What's wrong with people??

bytor2112

if they want to truly send a message and put a stop to this kind of behavior they need to use the fullest extent of the law. that means charging the kids that did the beating with battery and anyone that can be identified as smiling, laughing or cheering this on with something. i don't know all the law but isn't there something about witnessing and failure to act? all they may be able to do is slap some community service on them but that is enough to get attention. at the minimum the school should be able to suspend them from being able to ride the bus... their parents can bring them to school.

I do not trust the media to report this with any accuracy. I trust the officials in charge about 80% to get it right. I am not sure any one's opinion on this forum to be accurate.

Personally I do not think this kind of thing should be in the news until the law and courts have rendered a decision.

The Traveler

I do not trust the media to report this with any accuracy. I trust the officials in charge about 80% to get it right. I am not sure any one's opinion on this forum to be accurate.

Personally I do not think this kind of thing should be in the news until the law and courts have rendered a decision.

The Traveler

The situation I related regarding the student beating up the bus driver is accurate. This video and story has been covered extensively in the media.

In regard to the initial story, it is 100% believable to me, as my brother encountered similar situations attending school as a minority.

First order of business is to fire the bus driver. Second order of business is the ban any student involved from riding any bus permenantly and from school for the year. Third, is to press civic chargers of assult and battery on both involve in this caper.

My son once served in the area of St.Louis and this is really nothing to compare to amount of gang shootings.

The situation I related regarding the student beating up the bus driver is accurate. This video and story has been covered extensively in the media.

In regard to the initial story, it is 100% believable to me, as my brother encountered similar situations attending school as a minority.

Sad to note, you have to stand up for youself just once to any bully and it is over. Or do what I did in High School, took up power lifting and no one even bothered me. ^_^

Sad to note, you have to stand up for youself just once to any bully and it is over. Or do what I did in High School, took up power lifting and no one even bothered me. ^_^

Maybe that worked for you but not for me, when I was in the 8th grade I was in fights almost every week because I stood up for myself ^_^

Of course that just might be the difference between girls and boys. Girls tend to hold grudges.

I went to three high schools and stuff like this isn't all that uncommon. Sex drugs and violence is available in large supplies in junior high. I love the idea of home schooling and yet I think I'm stronger because I had to be exposed this kind of crude. What's a parent to do?

As far as fights, whenever they would happen, almost everyone instantly started cheering and encouraging them on. Isn't it like that everywhere?

First order of business is to fire the bus driver. Second order of business is the ban any student involved from riding any bus permenantly and from school for the year. Third, is to press civic chargers of assult and battery on both involve in this caper.

I think this is an over reaction as far as firing the bus driver, but a strong message should be sent to all the bus drivers that indifferent behavior and failure to report such crimes will not be tolerated. I whole heartedly agree with the rest. That 10 day school suspension is like giving these offenders a vacation. Principals need to get tougher. Six months in a juvenile facility would be more of a deterent.

i'm a firm believer in community service. spend the next 5 weekends wearing orange jumpsuits (for safety so as to be seen) on the side of the road picking up garbage, painting city property that has been vandalized, planting flowers and such in the city park, removing poison oak from the city parks, etc they will think twice. and think of all the money the city will save on workers. i'm sure the school has work that needs doing, busses that need deep cleaning and sterializing (it is flu season after all). a little hard work never hurt anyone, and i think that's part of the problem with some kids today. they don't get enough hard work.

i'm also a firm believer in some kind of punishment for failure to act. the least one can do is alert an authority. i bet all those kids had cell phones if the driver did not act one of them could have called 911 if they were to afraid of being hurt in trying to stop it. i understand one being afraid of getting beat up too but there is always something you can do. there is no excuse for failure to act.

I don't think Alana holds the priesthood, seeing as how she's a female.

So... Girls like the white shirts, eh? Going to have to start wearing one every day!

Don't you know that women share the priesthood with their husbands?

When I was single, my bishop told me that I was the priesthood holder in my home.

Sisters of old actually gave blessings... and if you think about it... the temple.

mmmmmm. Twice in my lifetime I have personally been in the middle of an "international" news event that was filmed and covered extensively in the media (several so called independent sources). In both cases by time the media put it up on the 5 o’clock news not only was the coverage inaccurate and misleading; it was absolutely wrong. In one case the hero that saved lives was edited to appear to be a cruel, violent and evil instigator of it all while the real instigator was made out to be the innocent victim

The Traveler