Photo
- - - - -

How long does an endowment session last?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jdenver

Jdenver

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Does anyone know how long an endowment session lasts? I have some friends who are not members who want to meet me for dinner after a session only I can't remember if it takes 2 hours or more. In the past I really haven't paid that much attention to the time. Any Ideas?

#2 Wingnut

Wingnut

A little nutty, with wings

• Members
  • 10312 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Depends on how many people are in the session, but I usually plan just under two hours (barely under).
Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed. -- C.S. Lewis

If we're going to be stupid about this, we're going to be stupid on my terms. -- my husband

#3 applepansy

applepansy

• Members
  • 5823 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

I agree with Wing. . . we plan on two hours from walking in to the temple, to walking out. Its usually just under the two hours.

#4 MormonMama

MormonMama

• Members
  • 884 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

I was just going to ask this question myself, as it's been awhile.  Glad to see someone else had the same question.

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest (Joshua 1:9)

#5 Wingnut

Wingnut

A little nutty, with wings

• Members
  • 10312 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

MormonMama, this thread is from before the new videos were released, and they are longer than they used to be.

Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed. -- C.S. Lewis

If we're going to be stupid about this, we're going to be stupid on my terms. -- my husband

#6 notquiteperfect

notquiteperfect

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

I add in extra time to factor in hanging out in the Celestial Room figuring that if I made the drive, I may as well not rush out.

#7 kapikui

kapikui

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

It also depends on which temple.  The Idaho Falls temple still moves from room to room. This takes longer.  The endowment session itslelf lasts just under two hours.  Factor in time in the celestial room, and changing clothes, figure on at least 2.5 hours.  Since sessions are run only once an hour, figure on as much as another hour (or as little as a immeadately) depending on when you get there. Since I live an hour away, I also have to figure on another two hours of travel. Your time may vary, but figure on two hours for the session itself.

#8 Palerider

Palerider

I don\'t own a horse-Senior Member

• Members
  • 18105 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

It may last a bit longer if someone going thru for the first time in a crowded room.
As Long As I Am Here......It Doesn't Matter Where Here Is.....

Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them....Ronald Reagan

The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.......Will Rogers

#9 MormonMama

MormonMama

• Members
  • 884 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

MormonMama, this thread is from before the new videos were released, and they are longer than they used to be.

Actually, it still took about 2 hours from the time we entered the endowment room until I was walking out of the temple.  We did have a very small group though, so that probably was a factor.

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest (Joshua 1:9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq