What's wrong with people??

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 bytor2112

bytor2112

• Members
  • 6031 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

WOW....what a couple of animals. It would be a very bad day for both of those two punks if that had been my kid they were beating on. Bus driver is a LOSER!
We've got nothing to fear...but fear itself?
Not pain, not failure, not fatal tragedy?
Not the faulty units in this mad machinery?
Not the broken contacts in emotional chemistry?

#2 MrsAri

MrsAri

Banned

• Banned
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

Interesting... a recent case showed a student beating up a bus driver!
Not racially motivated? Interesting indeed!
People are in "hate" mode these days...they'd rather fight than agree to disagree.

#3 Gwen

Gwen

• Members
  • 5483 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

if they want to truly send a message and put a stop to this kind of behavior they need to use the fullest extent of the law. that means charging the kids that did the beating with battery and anyone that can be identified as smiling, laughing or cheering this on with something. i don't know all the law but isn't there something about witnessing and failure to act? all they may be able to do is slap some community service on them but that is enough to get attention. at the minimum the school should be able to suspend them from being able to ride the bus... their parents can bring them to school.

i don't have problems, i have issues
problems can be fixed, issues you just deal with

"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it.
The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be."
-Robert Fulghum

#4 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • 8628 posts
  • LocationSandy Utah

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

I do not trust the media to report this with any accuracy. I trust the officials in charge about 80% to get it right. I am not sure any one's opinion on this forum to be accurate.

Personally I do not think this kind of thing should be in the news until the law and courts have rendered a decision.

The Traveler

#5 MrsAri

MrsAri

Banned

• Banned
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

I do not trust the media to report this with any accuracy. I trust the officials in charge about 80% to get it right. I am not sure any one's opinion on this forum to be accurate.

Personally I do not think this kind of thing should be in the news until the law and courts have rendered a decision.

The Traveler

The situation I related regarding the student beating up the bus driver is accurate. This video and story has been covered extensively in the media.

In regard to the initial story, it is 100% believable to me, as my brother encountered similar situations attending school as a minority.

#6 Just_A_Guy

Just_A_Guy

Semi-Senior Moderator, and Repentant Sea-Lawyer

• Senior Moderators
  • 8088 posts
  • LocationUtah County, Utah, USA

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Semi-topical:

The Rise of the Uncouth

Primarily an et tu argument, I suppose; but a very powerful one.

#7 Hemidakota

Hemidakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 15447 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

First order of business is to fire the bus driver. Second order of business is the ban any student involved from riding any bus permenantly and from school for the year. Third, is to press civic chargers of assult and battery on both involve in this caper.

My son once served in the area of St.Louis and this is really nothing to compare to amount of gang shootings.

#8 Hemidakota

Hemidakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 15447 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

The situation I related regarding the student beating up the bus driver is accurate. This video and story has been covered extensively in the media.

In regard to the initial story, it is 100% believable to me, as my brother encountered similar situations attending school as a minority.

Sad to note, you have to stand up for youself just once to any bully and it is over. Or do what I did in High School, took up power lifting and no one even bothered me. ^_^

#9 MrsAri

MrsAri

Banned

• Banned
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Sad to note, you have to stand up for youself just once to any bully and it is over. Or do what I did in High School, took up power lifting and no one even bothered me. ^_^

Oh, I used to weight lift, but due to gravity, everything has taken a downward plunge. :P

#10 Hemidakota

Hemidakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 15447 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

Same here, according to my wife. :)

#11 talisyn

talisyn

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • LocationWilds of Idaho

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Maybe that worked for you but not for me, when I was in the 8th grade I was in fights almost every week because I stood up for myself ^_^

Of course that just might be the difference between girls and boys. Girls tend to hold grudges.

#12 Guest_Alana_*

Guest_Alana_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

I went to three high schools and stuff like this isn't all that uncommon. Sex drugs and violence is available in large supplies in junior high. I love the idea of home schooling and yet I think I'm stronger because I had to be exposed this kind of crude. What's a parent to do?

As far as fights, whenever they would happen, almost everyone instantly started cheering and encouraging them on. Isn't it like that everywhere?

#13 Moksha

Moksha

Banned

• Banned
  • 9321 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

First order of business is to fire the bus driver. Second order of business is the ban any student involved from riding any bus permenantly and from school for the year. Third, is to press civic chargers of assult and battery on both involve in this caper.

I think this is an over reaction as far as firing the bus driver, but a strong message should be sent to all the bus drivers that indifferent behavior and failure to report such crimes will not be tolerated. I whole heartedly agree with the rest. That 10 day school suspension is like giving these offenders a vacation. Principals need to get tougher. Six months in a juvenile facility would be more of a deterent.
Jesus said, "The first in importance is, love the Lord God.'
And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'
There is no other commandment that ranks with these."

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

#14 Gwen

Gwen

• Members
  • 5483 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:27 AM

i'm a firm believer in community service. spend the next 5 weekends wearing orange jumpsuits (for safety so as to be seen) on the side of the road picking up garbage, painting city property that has been vandalized, planting flowers and such in the city park, removing poison oak from the city parks, etc they will think twice. and think of all the money the city will save on workers. i'm sure the school has work that needs doing, busses that need deep cleaning and sterializing (it is flu season after all). a little hard work never hurt anyone, and i think that's part of the problem with some kids today. they don't get enough hard work.

i'm also a firm believer in some kind of punishment for failure to act. the least one can do is alert an authority. i bet all those kids had cell phones if the driver did not act one of them could have called 911 if they were to afraid of being hurt in trying to stop it. i understand one being afraid of getting beat up too but there is always something you can do. there is no excuse for failure to act.

i don't have problems, i have issues
problems can be fixed, issues you just deal with

"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it.
The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be."
-Robert Fulghum

#15 Generally_Me

Generally_Me

• Registered Users
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

Quote: "The second guy hit him because he wanted to hit him," he said.

Well....duh

#16 HEthePrimate

HEthePrimate

Banned

• Banned
  • 1277 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

People can be downright nuts. Sometimes I wonder if those who act all "tough" have insecurities about their own manhood... (just speculating). I mean, what are they trying to prove?

HEP
"Laughter is the closest distance between two people." -- Victor Borge (1909 - 2000)

#17 Just_A_Guy

Just_A_Guy

Semi-Senior Moderator, and Repentant Sea-Lawyer

• Senior Moderators
  • 8088 posts
  • LocationUtah County, Utah, USA

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Bytor, I'm shocked and appalled that you even brought this up.

Spreading stories about black kids beating up white kids is obviously race-baiting designed to undercut the President, doncha know?

#18 bytor2112

bytor2112

• Members
  • 6031 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

Bytor, I'm shocked and appalled that you even brought this up.

Spreading stories about black kids beating up white kids is obviously race-baiting designed to undercut the President, doncha know?

Well, it's widely known that conservative = racist and after all, I am from the deep South:eek:
We've got nothing to fear...but fear itself?
Not pain, not failure, not fatal tragedy?
Not the faulty units in this mad machinery?
Not the broken contacts in emotional chemistry?

#19 MrsAri

MrsAri

Banned

• Banned
  • 616 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

People can be downright nuts. Sometimes I wonder if those who act all "tough" have insecurities about their own manhood... (just speculating). I mean, what are they trying to prove?

HEP

Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac! ;)

#20 Hemidakota

Hemidakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 15447 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:43 AM

Quote: "The second guy hit him because he wanted to hit him," he said.

Well....duh

Noting my old personality as a non-member, defending those of little strength, ^_^I would get up from the back of the bus and do the same to the individual who stated that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq