1 Nephi 22:24

pam

Reference Search: 1 Nephi 22:24

24 And the time cometh speedily that the righteous must be led up as calves of the stall, and the Holy One of Israel must reign in dominion, and might, and power, and great glory.

Quote for Discussion

Christ and the resurrected Saints will reign over the earth during the thousand years. They will not probably dwell upon the earth, but will visit it when they please, or when it is necessary.

Joseph Smith, Teachings, 268<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

• 5 years later...

Compare 1 Ne. 22:24 with Malachi chapter 4:

1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 ¶But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

:)

Quote for Discussion

Christ and the resurrected Saints will reign over the earth during the thousand years. They will not probably dwell upon the earth, but will visit it when they please, or when it is necessary.
Joseph Smith, Teachings, 268

D&C 76:86 -87 These [the telestrial] are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial; And the terrestrial through the ministration of the celestial.

If that is how it will be after the judgment day, it seems only fitting that this would be true during the millennial day when only the terrestrial remain in that great day of temple/family history work. 

I love some other translations of Malachi 4:2-3. For instance this one which restores such beautiful imagery of the calves leaping from the stall. It is this image I carry with me regarding that great day.

See, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble; the day that comes shall burn them up, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who revere my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. (NRSV)