Public Access to the Church Handbook of Instructions

MarginOfError

I thought it was odd today that Elder Oaks specified who should have copies of the handbooks, and then clearly stated that they should not be shared with those not authorized to have them.

So, why are they online then?

Well #1 seems to not be intended to be shared. Does the online version of #2 contain all the information found in the hard copy version? It's possible they omitted sections from the online version.

Well #1 seems to not be intended to be shared. Does the online version of #2 contain all the information found in the hard copy version? It's possible they omitted sections from the online version.

No. Book 2 is online in it's entirety. But notice that it isn't in a downloadable an printable format--as in, you can't simply download a pdf and print sections of with ease. It's supposed to be a reference, but not something that sits on every member's bookshelf.

With regards to Book 1, bishops, counselors, executive secretaries, and clerks (including assistants) are going to have access to it via the Leader and Clerk Resources at new.lds.org (becoming lds.org on November 30).

Those of us from Utah may recognize Sister Todd from the role play, she used to be a news anchor for KSL-TV.

I take it she wasn't the woman playing the Relief Society President? That person was reading off her script, and noticeably uncomfortable on camera. My guess is that it was the YW President.