Paying Tithing Online

Aragon

I have been told that you can pay tithing online directly to the Church. Does anyone know how to do this? My issue is that I am currently in the military stationed in Spain. My local branch only takes tithing payment in Euros.

Any help or links to more information would be great. I already did a search on google and found a suggestion on how to do it but all the links that were provided no longer work.

Vanhin,

Yeah, that is the website that I found but the LDSclerk link doesn't provide any information and I cannot find the "Bill Payment Service Electronic Donation Information". I submitted a question on the tech.lds.org to see if anyone there can help me. Again I appreciate your efforts.

Regards

Do you mean in using BILL PAY, as in the case of Bank of America? This is not new and some members found it is very usual. As long there is a memo line to indicate where you want the funds to be obligated.

Donations may be made to a ward or branch through a Bill Payment Service. Such services are generally provided by a financial institution, and allow donors to initiate payments online without writing a check or paying postage. Often some additional documentation is required to specify the donation categories.

[edit] Local donations

Although wards are not set up to process electronic donations, donors can use a Bill Payment Service to send donations to a ward (or branch). Such donations result in a paper check being mailed to the bishop (or branch president). Some bill payment services allow the donor to use a memo line to specify the donation categories (e.g., "$100 Tithing, $20 Fast Offering"). In such a case, the financial clerk would fill out a donation slip on behalf of the donor as donations are being counted.

To reduce the burden on clerks of filling out a donation slip, some wards request that their members fill out donation slips and submit them in advance. This also helps if the bill payment service does not allow a memo line; in this situation the clerks have no way of knowing the proper categories unless the donor submits some kind of donation slip.

I stink at searching for things on this website.

But a couple of months ago or so, someone posted a question about how to pay online. There was a lot of discussion but ultimately, he found something to help him. I can't even remember who it was. Can you do a search on here to find that thread? Maybe that will help.

I can also email my best friend. They are military and have lived all over the world. I can ask her how they paid tithing (I'm pretty sure she told me they paid it online, but just like I stink in searching, my memory is stinky too).

Let me know if you want me to ask her.

I think I found the thread you were refering to. I provided a link to the tech site. When I went there here is the nice note they have left.

"This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.

21:07, 7 December 2009 Lindsayre (Talk | contribs) deleted "Electronic donations" ‎ (Delete ''''Electronic Donations''' per J Johnson, LDS Donations@CHQ. The dept doesn't want to encourage this because they are not setup to efficiently collect e-donations. Requests create lots of work @CHQ. e-Donation only allowed in extreme cases.)"