Lakers

Dr T

I have no idea where Derrick Rose will wind up. No clue whatsoever. Who would want him? No offense to him. Injury problems, questionable attitude...tell me I'm wrong, seriously. But at this point, the burden is on him. 

100% agree.  Chicago is his DREAM place, and if bridges are getting burned there attitude wise, I find it hard to think he will be any better somewhere else.  Someone will pick up him and toss him 25 million a year though, it is the NBA after all.  The thing is he is a scoring point guard that relies HEAVILY on his athleticism, I just don't see him sticking around as an all-star caliber player very long even without any more major injuries.

I'm a lebron fan, so I have to add something to each post.  Been seeing some great signs so far as to his health, appears to be doing quite well.  He already has alot of mileage and with his weight, eventually it is going to catch up to him with how he moves/plays, but things are looking really up for the cavs so far this season.  You can already tell at times they are very unselfish and play good team ball.

I just saw today an article that said Kobe wants to play in the 2016 olympics.  I'm kind of facepalming, but I understand historically they have had older people on there that play just a few minutes (larry bird comes to mind).  As a competitor though, I would feel like, if I am not good enough to be there, then I shouldn't take someone elses spot, but then again I have never had the opportunity to be on an olympic team....

Guest MormonGator

I just saw today an article that said Kobe wants to play in the 2016 olympics.  I'm kind of facepalming, but I understand historically they have had older people on there that play just a few minutes (larry bird comes to mind).  As a competitor though, I would feel like, if I am not good enough to be there, then I shouldn't take someone elses spot, but then again I have never had the opportunity to be on an olympic team....

These are all good points. 

I think Kobe is one of a kind though. Time waits for no man, but Kobe can get by (at least for a bit) on savviness and experience. Has he lost a step though? Yes. Big time. 

Guest MormonGator

Last game vs NYK we lost 95-99 :(  Will that be Kobe's last game at Maidson Square Garden?  We had a good first half but did not hold on.

Sorry you lost to the Knicks dude. That's just tough. 

These are all good points. 

I think Kobe is one of a kind though. Time waits for no man, but Kobe can get by (at least for a bit) on savviness and experience. Has he lost a step though? Yes. Big time. 

Yea , I feel completely different on this.  I think about 4-5 years ago Kobe matured and started to play more team basketball, but the more he has gotten injured the more he has gone back to being a selfish player.  Some people will argue that he HAS to put up all those crazy shots because no one else on his team can, but I don't buy that.  I hate dropping the Jordan comparison, but during his stint on the Wizards, jordan learned to play effeciently for what he was capable of, but Kobe still seems to be throwing up crazy shots when he doesn't have it in him. 

I'd agree there are others on the floor that can score if Kobe allows others a chance to score.  If he plays more team ball we are better.  He shoots too much at times.  Don't get me wrong, if he is going to take the last shot then I want the ball in his hands.  

We closed out our last of the five day road trip against the Mavs and we lost our fifth 82-92. We only won one of all the games played to this point. I want to say we r getting better but if getting better means we still lose then in the end it does not help us much for this season.

I saw the power rankings and lakers weren't even last place, so that is a plus!  Kobe saying he hurts just walking to his car, that he is sore all over.... that is what old age and mileage will do to ya.  I think they would be better off without him, but no way he is quitting this season without a serious injury.

Your correct erog84.  I like that he said he does what he could do and we need to do what we can do to the best of our ability (my paraphrase) but he said "it always hurts."  That is a bummer but it is the result of age and working your body that much

Guest MormonGator

101-120 loss to the Suns last night.   :(

Drt, it's going to be a long season for you. I get no pleasure at all saying that because I truly believe that the NBA is much better when the Knicks, Lakers, Spurs and Celtics are playing well. When those teams suffer, so does the entire league. 

Sorry MG.  I could not stand him. The best thing about him was when he would lean against my Laker plays and they would step out of the way and he'd fall on the ground.  Hahaha, that was the best.  Sorry, that was rude but really I could not stand him.  

Guest MormonGator

Sorry MG.  I could not stand him. The best thing about him was when he would lean against my Laker plays and they would step out of the way and he'd fall on the ground.  Hahaha, that was the best.  Sorry, that was rude but really I could not stand him.  

LOL! Dude, I understand totally! If I was a Laker fan I'd hate him too. 

I HATED Magic as a kid, just because he was Laker. Now, I have nothing but unending respect for him. 

I guess we shouldn't be suprised anymore at Coach's getting fired.  Seems coachs are the first people on the hotseat and the stars are usually blameless.  Being from AZ and a huge suns fan, it's shocking to people here that I am a big fan of the Spurs.  The more I read about their organization the more respect I have, and it shows how successful they have been.  More organizations need to try that model, and be PATIENT, and see where it takes them.