• Please log in to reply
1442 replies to this topic

#981 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Rumors are heating up about Pau going back to the Grizz. He'd be back with his "little" brother. We'll see if it happens. If we lose our starting forward, who would we put in that spot?

#982 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Ramon Sessions opted out of the final year on his current deal. He will be a free agent as of July 1. We'll see what happens there. I thought he was a good pick up this last year.

#983 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

The new free agent issue handed down by the new collective bargaining agreement that starts July 1 really seems to change the face of what I’ve grown up with and have expected from my boys. The excerpt from NBA.com said, the Lakers made some moves last season that I was upset about but it was about freeing up money. We have not won recently and also foresee other moves coming.

Due to the new terms of revenue sharing and luxury tax payments, the cost of the Lakers putting the same team with a $90 million payroll on the court next season would be roughly $140 million. Even for the perennially-flush Lakers, that's a big hit.

we will see what happens to my team and how we pull out another championship. Kobe will not be able to play at his level much longer and I’m sure leadership knows it so we will see. GO LAKERS!

#984 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Ok, we didn't win this year and not may people care but from Lakers.com today I read this

The NBA today released its first-ever overall international top selling jerseys list and five-time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant has the most popular NBA jersey internationally. The NBA also announced the top five selling jerseys in key regions: China, Europe and Latin America.

Kobe is amazing.

#985 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Rumors continue to fly around. There has been many for various teams that want to nab Dwight Howard. I read today the idea of Bynum and Artest for him. I'll believe it when I see it.

#986 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Bynum's agent said there has been no talks with him about any trades. He also said it is the same rumor that was going around earlier in the year. Bynum might end up in Orlando or something. We will see what happens I guess.

#987 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Do you hear that sound? It is the sound of my heart breaking. Steve Nash a Laker? Your boys will have the heart and soul of my team. My faith has been broken. I don't know that I can continue being a Sun's fan. I might have lost my taste for the game completely.
Vanilla "If you want something you have never had, do something you have never done."

#988 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi Nills, :( I was just coming on here to post about that for you specifically Nillers. I heard it last night during fireworks, woke up, went to Lakers site then to Sun's and found nothing there. The sports world is all over it though. I have to say that I am VERY pleased with that pick up. I thought of you right away too. I understand your heart being broken over this. Nash is one of the best point-guards of all time imo. He has played for 16 years and does not seem to have slowed. He makes everybody better! I am happy about it.

#989 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

I understand his reasons for making the deal. Clearly money was not the issue as he was offered 10 million more to go elsewhere. He made this decision to be close to his kids. Who can fault that? He also left the Suns a couple of first draft picks, which was extremely generous of him. So all in all, he is a great dad with a generous heart. Ironic since he is breaking mine. You're right, he is ageless. An MVP. A team player who brings out the best in others. Please cheer extra hard for him.
Vanilla "If you want something you have never had, do something you have never done."

#990 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51908 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Nilla Vanilla...I can't believe you only come onto this site to talk about the Lakers. :(

#991 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Ahhhhh…PAMMY! I didn't come to talk about the Lakers, but rather to talk about Steve Nash. I had to come and let the good Doc know that I was devastated by his team’s gain. I have to say that life has gotten the best of me and by the time I have free time, I want nothing more than to sleep. I hope all is well with you and yours. Anything note worthy I should know about?

#992 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Nilla Vanilla...I can't believe you only come onto this site to talk about the Lakers. :(

Pammy, Lakers are a big deal. :) Nills came to post. Just love her.

#993 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Silly Dr! I might be heart broken, losing faith in my Suns, and possibly the game altogether, but once Steve Nash slips into that Laker's jersey, he is a Laker and I will trash talk him along with the rest of the team! Lakers are a big deal? Pfff... Please! As if! In Dr. T's dreams!!! ;-)

#994 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

hahahahahahaha. You can always come over and become a Lakers fan Nills.

#995 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Cross over to the dark side? I've come way to far for that! :-) How are you doc?

#996 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

I tried to post the Darth with Lakers logo that honor Honor made but it wouldnt work :( I will pm you about how i'm doing.

#997 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Darth with Lakers logo...that is classic!

#998 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

I wonder if Honor could come up with some blood sucker with a Spurs logo?

#999 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17521 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

hahahaha she is good at that stuff. she has not be around much either. She was recently married too.

#1000 Vanilla

Vanilla

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 1125 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have to admit, I became quite the Thunder fan during the playoffs. Any team that takes the S**** out of the playoffs deserves to win it all! Maybe I could become a full time Thunder fan. By the way, this is the 1000th post on this thread! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq