Looking for a specific EFY song

Hi there everybody,

I'm looking for the author and disc year of an EFY song whose chorus sings "My Lord, My God, My best friend". It's a duet and the first words of the song are "When I am weak and cannot find strength from within ...".

I do not have the song title, although I can suppose it should be something like "My Lord My best friend" or "My Lord, My God", but it doesn't match any existing titles... :(

Thanks for your help

And a warm hello from France!

Hi there everybody,

I'm looking for the author and disc year of an EFY song whose chorus sings "My Lord, My God, My best friend". It's a duet and the first words of the song are "When I am weak and cannot find strength from within ...".

I do not have the song title, although I can suppose it should be something like "My Lord My best friend" or "My Lord, My God", but it doesn't match any existing titles... :(

Thanks for your help

And a warm hello from France!

EFY 2005 A More Excellent Way CD - BYU Bookstore

1. A More Excellent Way

2. Time That is Left

3. Worthy to Stand

4. More

5. I Know He Lives

6. I Will Be Ready

7. Overcome

8. There is More

9. In Humility, Our Savior

10. What Heaven Sees in You

11. Broken

12. These Are the Days

Bonus Track: Praise the Man

I may have the CD at home...I am looking in my office music external drive.

Edited by Hemidakota

I don't have sheet music, just an old tape that has the song on it, and I have no idea where it came from.

GIRL:

When I am weak

And I can't find strength from within

I call his name

And find my strength in him

BOY:

When I am lost

And i don't know where to begin

The light of the Lord leads the way

I'll ever trust in him

TOGETHER:

My Lord, my God

My Lord, my best-friend

My Lord, my God

GIRL

In your arms of love, don't ever let me go

TOGETHER:

I feel his love

I know in my heart that he lives

The spirits voice testifies of him

BOY:

My Lord, my God (GIRL- My Lord, my God, my best-friend)

My Lord, my best-friend (GIRL- My Lord, my God, my best-friend)

BOY: In your arms of love, don't ever let me...

TOGETHER: go, please hear me, speak peace to my soul, be near me

GIRL: Without you Lord, there is no light, in the world ? (don't quite know that line can't hear it on the old tape recording)

BOY:

My Lord, my best-friend (GIRL- My Lord, my God, my best-friend)

TOGETHER: In your arms of love, don't ever let me go

The song has a sad side to it

THe music was composed by Bro William Schwartz III and published for the first time in the Perth Australia Mission CD (Whither we should go). One of his fellow missionaries wrote the words to it. Unfortunately, he is no longer fully active in the Church (last I heard!). The original female singer was Leanne Hussey (also a fellow missionary) and the male singer was the composer of the lyrics (who probably does not want to have his name posted here;)).

I have the original CD but I don't know who owns the copyright.

I suppose that if you have heard it and have recordings of it that Bro Schwartz remained active in the Church and has shared his wonderful talents.

This heartens me so much to see you all interested by it. I've been thinking about the Bro who wrote the lyrics. Such inspiring words and yet... Anyway, I haven't listened to the song for a couple of years and I took it out again yesterday. I was online today searching for some sign that Bro Schwartz had remained in the church and I found you. Thank you.

The song has a sad side to it

THe music was composed by Bro William Schwartz III and published for the first time in the Perth Australia Mission CD (Whither we should go). One of his fellow missionaries wrote the words to it. Unfortunately, he is no longer fully active in the Church (last I heard!). The original female singer was Leanne Hussey (also a fellow missionary) and the male singer was the composer of the lyrics (who probably does not want to have his name posted here;)).

I have the original CD but I don't know who owns the copyright.

I suppose that if you have heard it and have recordings of it that Bro Schwartz remained active in the Church and has shared his wonderful talents.

This heartens me so much to see you all interested by it. I've been thinking about the Bro who wrote the lyrics. Such inspiring words and yet... Anyway, I haven't listened to the song for a couple of years and I took it out again yesterday. I was online today searching for some sign that Bro Schwartz had remained in the church and I found you. Thank you.

WOW! Thanks for this! I hope you find what you're looking for as well.

Thank you so much Daeld for those infos.

The reason why I started this thread is because my bestfriend, who lives in Australia sent me that song and she just loves it. I've been listening to it for the past three days and I must say, it's a good one! :)

I wanted to know more.

Thank you all for your input and your efforts.

Music is truly inspiring. Whether the author remained active or not in the Church doesn't take away the fact that his work has been strengthening and uplifting to many. And I'm sure our Heavenly Father will know how to reward him and bless him for that.