Lakers

Dr T

Yes Gar. It is amazing Kobe played, he's like that, it seems unless he is on deaths bed he will play. He's even played while dehydrated because of the flu and needing to get iv fluids in him during the game. He still plays. That is why he has difficulty with other teammates that do not "Play through the pain." I respect it but also understand when to say, "Ok, it is more wise for me to sit out." Kobe did not score last game. He tried four times and came up with zero points but he did feed two shots that were good so he helped score 4 points. I'm thankful we won in Indi. WTG boys!

Next up for us in Sac. We play them at Staples. We've had difficulty with them this year. I used to live in Sacramento, in Folsom and Elk Grove (Laguna Creek) for about 5 years during postdoc training while the Lakers and Kings were big rivals. Sac does not have much but they did have the Kings and their fans were hardcore. I took by son to Fandemonium which is only for season ticket holders because a friend of mine gave us the tickets. We got there and when the plays came out on the floor my son said, "Dad those aren't the Lakers" and I said in a low tone, those are the Kings, shhhh" and he yelled , NO KINGS! GO LAKERS!" We almost got mugged. But like Daniel, we were delivered from the lions den. :)

We play the Kings tonight. The Kings (23-43) are a West-worst 6-28 away from home and have lost 11 of 12 on the road, but they're coming off their most lopsided win of the season, 121-79 at home over Chicago on Wednesday. Howard did not play as well there as he has been playing as of late and with Kobe out we need to see if our team can plan together and make teams pay by moving our ball around. Come on Nash. Do what you do.

Six players scored in double figures as the Lakers defeated the Kings 113-102 at STAPLES Center on Sunday. Dwight Howard notched 12 points, 17 rebounds and five blocks while Antawn Jamison added 27 points, 9 rebounds.

from lakers.com WTG boys!

We face the Suns tonight in Phoenix.

Edited by Dr T

We were schooled last night by the Suns. :(

Despite 19 points and five rebounds against his former team, Steve Nash and the Lakers fell short to the Suns 99-76 in Phoenix on Monday night. Dwight Howard added 16 points and 11 boards while Steve Blake scored 13.

from lakers.com

Kobe Bryant had 21 points and 11 assists, and Dwight Howard added 20 points and 15 rebounds Friday night. But the double-doubles and an early cushion couldn't keep the Lakers from losing at home 103-100 to the Washington Wizards. Jodie Meeks added 16 points and Antawn Jamison had 11.

from lakers.com

:( I'm so sad we lost! I thought we had it in the bad. Felt very confident at the half and watched a movie with my son and nephew. Checked lakers.com and sadness. Bedtime. :(

Kobe Bryant scored 36 points and led a furious second-half rally that fell short in a 109-103 loss to the Warriors Monday night at ORACLE Arena. The Lakers continue their four-game trip Wednesday at Minnesota.

This loss and Utah's win takes us from 2 games up on Utah to only leading them by 1 game for the 8th seed.

The Lakers (36-35) play the second of their four-game trip as they take on the Minnesota Timberwolves (25-44) tonight at the Target Center. Tip is set for 5:00pm PT. Go Lakers! Ron Artest will be out at least 6 weeks from a torn meniscus from last game. He would be coming back in the sometime after the regular season if we are still in it. Meeks will start in his place and Kobe will play as SF

Edited by Dr T

Kobe Bryant scored 31 points to help the Lakers hold off the Timberwolves 120-117 Wednesday night in Minnesota. Dwight Howard had a double-double of 25 points and 16 rebounds. They continue their back-to-back tomorrow in Milwaukee.

lakers.com

I'll take it. We play again tomorrow night vs. Bucks (I think)

Kobe is sitting 34 points behind Wilt Chamberlin for fourth place on the NBA all time scoring list (31,419). That is cool and all that but I care more about a victory tonight. Kobe will get the points needed but he does not need them all tonight. We play better when Kobe shares. I want the win.

We dropped another and this time it was to the Bucks. Both teams sat in 8th place on each side and were 2.5 games away for the 7th seed.

Despite six players scoring in double figures, the Lakers lost 113-103 in Milwaukee on Thursday. Kobe Bryant led the charge with 30 points while Dwight Howard tallied 15 points and 15 rebounds. Steve Nash added 16 points and six assists.

:(

The Lakers (37-36) end their four-game road trip tonight in Sacramento as they take on the Kings (27-46) at the Sleep Train Arena. Tip is scheduled for 7:00pm PT.

Our post season is in jeopardy! THe spurs are firming up their lead over OKC. We are in trouble either way. :(