried to find it on my limited cable TV, and there were several games played that night, but I didn't get to see it. I would have liked to have seen it, but didn't. I appreciate your info on the game and your enthusiasm and loyalty for the team. Your info helps me stay in touch and keeps my understanding of how our boys are playing. If I had a better cable system for my TV then perhaps, I could catch all the games. Thank you so much for keeping me informed of the team's progress. I know that you must be their best fan online. Gar

Greetings Dr. T, Thanks for the info about the Lakers owner passing away. I know that you love the Lakers and due to your consistent loyalty, I am a fan as well. Incidentally, I believe that if there are "other worlds in which to run" that there are other worlds that the sport of basketball will exist. Blessings, Gar

Hi Gar. That is great to hear! :)

===

The Lakers (25-29) take on the Boston Celtics (28-25) for their first game since the passing of owner, Dr. Jerry Buss.

A win to night would be fantastic. :) Tip is at 7:30 in LA. Pau is out and Howard is listed as day to day but I think he will play.

Yeah baby! My boys took care of business tonight! I'm excited to get this win. It seemed my boys came out to play tonight. From the get go we were on it.

In their first game since the passing of owner Dr. Jerry Buss, Dwight Howard and the Lakers downed the rival Celtics 113-99 at STAPLES Center. Howard put up 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead seven Lakers scoring in double figures.

quote from Lakers.com. I love that many contributed tonight. I'll take this win and hope to ride this into a strong into the second half. I'm proud of how they played tonight.

Hey way to go Lakers!! It is too bad that the late Dr. Jerry Buss didn't get to watch it in this life, but I'm sure as I am alive that he saw it from that great Laker's spot in sports heaven. I wrote a Blog tonight about the Savior's Grace and not quitting or giving up. I'm glad that our team hasn’t given up and remains on track for the playoffs. :shout:Gar

Edited by Gargantuan
icon

Thanks for the info about cable stations I can connect through, but with my budget, I can only afford to use ESPN and that only occasionally airs the Lakers' games. However, I did catch the ESPN summary of the Lakers' win over Portland tonight. Kobe and the team did a great job winning the game. Kobe had 40 while the others filled in with the rest. I heard that Howard and Nash had a good game as well. Gar