• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Moksha

Moksha

Banned

• Banned
  • 9321 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Wait... I thought they set them adrift on the ice floes of Utah Lake?

No, that was the Lamanites on Lake Bonneville during the last part of the past ice age.
Jesus said, "The first in importance is, love the Lord God.'
And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'
There is no other commandment that ranks with these."

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

#22 personne

personne

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

Merci pour tout.

#23 theoriginalavatar

theoriginalavatar

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

To me cremation seems like a clean and efficient way to dispose of one's remains. Embalming only puts off the inevitable, which is the slow process of decomposition. Allowing a body to slowly decompose and putrify in the ground, though natural, seems more desecrating to our "temple" than quickly burning it up. I'm currently reading "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach, though it focuses on cadavers, there are a couple of chapters about how we as a society deal with death, bodies, and burial, it's a fascinating read about a subject we don't normally discuss around the water cooler.

Hello Saguaro! I, too, have read (and own) that book. There is a lot of interesing (and entertaining) information to be found there. I used to work in a morgue, and I have seen just about everything there is to see when it comes to human remains. My degree is also in forensic anthropology. If anyone is interested and has any questions, I would be happy to share!

Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. -Paul

#24 Dominic_Korozya

Dominic_Korozya

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

I would like to be buried, as I just like the thought of it. :sadtombstone:

Hey, the New Jerusalem! :usaflag:

LOL it's bowser from super mario world! :bowser:

Mega man! :megaman:

Sonic! :sonic:

These emoticons are brilliant! :D

Moroni Chapter 8 verse 16
"I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear"

#25 HEthePrimate

HEthePrimate

Banned

• Banned
  • 1277 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:26 AM

It is important to remember that the early Utah Saints placed their dead on long boats engraved with Deseret runes, set them afire and let them sail down the fjords of the Great Salt Lake.

LOL! :lol:
"Laughter is the closest distance between two people." -- Victor Borge (1909 - 2000)

#26 HEthePrimate

HEthePrimate

Banned

• Banned
  • 1277 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:29 AM

Just out of curiosity, why do so many people feel the need to ask the Church's permission for just about everything? I mean honestly, what does cremation v. burial have to do with our religion?

HEP
"Laughter is the closest distance between two people." -- Victor Borge (1909 - 2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq