• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 john doe

john doe

Head Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 9682 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

I just had a weird experience. I laughed and was redirected to a page that said I didn't have permission to do that even though I was logged in. When I went back to the page I had been on, my laugh was there. I'm running Vista Home Premium 64-bit and browsing with Firefox 3.5.2 .
Pressure: It can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond, or an average person into a perfect basketcase.
-from despair.com

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, & communism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!
From protestwarrior.com

#42 john doe

john doe

Head Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 9682 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Okay it just happened to me again. This is the message I got:

john doe, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It only happens when I laugh at Beefche. Maybe she has blocked laughs from me?
Pressure: It can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond, or an average person into a perfect basketcase.
-from despair.com

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, & communism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!
From protestwarrior.com

#43 Godless

Godless

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:20 AM

I just had a weird experience. I laughed and was redirected to a page that said I didn't have permission to do that even though I was logged in. When I went back to the page I had been on, my laugh was there. I'm running Vista Home Premium 64-bit and browsing with Firefox 3.5.2 .

I used to get that a lot with laughs and thanks. Doesn't seem to be a major problem, just a slight annoyance.

History and future are the comforts of our curiosity but here we are, rooted in the present day.

#44 beefche

beefche

The resident cow

• Senior Moderators
  • 8361 posts
  • LocationHoosier State!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Maybe I'm not as funny as you think I am?
I say that we need to teach our people to find their answers in the scriptures...But the unfortunate thing is that so many of us are not reading the scriptures. We do not know what is in them, and therefore we speculate about things that we ought to have found in the scriptures themselves. I think that therein is one of our biggest dangers of today."
--President Harold B. Lee, December, 1972

#45 Canuck Mormon

Canuck Mormon

• Members
  • 2839 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Same thing happens to me, except that it happens when I laugh at anyone. I am using IE6 I think. It's a work computer. I'll try it tonight at home with Vista.
Check out my blog!!!

http://www.gmc72.blogspot.com/

#46 miztrniceguy

miztrniceguy

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • 2292 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

Same thing happens to me, except that it happens when I laugh at anyone. I am using IE6 I think. It's a work computer. I'll try it tonight at home with Vista.

It's probably the Canadian version you're using.:lol::lol:

#47 Maya

Maya

• Validating
  • 4105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:49 AM

This looks ok to me... a few problems... the friend list at the bottom barline... should all my friends on this netside be there... or what friends is that for.. I have no one there, does that mean I have no friends??? (Cant find a crying smiley) An other weird thing happened... I was trying to give Heather thanks... it brought me on the answer site with citing the whole OP! Looks like the thanks went through .. I did the same 3 times each time I got the answersite.:eek: Have not seen the chat yet... but I refcorn I will survive this change too...
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,Satan shudders and says .... "Oh crap,.... she`s awake!!"[/url] .

#48 Maya

Maya

• Validating
  • 4105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

Looks like every time I try to thank... I also get the quote of the one I wanted to than so i sould write something....
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,Satan shudders and says .... "Oh crap,.... she`s awake!!"[/url] .

#49 Maya

Maya

• Validating
  • 4105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

Heather can finnish come from mormonismi. com here to chat... or do they have to sighn up here on LDS.net to chat in the finnish chat room? I been thinking of some arranged chats with the finnish ones but not all manage to sighn in here.

#50 Godless

Godless

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

I just noticed something. The selections in the "Menu Options" tab on the footer are the exact same selections that are available at the top of the page. A bit redundant, no?

History and future are the comforts of our curiosity but here we are, rooted in the present day.

#51 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51677 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

I actually like them on the bottom with the menu options. When I'm done reading a page..I can just use the menu options to get me to where I want to go without having to scroll back up to the top to get there.

#52 Maureen

Maureen

• Members
  • 6033 posts
  • LocationCity of Champions

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

At work with Internet Explorer on Windows XP I have no scroll bar on the side but I can us the page up and down buttons on the keyboard. At home with Safari on my Mac, I have a scroll bar but I can't use the page up and down buttons. Please fix both.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who - is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. - Milton Berle

Sound, balanced teaching is a must. Our default should be to partake. Our default should be to live in joy, not condemnation. Our default should be to love, not to correct, to encourage, not to criticize. (Quote from prisonchaplain)

#53 Elphaba

Elphaba

• Inactive 1+ months.
  • 6592 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:12 PM

My drop-down menus are back. Thank you!

Failing to fetch me at first, keep encouraged.

Missing me one place, search another.

I stop somewhere waiting for you.

~~Walt Whitman

#54 Heather

Heather

notmordorbund

• Administrators
  • 4193 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

Can you let me know what bugs still remain? Please include OS, browser, and version. Thanks!
http://www.moregoodfoundation.org - Helping persons of all faiths find accurate information about the Mormon Church on the Internet.

#55 Maureen

Maureen

• Members
  • 6033 posts
  • LocationCity of Champions

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

I still can't use my page up and down keys on my macbook (safari).
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who - is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. - Milton Berle

Sound, balanced teaching is a must. Our default should be to partake. Our default should be to live in joy, not condemnation. Our default should be to love, not to correct, to encourage, not to criticize. (Quote from prisonchaplain)

#56 miztrniceguy

miztrniceguy

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • 2292 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

I actually like them on the bottom with the menu options. When I'm done reading a page..I can just use the menu options to get me to where I want to go without having to scroll back up to the top to get there.

if you simply press the "home" key it takes you to the top of the page (not to your house when you wanna leave work:o) and pressing "end" takes you to the bottom of a page.

#57 Maya

Maya

• Validating
  • 4105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:19 AM

My LDS net is working fine now... I think! Thank you.

#58 ryanh

ryanh

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for fixing those bugs so quickly. One quirk that I have wondered about - two times now, when I click on a persons name to get the menu, there is no option to send the individual a PM. There is however, an option to send an email. I understand that someone can turn off PM's in their control panel. What I don't understand is why for those two individuals, when I go to their profile, there is a send message link that appears to send them a PM. If I can send them a PM through their profile, why wouldn't it show up on the drop down menu. Now that I walked myself through that and clicked on a user's profile, I'm reminded of another quirk. It seems that the default profile page settings include light yellow text in the "Contact Panel" on a white background. The only way for me to see them is to highlight the area. Otherwise they are nearly invisible.
Tis easy enough to be pleasant, When life flows along like a song; But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. Ella Wheeler Wilcox

God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other. Spencer W. Kimball

#59 Maya

Maya

• Validating
  • 4105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:27 AM

A little bug I been having for some time: If I write a PM to someone and press enter... the text dissapears under and I need to roll it up again. Just a few rows are seen rest dissapears... somewhere down under... maybe Australia... :P

#60 sixpacktr

sixpacktr

• Members
  • 1416 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

IE. No side bars for quick scrolling. Other than that, no other real problems.

That would not be difficult to express. I found most helpful to me was going to my knees thanking my HF for life, for experience, for my family, and then directly asking him to go before my face, to be on my right hand, to be on my left hand, and his spirit in my heart, and his angels round about me to bear me up. --Thomas S. Monson, Feb 4 2008 News conference upon becoming President of the LDS church.

The Two Enemies Of The People Are Criminals And Government, So Let Us Tie The Second Down With The Chains Of The Constitution, So The Second Will Not Become The Legalized Version Of The First
Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq