Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Dr T said:

Gator, I have heard a lot of trash talked about your bench, “the Celtics don’t have a bench” and that sort of thing. U guys toppled the GSWs and u guys used ur bench so right?  Thoughts?

I've heard that too and um, er...in fairness there is some truth to it. Our bench is sort of weak. In all of our good years (Championship years with Garnett/Pierce, old school days of the 80s) we had a very deep bench. So I'm worried about that. That said, it's still early and I think Ainge is also worried about it so he'll probably get a free agent or make a trade to give us some depth. 

That's my biggest fear of the season, aside from injuries of course. 

Guest MormonGator

So I had a crazy basketball weekend my friend. Went to two games. I saw the Orlando Magic lose to the Jazz by 40 points than I saw the Florida Gators barely squeak by my alma mater, UNH. 

That is fun that u were able to watch those 2 games bud

My boys came to play tonight and we finally won a game against Pammy’s Jazz this year tonight 127-109.  We lead most of the game.  We had seven players in double digits tonight and Lonzo had his 2nd triple double.  I was upset at Mr Ball  and posted something about it and people were mad at me and backed LaVar.  Ok, I am not very pro Trump because of the things he says and his narcissistic persona but I said 

Mr Ball’s response of “who?” when asked what he thought of President Trump helping the college kids get back to the US was a very dishonorable, disrespectful and disappointing commentary and mindset imo.

Mr. Ball ought to have been thankful it’s that simple. If somebody steps up for one of my kids I would have shown them respect and gratitude. Ball’s response was very disappointing in my book. Plus his boy was stealing!  What if a college kid stole a pair of Balls WAY overpriced shoes, would Ball have said, “it’s not that big of a deal?” Of course not!

Edited by Dr T

Guest MormonGator
6 hours ago, Dr T said:

That is fun that u were able to watch those 2 games bud

My boys came to play tonight and we finally won a game against Pammy’s Jazz this year tonight 127-109.  We lead most of the game.  We had seven players in double digits tonight and Lonzo had his 2nd triple double.  I was upset at Mr Ball  and posted something about it and people were mad at me and backed LaVar.  Ok, I am not very pro Trump because of the things he says and his narcissistic persona but I said 

Mr Ball’s response of “who?” when asked what he thought of President Trump helping the college kids get back to the US was a very dishonorable, disrespectful and disappointing commentary and mindset imo.

Mr. Ball ought to have been thankful it’s that simple. If somebody steps up for one of my kids I would have shown them respect and gratitude. Ball’s response was very disappointing in my book. Plus his boy was stealing!  What if a college kid stole a pair of Balls WAY overpriced shoes, would Ball have said, “it’s not that big of a deal?” Of course not!

I totally agree with everything you said, word for word. Especially about if a non-basketball player stole a pair of his terrible overpriced shoes. He'd be furious and stomp his feet in anger. I like his kid Lonzo but I think the father has the same problems as Trump. Massive ego, narcissistic and always hawking some terrible products. 

103-94 victory over the Bulls we were losing practically the whole game. We were playing poorly until the end the we took it.  We had 5 players in double digits and Randle had a double double with 10points and 10 boards.   We cut a 19 point deficit 

Edited by Dr T

Guest MormonGator
8 hours ago, Dr T said:

103-94 victory over the Bulls we were losing practically the whole game. We were playing poorly until the end the we took it.  We had 5 players in double digits and Randle had a double double with 10points and 10 boards.   We cut a 19 point deficit 

That's a good win for a young team. Shows that your boys can come back from losing the entire game.. You didn't quit.

We lost to the Clippers (again) darn. We had a chance tonight and fell apart at the end. Luke played our starters while they had a lot of “-“ stats while on the floor. We ought to have kept the players that were playing wel :(   My mom will be happy but I for sure am Not. I’m going to bed. Goodnight. 

Guest MormonGator
18 hours ago, Dr T said:

We lost to the Clippers (again) darn. We had a chance tonight and fell apart at the end. Luke played our starters while they had a lot of “-“ stats while on the floor. We ought to have kept the players that were playing wel :(   My mom will be happy but I for sure am Not. I’m going to bed. Goodnight. 

I was pulling for you guys. I saw that Blake got injured (again!) so the Clippers season is basically over. I know this sounds horrible but I am so glad the Celtics didn't get him. 

Hang in there bud. It's a long season and it's not even half over.

Guest MormonGator
8 hours ago, Dr T said:

123-127 GSW beat us tonight. We pushed it to OT and couldn’t close it out :(  a loss is a loss but we gave them a challenge. 

There is no shame in being beaten by the best. In my view, this was a major victory for you guys because it shows you can hang with the team that won the championship two out of the last three years! 

Guest MormonGator
12 hours ago, Dr T said:

that is true but we beat them last year and I thought I heard we beat them three times (but only remember one) and wish that we won last night. 

Don't blame you. A loss is tough, no one will tell you otherwise. I remember the Celtics being just horrible in my childhood of the 90's. 

Guest MormonGator
12 hours ago, Dr T said:

We r on a downwards spiral. 

Stay strong my friend. You are going through some growing pains right now but I remain convinced that the future looks good for your boys. The problem might be the coach. I will argue to anyone that the foundation of the Lakers looks strong, but clearly it needs some changes.