ldsmovierentals.com dead?

pctechies

I found the owner of the site through public records. I have his name, home address, and home phone number. I have been hesitant to call or write but if this doesn't stop I will be forced to contact him this way. If you would like the information I can send it to you in a private message.

I've had the same problem. I complained with BBB and they also got no response from ldsmovierentals.com. Note that BBB gives them a rating of "F," as they don't respond to BBB inquiries. I have asked my credit card company to reverse the monthly charges each month (since I canceled), which they have done with no problem (3 months now). But the credit card company says they can't stop the monthly charges from happening. Perhaps I'll need to change my credit card number? I would also be interested in receiving the owner's name and home info.

Well, I haven't received any since mid March, but I just now cancelled. What bank do you use? I use Chase. I don't know if they can do anything about the charges. I haven't asked, since I just now officially cancelled.

I've called one of the co-founders. They didn't answer, but I did leave a message. I don't expect to hear anything back.

You know what is suspicious? The page where you edit/update your credit card information won't even load... so you can't change it.

I feel really scammed! I don't know what else to do.

My credit card is with Capital One. I'm sure Chase would reverse the charge as well, as this is an "unauthorized" charge (once you've canceled). LDSmovierentals.com has not contested the reversals.

Yes, I also tried to change my credit card information through their website and the page wouldn't load. And since this whole problem started, they've added a "cancel" button on their website. So I tried that and I got an email saying they'd cancel my account and stop charging my visa once I had returned all the DVDs. Well, like you, I haven't had any of their DVDs for several months now, and my account information shows that I have none in my possession!

I would take up dravins suggestion if it was happening to me. If the credit card company claim they can do nothing (which I have a difficult time believing, I suggest phoning them again and speaking to a supervisor) then contact the equivalent of the people dravin suggested in your area.

Well, I don't want to have to pay legal fees. ...Is there anything that doesn't require money that can be done about this? Is everyone that is signed up for ldsmovierentals.com just going to have to reverse their charge for the rest of their life? Surely this can be resolved...?

Get Gephardt is an investigative reporter segment on one of the local stations in my parts, there wouldn't be any legal fees, you just have to convince them its worth investigating and reporting. So its free, its just not fool proof, they may decide it isn't newsworthy.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like that information also. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, that maybe they just went out of business and somehow they were accidentally charging our card. But if that were the case, wouldn't they say something on their site?

The lack of information or ability to contact them is truly disconcerting.

I still want to believe there's just some misunderstanding that can be cleared up if we could just talk to the person in charge.

I would really appreciate being able to have the info of owner name and number.

So, I've never had a problem contesting a charge with a credit card company, why is that a problem for some of you? A credit card company has laws it must follow for such things. My card's website even lets me contest a charge online - I don't even have to talk to a human.

You tell them you are contesting the charge, and you want it reversed. Then you make sure they do it. As far as I've ever experienced, it's that simple.

LM

Update for everyone:

I had the debit card changed, so the number they have on file won't even work now. I put asterisks in all of my account information- address, city, etc. The only way they could contact me is through email, which I doubt they would.

I did contact Get Gephardt, and just received an email back from someone saying they are interested in hearing more of the story. If any of you would be interested in being a part of that message me.

• 5 weeks later...

I called the owner of ldsmovierentals.com (according to one of the previous posters) and left a friendly message asking for help in resolving the issue of the continued monthly charges. I did not hear back, but it appears that I have not been charged this month (for the first time since I canceled in April).

I just went to ldsmovierentals.com to see if there was any change in my account status and got this message:

"We will be down for maintenance Tuesday Sep. 8th. During this downtime we will be updating our new server, fixing problems with our 3rd party software application, conducting movie inventory, implementing new features and posting new movies.

We expect to restore all services on Wednesday Sep. 9th.

We have set up a special support email while we go through this transition [email protected].

If you've had recent problems with cancelling your account or have not received DVDs we will be contacting you shortly concerning these issues. We are manually going through every account to verify status.

Thank you for your patience. "

Anyway, hopefully this is over now for me. I appreciate the help and support from this message board.

That message on their website hardly explains a lot, especially as to why you were unable to contact them. I couldn't possibly do business with a company which had no valid telephone number or address. Maybe someone should send them the link to this thread. Hopefully they will have the decency to respond on here and explain exactly what happened, at least to try and save face a bit if nothing else. I know that they have a user account on this forum.

This thread does appear in search engines for some of the terms used for their company, so if they were interested at all in what people were saying about them online (like any decent company) they'll see this thread anyway. They may have already seen it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...