No Trial we experience is wasted

AngelonaWing

But I already answered your question. I already stated that people should be punished for crimes.

However things like casual drinking, smoking a cigarette or drinking tea should be allowed.

Someone telling you how to live is a form of slavery.

(Palerider: bite me.)

nope.......wrong again.....I wonder if Pale the mod should take action for that remark....

Remember that I believe free will is the ability to choose right or wrong with no consequences.

However I do believe God is punishing me now. So be it. I'm still not coming back to Church.

Fail!!! Nice try.

I feel sorry that you have chosen to willfully and intentionally defy your Heavenly Father. I suspect that whatever it is that you prefer as a way to please yourself rather than pleasing God has a grip on you that for now makes you feel helpless. Thus you have chosen to surrender to it rather than seek God's help to overcome this challenge. Again, I have no clue about your current struggle but rest assured, it is not the end of the world.

I feel sad because I have seen friends do exactly what you are doing. It is not punishment. It the consequences of one's own behavior and the fact that as you move away from God's protective shield you are defenseless, unprotected and at the mercy of the enemy that given the opportunity will destroy you. You are giving him all the opportunity. You can try and argue and antagonize with God. you can try and rationalize and do what you want, indulge in what you want, try and seek what you covet, whatever the case may be. I say this with sadness and not judgment; we can not be happy away from God and to believe otherwise demonstrate our arrogance and lack of insight into the nature of God and our own destiny.

"But behold this my joy was vain, for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin. And they did not come unto Jesus with broken hearts and contrite spirits, but they did curse God, and wish to die. Nevertheless they would struggle with the sword for their lives. " Mor 2:13-14

Edited by Islander