Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
50 minutes ago, Godless said:

Yes, character is critical, as is selflessness. The reason the Spurs didn't miss a beat with the retirement of Duncan is because he took a significant pay cut about 4-5 years ago to allow the team to build a winning franchise in preparation for his retirement (and Manu's, and Tony's). I think the Lakers could have saved themselves a lot of heartache if Kobe had done the same rather than being the highest paid player in the NBA long after he was past his prime. The thing that sets the Spurs apart is that players don't come here to be the richest basketball players, they come here to be part of the best organization in the NBA. Our front office has no interest in money-seekers. David West took a pay cut to play for us last year. Lebron would have been a great fit in our system, but there's no way we'd ever pay him the figures he expects. 

All true. Huge respect for the Spurs. 

I agree. We paid him too much to go out but he is Kobe. We took one for him last year after 20 years.  I was away in Grants Pass Oregon this week end and we didn't do so hot on the road. We got clobbered once and had a closer game.  MG your boys r sitting pretty in 3rd. :)

Guest MormonGator
22 hours ago, Dr T said:

I agree. We paid him too much to go out but he is Kobe. We took one for him last year after 20 years.  I was away in Grants Pass Oregon this week end and we didn't do so hot on the road. We got clobbered once and had a closer game.  MG your boys r sitting pretty in 3rd. :)

Yeah they are. I was a little worried earlier in the season but it looks like they've adjusted whatever is wrong. I'm still hoping they pull the trigger on a big trade. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

we recalled Ivica Zublocka from the D-Fenders.  He is still a kid.  I like his potential and hope he brings it. We have a lot of injuries right now. It's a plague. 

You guys need roster stability (well, all teams do of course) in order to build chemistry so the injures will just kill you. It's how the game works, sadly. My concern with you guys though is that you are so young that the lack of chemistry will hurt more. A veteran team can roll with the punches better. Just my thoughts, you know it's not pejorative. 

NP MG no offense taken. We are a bunch of kids. It is important to have a vet presence. I read a lot of LAKERS fans expecting WAY too much from this young squad. I often tell them to be patient, let them play, gel and after time I think we can do something.  Yes your correct. Injuries stink. It is also part of the game in a sad way

Guest MormonGator
47 minutes ago, Dr T said:

NP MG no offense taken. We are a bunch of kids. It is important to have a vet presence. I read a lot of LAKERS fans expecting WAY too much from this young squad. I often tell them to be patient, let them play, gel and after time I think we can do something.  Yes your correct. Injuries stink. It is also part of the game in a sad way

You are correct too my friend. The Lakers probably won't make the playoffs this year and yes, they need a lot of work. But the Timberwolves showed that you can re-build quickly. I have a feeling that the Wolves will be the next Warriors in a few years if they stay together and healthy. Thoughts @Godless?

We lost to Phoenix last night on a 5 point skid. Our defense has been bad and we have lots of injuries players. I would expect to lose this year. It is not that I like to lose, I actually hate to lose but I understand what we have this year and look forward to some good ball playing. I like the wins we've gotten this year but there is a LONG way to go still. Go LAKERS!

Guest MormonGator

My Celtics aren't playing well. They are beating bad teams and losing to good ones. That doesn't work long term in the NBA. I'd like to say that they are better than their record, but like we both know the record doesn't lie. You are what your record is in the NBA. 

Guest Godless
On 12/6/2016 at 9:16 PM, MormonGator said:

You are correct too my friend. The Lakers probably won't make the playoffs this year and yes, they need a lot of work. But the Timberwolves showed that you can re-build quickly. I have a feeling that the Wolves will be the next Warriors in a few years if they stay together and healthy. Thoughts @Godless?

I don't follow the T-Wolves at all, though 6-18 isn't a great place to be. I think the Spurs have done a great job of slowly building up their team with younger players as their "stars" have gotten older. Timmy left us in good hands, and I have a feeling we'll be okay when Tony and Manu throw in the towel as well. That's what you get when you place performance over paychecks. 

I think the Lakers will be okay in the long run. Probably not this year, but they seem to be getting the right pieces in place to rebuild a winning franchise. 

Guest MormonGator
31 minutes ago, Dr T said:

Last night we were winning and we fell apart to Sac 92-116 :(

Take heart bro. Things really will balance out in a few years. I know it hurts now. The first Brad Stevens year after they dismantled Garnett/Pierce was really tough for me. 

We lost last night too. Coach Walton was not happy with them and said they were weak minded. It is funny to me, sad actually, how fickle many LA fans are. When we were winning they sang praises of Luke and our years ing core burnt now that we lost 8 straight, they talk about trading everybody. I thin u r correct MG, give them time and they will come around. Go Lakers!

Guest MormonGator
19 hours ago, Dr T said:

We lost last night too. Coach Walton was not happy with them and said they were weak minded. It is funny to me, sad actually, how fickle many LA fans are. When we were winning they sang praises of Luke and our years ing core burnt now that we lost 8 straight, they talk about trading everybody. I thin u r correct MG, give them time and they will come around. Go Lakers!

If they don't come around next year, go out and get some veterans who can show the kids how to play and how to respect the game.  I don't think you'll be in rebuilding mode for a long time. This isn't the 76ers who had horrible luck for a long time hopefully. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
15 hours ago, Dr T said:

Oh yeah!  Lakers 111-102 over Clippers tonight. I'm loving it a lot-a-bit!

Dude, I was rooting for your boys against the Clippers. Even though I love their coach, I think the team (Clippers) are overrated. They'll win 50 games and commentators will say they are the team to beat...than they'll lose in the first round again. For a team so talented, you would think they'd get it together!