Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, Dr T said:

I have been bed ridden for days otherwise I would have posted.  Congrats to your boys the other day MG.  I hope you guys go far

Hope you feel better DrT! Go get some rest. 

The Clippers killed my boys last night.  The Clippers are now a good team :(  They are my mom's team though so I can't say anything bad. We play them again tonight I think.  It is now a wait to see what happens with my boys next year.  We will have money room to get somebody but who?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, Dr T said:

He has been too much of a ball hog, I said it for years, but he went out with a 60 point game and we beat Utah so I'll take it.  Now we can move on.  

It was amazing, actually. A good send off to a great player. It didn't matter if he was a ball hog. It was his last game and it was sort of meaningless, anyway. 

It's easy to call him a ball hog, in my view. When you are the best player on your team-well, you sort of have to be one. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
On April 27, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Dr T said:

Byron Scott and my Lakers have parted ways.  We need a good coach, good pick and need to get back to winning!  

Byron Scott is not a good teacher. Sorry DrT, I mean no offense by that at all, but he just works better with veterans who know how to play the game. Not kids who need to be taught. Doesn't mean he isn't a good guy-I think Scott is-but he's not good with young guys. 

The Hawks decimated my guys last night. It was a blowout. 

Sorry to hear that MG :(

Luke Walton is the new head coach for my boys.  I didnt really like him when he played that much, he sat the bench a lot but he did get experience coaching in the D League and coached well when Steve Kerr was out.  He is young and might fit in well with our young players and I read positive things about him.  Time will tell how he fits and how much work is needed with the new coaching position and who he will get around him and what happens at the draft and where KD goes.  I am hopeful but cautious about Luke.  GO LAKERS!  

Guest MormonGator
On May 1, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Dr T said:

Sorry to hear that MG :(

Luke Walton is the new head coach for my boys.  I didnt really like him when he played that much, he sat the bench a lot but he did get experience coaching in the D League and coached well when Steve Kerr was out.  He is young and might fit in well with our young players and I read positive things about him.  Time will tell how he fits and how much work is needed with the new coaching position and who he will get around him and what happens at the draft and where KD goes.  I am hopeful but cautious about Luke.  GO LAKERS!  

I totally agree with your assessment on Walton. Be cautiously optimistic. He IS young and fairly green-but he can hopefully connect with the young guys on your team. I'd give him two years to really judge him. 

Well, that didn't go well for my boys. It's okay, we'll be very active in the free agent market. If Ainge gets rid of Brad Stevens I'll be crushed. I have great confidence in both men so I don't think it'll happen.  

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
On May 28, 2016 at 0:41 PM, Dr T said:

I wonder how my boys can improve in a hurry with our #2 pick and $?

My old man always said that you live and die by the three pointer. Oklahoma died by it last night. Up 3-1 and they blew it. I didn't think GS had it in them, but this is going to be a great finals. 

If I were a Lakers fan I'd worry more about long term plans than I would quick fixes. They almost never work. Get a great player with a high draft pick and build around him. 

• 4 weeks later...

This years draft, 2016 gave me some home. We got Brandon Ingram who is young with a massive wing span, good pick up at the #2 spot I hope he grows into what I want to see and a 7'01" Croatian young man that I hope will become a solid center for us.  We also are looking for veteran help with possibly trade (but I dont know) but I'm guessing free agency we will work hard to pull in somebody.  I hope it is a good choice.  I do not want Cousins.  He is good but too much for me to deal with IMO

Guest MormonGator
19 minutes ago, Dr T said:

This years draft, 2016 gave me some home. We got Brandon Ingram who is young with a massive wing span, good pick up at the #2 spot I hope he grows into what I want to see and a 7'01" Croatian young man that I hope will become a solid center for us.  We also are looking for veteran help with possibly trade (but I dont know) but I'm guessing free agency we will work hard to pull in somebody.  I hope it is a good choice.  I do not want Cousins.  He is good but too much for me to deal with IMO

You guys won the draft. Let's face it, the 76ers stink on player development. Their last high draft picks are great players who are] struggling there. I stand totally alone on this, but I am not sold on Ben Simmons. I don't think he'll develop into a great player. Watching him at LSU I was not impressed. Can you teach desire? No. Can you teach passion? No. He plays with none of it. 

Ingram? He probably won't be the new Kobe but he could be huge. Think Lamar Odom if he was healthy. \

Free agency certainly hasn’t gotten off to the start that the Los Angeles Lakers hoped it would. After landing Timofey Mozgov with a controversial four-year, $64 million deal and bringing back Jordan Clarkson for four years and $50 million, the team has stalled in their efforts to land other targets.

Nicolas Batum, who was rumored to be near the top of the Lakers’ wish list, returned to the Charlotte Hornets on a huge deal. Chandler Parsons joined Mike Conley in Memphis, and Hassan Whiteside opted to go back to the Miami Heat. The free agent pool that was considered shallow from the get-go is drying up quickly.

Now, it appears that former-Laker Kent Bazemore has turned down a big offer from the Lakers as well as the Houston Rockets to return to the Atlanta Hawks (per David Aldridge of TNT):

Guest MormonGator
7 hours ago, Dr T said:

"BREAKING: Lakers Reach Agreement on Four-Year Deal With Luol Deng" from here: http://www.lakersnation.com/breaking-lakers-reach-agreement-on-four-year-deal-with-luol-deng/2016/07/02/

Great signing for you guys. He'll provide some veteran leadership on a team that sorely needs it. 

We got Al Horford. His first Tweet? "Celtic Pride!" 

Welcome to Boston buddy!!! 

Guest MormonGator
7 hours ago, Dr T said:

"BREAKING: Lakers Reach Agreement on Four-Year Deal With Luol Deng" from here: http://www.lakersnation.com/breaking-lakers-reach-agreement-on-four-year-deal-with-luol-deng/2016/07/02/

Great signing for you guys. He'll provide some veteran leadership on a team that sorely needs it. 

We got Al Horford. His first Tweet? "Celtic Pride!" 

Welcome to Boston buddy!!! 

Yes, we need some experience to help the kids along.  I like Deng, he did not have the best numbers last year but I think he will be a good addition.  

I know, congrats on getting Al Horford.  When I saw he was on the block I wanted to go after him.  He is good.

Edited by Dr T

Guest MormonGator
9 hours ago, Dr T said:

Yes, we kneed some experience to help the kids along.  I like Deng, he did not have the best numbers last year but I think he will be a good addition.  

I know, congrats on getting Al Horford.  When I saw he was on the block I wanted to go after him.  He is good.

I agree, he is good. I think the odds of Durant going to Boston are very small-maybe 15% at most. He'll probably stay in Oklahoma. 

I've wanted KD for some time now.  We'll see what happens with him.  There is a rumor about us getting rid of Nick Young.  I don't really like him.  He was ok, he may have helped with the new method of play under Luke but he seemed immature to me and has bad blood with Dlo so i am thinking goodbye to him.  I just hope he doesnt go somewhere else to hurt us.  

Guest MormonGator

So Wade left Miami. I'm not sure this was a good move for him, but it's a much worse move for the Bulls. Like it or not Wade is very close to being good in name only. I don't like saying that because I do like the guy and think he was actually a bit underrated in his career (looking back)-but this is a foolish move. 

The Bulls look great on paper-in 2011.