Cohousing/Cofarming

ldsfireguy

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure that this post is in the right place, but here goes...

My wife and I own a 200 acre organic farm on the Connecticut River in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. We are interested in developing a cohousing/cofarming farm on the property - organic, probably mostly LDS, etc...

Are there any LDS on this group that may be interested in organic cooperative farming in Vermont? Farming experience or education would be great, but a strong desire to be on the land and to be self-sufficient, and a willingness to work hard are of prime importance.

I would love to correspond with anyone, even if this is not exactly right for them, if they have any ideas or thoughts on the idea. Also, if you are not quite interested, but know of someone else who might be, please forward.

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by pam
Please do not post email address publically

Guest mirancs8

me me me! Ow darn you're in Vermont. I would prefer Utah :( Seriously that is such a great idea. I do hope it works for you. I've been interested in that for years. Living in PA I have an Amish acquaintance and it was just amazing to see a group working so hard together and living off of the land. It was like one large family. The worshiped, worked and socialized together it was beautiful.

I wish you lots of luck!!

I really tried hard to come up with a Mormon fundamentalist compound joke, but failed....

You know if they moved to Montana they could form an alliance with a nearby Militia compound. They provide the grub and the militia provides the protection when the US collapses.

I really tried hard to come up with a Mormon fundamentalist compound joke, but failed....

Really? I would have thought a rutabaga joke would be more in order since it is a farm and everything.

When I think of Vermont, I think of all that maple syrup being hoarded up there in Canada. Well, its time to liberate some to this board! Preferably not a Fast Sunday.