Marriage to adultery partner

GoForIt

What do you call it when one does what one accuses another of?

Oh me! me! pick me!

It's called Michael Jackson.

"I'm looking at the... man in the mirror..."

Lets see, what was this thread about originally? Oh maybe it should be put back on track.

After an adulterous affair, if the adulterer is honest there would, should be a time of repentance. In my opinion, only my opinion it would be longer than one month. Perhaps a year.

In most of the cases that I have been aware of or party to something like this is at least a year but it all depends on level of knowledge of sinner regarding sin and direction of Holy Ghost to those who are required to sit in judgment. Bishop, Stake President, etc.

Ben Raines

I wasn't being sarcastic. And I wasn't preying upon you, Snow. Maybe some day you'll learn the difference.

No, you weren't sarcastic. You were merely insulted and attacked me, in detail, repeatedly - devoting a whopping 11 % of your total posts to it.

Unlucky you I guess since your opinion of me doesn't register on my radar. I just respond to you because hypocrisy bears mentioning.

Lets see, what was this thread about originally? Oh maybe it should be put back on track.

After an adulterous affair, if the adulterer is honest there would, should be a time of repentance. In my opinion, only my opinion it would be longer than one month. Perhaps a year.

Why the time frame - Does God lack the ability to forgive in less that 30 days or do people lack the ability to have a change of heart in under a month?

No, you weren't sarcastic. You were merely insulted and attacked me, in detail, repeatedly - devoting a whopping 11 % of your total posts to it.

Critique of behavior is not an equivalent to insult or attack. But go on with your bitter parade of straw men, if it suits you.

Unlucky you I guess since your opinion of me doesn't register on my radar. I just respond to you because hypocrisy bears mentioning.

When I come across your posts, I've seen several keen points on many topics. But it's hardly worth digging through the scathing sarcasm and cynicism to glean them. So I can't promise to read a reciprocal 11%.

Ok forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere on this forum. I knew a couple in my previous ward whose marriage started with adultery. They had kids together at the point I knew them and seemed to be working on their lives. They were active. I was aware of the situation because I was in the elder's quorum presidency. At the point I knew them they couldn't hold callings if I remember correctly. Can they ever be sealed some day or do they have to live and raise their current family without a sealing? Do any of you know of situations like this recently where the couple was able to be sealed after enough time and repentance had passed?

I find this a curious line of questioning. Is there sincere concern for the welfare of people you once knew, but that you seem to indicate you no longer know? If not, then why concern yourself with the situation of someone you once knew - don't we have enough to worry about with keeping ourselves and current acquaintances on the path?

Or is there more to the story than you are letting on? If this is actually your situation, then your best bet it so seek the advice of your bishop, not search for allegories to satiate concern. If you are contemplating an affair with subsequent marriage, and hoping for justification that you could be sealed, then I for one want no part of helping you in that justification.

Each persons situation is unique, and learning of the outcomes of others will do nothing of real substance to address whatever your concerns are (whether they be for a former acquaintance, a close friend, or yourself). What may the outcome for one couple could be very different for another precisely because each situation is so unique, and discernment by one given authority is necessary. None of us have jurisdiction to be a Judge in Israel over a nearly-hypothetical couple.

There are some opinions (some of them pretty wild) in this thread from a year ago that may give you some food for thought on the idea of being sealed after committing aduletry.

Critique of behavior is not an equivalent to insult or attack. But go on with your bitter parade of straw men, if it suits you.

When I come across your posts, I've seen several keen points on many topics. But it's hardly worth digging through the scathing sarcasm and cynicism to glean them. So I can't promise to read a reciprocal 11%.

It's not a matter of reading 11% of your posts, it's that 11% of your posts are about me, or, as you so fustianly put it, about my behavior. Of course, it's now up to 14%. By mid-July it will be 55%, then 85%; after that, we'll have to get hitched.

It's not a matter of reading 11% of your posts, it's that 11% of your posts are about me, or, as you so fustianly put it, about my behavior. Of course, it's now up to 14%. By mid-July it will be 55%, then 85%; after that, we'll have to get hitched.

Would you two love birds please just go get a private room already?