• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 nocheese4u

nocheese4u

• Registered Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well tomorrow is the Single Adult pot luck. I was going to make barbacoa (I still might), but right now I am waiting for the butter to thaw out for chocolate chip cookies. If I get the stuff for barbocoa the cookies are staying home! I am glad I am single I don't think I would of ended up to happy with any of the girls from my past life style. I hope to change that before I get too old though!

#142 Archykins

Archykins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Well tomorrow is the Single Adult pot luck. I was going to make barbacoa (I still might), but right now I am waiting for the butter to thaw out for chocolate chip cookies. If I get the stuff for barbocoa the cookies are staying home! I am glad I am single I don't think I would of ended up to happy with any of the girls from my past life style. I hope to change that before I get too old though!

wooooooooo! cookies sound amazing! always good at any potluck for sure!
Nothing wrong with being single, you are more likely to find someone special if you are single and it doesnt bother you ;) relaxed atmosphere etc. :D

#143 nocheese4u

nocheese4u

• Registered Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Barbocoa=ed awful (weird recipe)
cookies ok
I didn't know what to wear so I went inbetweenish (ended up being Sunday dress some quorom of 70 guy was there)
Discovered not that many singles

conclusion I need better barbocoa recipe (miss Texas tacos)

#144 shdwlkr

shdwlkr

• Registered Users
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

I am single because the ex decided she could do better than me.
I am working through some stuff she left me with besides a big debt think hundreds of thousands here and for the most part I am glad she did get rid of me as I am finding the real me is much more fun and someday yes I would like to be a part of a couple again.
The pickings being small for sisters is not a whole lot better for the brothers either. I have been told I should have a job and not going to college, forget I had career for 37 years that I retired from. That I could not possibly keep them in a life style they are accustomed too. That I am looking at women that are to young for me, never mind the ex was in that age group. No it was not that great a difference in age something like 10 years.
I am not the kind of priesthood holder they want aka I am only an elder not a high priest whatever that has to do with being a good husband and companion.
I have even drove 5 hours to have a dinner date just to go out on a date and then drive 5 hours home again. Why to have a interesting night out and also to have a lively conversation over dinner kind of hard when there is only one of you at the table.
I see marriage as being something more than I love you right now but you know in a few years I need to dump you because you have aged. Oh well maybe someday there will be someone that is right for me if not then I will live alone which I hate but is so much better than being a part of something where you are not loved, wanted or desired beyond what you can do for the other person in the relationship.

Edited by shdwlkr, 20 March 2012 - 04:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq