• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Normal Bob

Normal Bob

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

I think that the great flood in The Bible probably killed the dinosaurs. I think that the flood was SO HUGE, that it even killed the dinosaurs that lived in the water. I think that my theory is pretty solid, but I am open to constructive criticism.

#2 Snow

Snow

Banned

• Banned
  • 10624 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 08:02 PM
I think that the great flood in The Bible probably killed the dinosaurs. I think that the flood was SO HUGE, that it even killed the dinosaurs that lived in the water. I think that my theory is pretty solid, but I am open to constructive criticism.

Okay, here's some constructive criticism...

Noah's flood, if there was one, happened what, about 4500 years ago. The dinosaurs died off about 65 million years ago. Let's see now; 65,000,000 divided by 4500 makes you wrong by about 7 bazillion percent.

I hope that helps.
There is nothing more pathetic than the anti anti-mormon Colonel Louis/Lewis Tucker

#3 Normal Bob

Normal Bob

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:04 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Snow+Jun 14 2005, 11:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 14 2005, 11:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 08:02 PM
I think that the great flood in The Bible probably killed the dinosaurs.  I think that the flood was SO HUGE, that it even killed the dinosaurs that lived in the water.  I think that my theory is pretty solid, but I am open to constructive criticism. [/quote]

Noah's flood, if there was one, happened what, about 4500 years ago. The dinosaurs died off about 65 million years ago. Let's see now; 65,000,000 divided by 4500 makes you wrong by about 7 bazillion percent.

I hope that helps. [/b][/quote]
What makes you so sure Carbon dating is accurate and The Bible is inaccurate? According to The Bible, the Earth is NOT millions or billions of years old. I trust God's word over the sciences of man every time. Don't you? I think that my theory remains intact.

#4 Snow

Snow

Banned

• Banned
  • 10624 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Normal Bob+Jun 14 2005, 10:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Normal Bob @ Jun 14 2005, 10:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Snow@Jun 14 2005, 11:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Normal Bob
@Jun 14 2005, 08:02 PM
I think that the great flood in The Bible probably killed the dinosaurs.  I think that the flood was SO HUGE, that it even killed the dinosaurs that lived in the water.  I think that my theory is pretty solid, but I am open to constructive criticism. [/quote]

I hope that helps.
[/quote]
What makes you so sure Carbon dating is accurate and The Bible is inaccurate? According to The Bible, the Earth is NOT millions or billions of years old. I trust God's word over the sciences of man every time. Don't you? I think that my theory remains intact. [/b][/quote]
Uh, yeah, here's the deal. The age of the earth, some billions of years, is a generally accepted scientific reality on the part of all experts in the natural sciences. That the earth is young, some thousands of years, is accepted by ZERO experts in the natural sciences that are not first and foremost religious apologists - that is, their views are informed by their religious dogmas, not by science. They simply start with their faith and back into scientific realms and are laughed at by nearly all non-such-biased-real scientists.

Am I right absolutely? Don't know, but I am on the side real scientific evidence and you are laughed at by the scientific community.

Next, you really have zero idea what God's word on the matter is. All you have is dogmatic faith that the Bible represents God's word but the actual evidence that it truly God's word is exactly nil. Besides which, the Bible doesn't comment on the age of the earth. You only interpret the Bible to give a specific age but that is an interpretation, not implicitly stated.

Finally, you haven't presented any theory; you have only stated an opinion so as far as we know nothing remains intact.

But we're always willing to be enlightened. Go ahead.
There is nothing more pathetic than the anti anti-mormon Colonel Louis/Lewis Tucker

#5 Normal Bob

Normal Bob

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:30 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Snow+Jun 15 2005, 01:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 15 2005, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 10:04 PM
[quote]Originally posted by -Snow@Jun 14 2005, 11:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Normal Bob
@Jun 14 2005, 08:02 PM

I hope that helps.
[/quote]
What makes you so sure Carbon dating is accurate and The Bible is inaccurate? According to The Bible, the Earth is NOT millions or billions of years old. I trust God's word over the sciences of man every time. Don't you? I think that my theory remains intact.
[/quote]
Uh, yeah, here's the deal. The age of the earth, some billions of years, is a generally accepted scientific reality on the part of all experts in the natural sciences. That the earth is young, some thousands of years, is accepted by ZERO experts in the natural sciences that are not first and foremost religious apologists - that is, their views are informed by their religious dogmas, not by science. They simply start with their faith and back into scientific realms and are laughed at by nearly all non-such-biased-real scientists.

Am I right absolutely? Don't know, but I am on the side real scientific evidence and you are laughed at by the scientific community.

Next, you really have zero idea what God's word on the matter is. All you have is dogmatic faith that the Bible represents God's word but the actual evidence that it truly God's word is exactly nil. Besides which, the Bible doesn't comment on the age of the earth. You only interpret the Bible to give a specific age but that is an interpretation, not implicitly stated.

Finally, you haven't presented any theory; you have only stated an opinion so as far as we know nothing remains intact.

But we're always willing to be enlightened. Go ahead. [/b][/quote]
I get it now. You are one of those Anti-Mormons. That explains your objections to my theory.

Why do you hate us?

#6 pushka

pushka

• Inactive 3+ Years
  • 5751 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:30 AM

Originally posted by Normal Bob@Jun 15 2005, 12:30 AM
I get it now. You are one of those Anti-Mormons. That explains your objections to my theory.

Why do you hate us?

Sorry if I've not quoted this correctly...

Hehehe...the first time I've heard Snow referred to as Anti-Mormon...why do you hate yourself Snow? :D

By the way...I agree with the scientists and Snow...and I believe that some Jehovah's Witnesses think that the mountains and valleys were created by the giant footsteps of the Dinosaurs...can anyone find any proof for that one? hehehe talk about funny theories...this has made my day!!! :P

#7 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • 8891 posts
  • LocationSandy Utah

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 09:02 PM

The ancient Hebrew word from which we get “day” in Genesis can mean many other increments of time beyond our current 24 hour day. Think of it this way. Someone may say, speaking of Jesus, “In the day that Jesus and his apostles lived”. Well, Jesus lived for more than a just a single 24 hour day and so did his apostles. So is the expression false or wrong? No, because the intent of the meaning is in the extent of the meaning of day. Consider the scripture where G-d warned Adam and Eve that “In the day thou eatest thou shalt surely die.” Did Adam and Eve die 24 earth hours later? No, it was almost 1000 years later.

G-d did not speak specifically in scriptures for the same reason that Jesus taught in parables. So that the unrepentant would not have complete understanding – this notion is given in scripture as those that have eyes to see will see. It is sad that the truth of science conflicts so completely with so many faulty impressions of G-d’s sacred word. Those that search with false hope are as easily deceived with scripture as are pagans with astrology. This was proven by the Scribes and Pharisees 2000 years ago.

I am convinced that publicly declaring dinosaurs were destroyed by the flood is nonsense coming from poorly researched, desperate religious extremists. But if you believe the Bible believe this, Genesis 6:19-20:

“And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.”

Note the “every living thing of all flesh”, “of every creeping thing”, and “two of every sort”. I believe it is heresy and contrary to scripture to teach that any of G-d’s creation became extinct because of the flood.

The Traveler

The Traveler

#8 Setheus

Setheus

Banned

• Inactive with Posts
  • 913 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

and then my favorite part was when Traveler put Bob in his place and shattered his nonsence with the force of thunder!!! :lol: B)
I never lie. At least not to those I do not love.

#9 Outshined

Outshined

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 2383 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Snow@Jun 14 2005, 11:11 PM

I hope that helps.

I beg to differ; by my math, he's off by 6.6 to 6.8 bazillion percent, tops...
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky

If carrots are so darn good for your eyes, why do I see so many dead rabbits on the side of the road?

#10 Guest_Taoist_Saint_*

Guest_Taoist_Saint_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:24 PM

I think that the great flood in The Bible probably killed the dinosaurs.

This is just absurd.

Everyone knows that it was gay marriage that killed the dinosaurs.

#11 Outshined

Outshined

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 2383 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@Jun 15 2005, 05:24 PM

I think that the great flood in The Bible probably killed the dinosaurs.

This is just absurd.

Everyone knows that it was gay marriage that killed the dinosaurs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky

If carrots are so darn good for your eyes, why do I see so many dead rabbits on the side of the road?

#12 Snow

Snow

Banned

• Banned
  • 10624 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

Originally posted by Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 11:30 PM

Why do you hate us?

In your mind believing in science = hating Mormons.

Don't tell me... your either Bat joking around, or you are 17 years old?

#13 Normal Bob

Normal Bob

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Snow+Jun 15 2005, 09:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 15 2005, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 11:30 PM

I get it now.  You are one of those Anti-Mormons.  That explains your objections to my theory.

Why do you hate us?
[/quote]
In your mind believing in science = hating Mormons.

Don't tell me... your either Bat joking around, or you are 17 years old? [/b][/quote]
I am 17. :o

How did you know that?

#14 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • 8891 posts
  • LocationSandy Utah

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 09:02 PM

Sorry: I'm in a bad mood

Traveler

The Traveler

#15 Normal Bob

Normal Bob

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Traveler+Jun 15 2005, 09:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Traveler @ Jun 15 2005, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Normal Bob@Jun 14 2005, 09:02 PM
Sorry: I'm in a bad mood

Traveler [/b][/quote]
eh, sorry for what? You didn't say anything that I felt offended by. I have learned a great deal from your post. Thank you and may G-d (that is out of respect for him I would imagine) bless you.

#16 Snow

Snow

Banned

• Banned
  • 10624 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Normal Bob@Jun 15 2005, 07:26 PM

I am 17. :o

How did you know that?

Because you think that dinosaurs were killed off by the flood.

#17 Normal Bob

Normal Bob

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Snow+Jun 15 2005, 10:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 15 2005, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Normal Bob@Jun 15 2005, 07:26 PM

I am 17.  :o

How did you know that?
[/quote]
Because you think that dinosaurs were killed off by the flood. [/b][/quote]
Do all 17 year olds think that dinosaurs were killed off by the flood?

#18 Outshined

Outshined

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 2383 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:52 AM

All silliness aside, check out THIS LINK, Normal Bob. It's a pretty good resource for LDS scientists. You might enjoy it. ;)

#19 begood2

begood2

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • 1142 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:33 AM

Outshined, Thanks for the web link. :)
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.

BYU RADIO is AWESOME!

LDS Talk is Great!

#20 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • 8891 posts
  • LocationSandy Utah

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:21 PM

In his book “Dinosaur Heresies” PHD Robert T. Bakker points out a number of misconceptions concerning Dinosaurs within the scientific community. If anyone does not recognize PHD Robert, he is the scientist used to model the main character in the now popular Jurassic Park, movies and books. I recommend anyone interested in dinosaurs read this book before jumping to various conclusions about dinosaurs. Robert points out that the process of extinction for the dinosaurs took place over 2 million years. He concludes and I agree that if 50,000 years after a catastrophic event, there are still substantial numbers of dinosaurs that the catastrophic event could be ruled out as the cause of their demise. Something changed the ecology of the most dominant and successful species to ever inhabit the planet and eventually prevented them from producing offspring needed for another generation and it did not happen overnight. It happened gradually in stages over 2 million years. As a side note – during the same 2 million years that the dinosaurs marched unalterably toward extinction several other species not only survived but thrived. Generally we think of the dinosaurs as rather stupid or inferior creatures as evidenced by their eventual demise. They were so stupid that it took them 2 million years in the process of decline to finely become extinct. Boy, are they dumb. The Traveler

The Traveler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq