Who Or What Is The Antichrist?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Topic: The Antichrist (in my opinion) is a being, most likely either completely a demon spirit, or something along those lines that works through every mass-medium to brainwash people into rejecting Christ. He started with the printing press, worked through radio and TV, and now the Internet. He has the ability to influence millions of people into preaching secular, demonic-like behavior is acceptable.

Slight Derail: The fact that some people feel that Obama is the Anti-Christ is so absurd it's obnoxious. The guy is a Christian (and also a good person with a loving family) for crying out loud. The Anti-Christ is NOT a Christian by very definition. I think it's a travesty that people can think of someone of Obama's character as such. The guy did pro-bono roots work for the poor in inner-city Chicago slums for Pete's sake. Is that behavior of an Anti-Christ?? Those people need to seriously get a life when throwing around terms like "Anti-Christ" as a casual label for someone.

Obama is actually a Muslim in heart no matter how you 'slice the bread'; for political reasoning he is a Christian... :)

Yes. And obviously you have proof of this, Hemi. You wouldn't post something that you clearly thought was inflammatory. And it's not just the fact that his absentee father figure was Moslem, right?

I look forward to seeing your proof that isn't wild, inflammatory conjecture.

First, don't be premature friend with judgment. If his heart is a Muslim, he should stick with it and stop living the lie. It would be a great respect for all Muslims and me, who are not afraid in being labeled what you truly stood for.

Listen to the news and what he supports. Exactly, where did he invested his spiritual time prior to be a president. Now, it changes when the man wants to run for office. But then, how much more proof do you need? :)

As in church, you can't fake the Spirit as you can fake a lie in politics.

You mean the fact that he belonged to Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ?

Since the 1980s?

You know that the United Church of Christ is not Islamic, right? It is, in fact, a Christian denomination. However, I'm certain that's not what you meant. What proof do you have that Obama is Islamic?

Listen to the news and what he supports. Exactly, where did he invested his spiritual time prior to be a president. Now, it changes when the man wants to run for office. But then, how much more proof do you need? :)

As in church, you can't fake the Spirit as you can fake a lie in politics.

Rrright. Okay. So Pamela Geller, the head of 'Stop the Islamization of America' has access to the private conversations of the President of the United States and the Egyptian Foreign Minister.

That's interesting that the evil Barack Obama, a Muslim, and the Egyptian Foreign Minister, also a Muslim, are so open with their deep and dark secrets with someone who has sworn to remove all their influences.

One might question your source and roll their eyes, were one less credulous than I.

One might have gone to Sourcewatch.org and noticed that this particular person doesn't have any insider credentials in Washington and realized that they have no way of gathering this information, were one less trusting of sources such as myself.

Hemi? What you quoted was just paranoid conspiracy claptrap. Obama's not a Muslim.

"I am a Muslim," Obama Tells Egyptian Foreign Minister Gheit Islamic Coup on the White House - Atlas Shrugs

Even the Intelligence community knows this...but it doesn't matter to them. For me it does matter, he live the principle he loves the most.

The part of Obama telling the the Egyptian Prime Minister he's Muslim is most likely not true, and propaganda. The video of him slipping up I'm totally fine with. He's made a few weird slips of the tongues before. Like the time he said he visited 57 states, when he was most likely referring to the number of CITIES he'd been to, and was counting cities and states in is head and the word states came out.

I've seen someone in my church accidentally slip up and refer to God as Satan because they had been talking about Satan for a while, and the words got interchanged. I've done the same thing, interchanged words that were extreme opposites simply because they were both being thrown around in a conversation. It's not uncommon at all.

I wish it was so but I believe that is not the case. This is one of many things I wish he would come forth and make a correction with humility for a better change in his life. You know, both Clinton and Obama could be great presidents. Both have the ability within themselves to be great leaders.

A classic example of reality, do you still remember (TWA) Flight 800 and the FAA through long series of investigation blamed it on a poorly designed fuel feeding device. What most people failed to ask, no matter how many of those 100 series jumbos been investigated, this seemed to be the only one that had an issue. Not only that, was their another jet liner that crashed within the same timeframe - Swiss Air unexplained mechanical issues? Sometime it is better not to ask in what really happen in this simple dose of reality when it is contrary to what is given by the media or our own government employees.

You're comparing the FAA to Obama? First off, most planes flying today are 40-50 years old. I don't have time to research the flight you're referring to, I'm assuming it's the one that had to land in the Hudson?

Anyway, I think this is a pretty far stretch of an example of why Obama's a terrible leader, a Muslim (or the Anti-Christ) because you have a conspiracy on why it wasn't the fuel feeder that they apparently blamed it on. You need to show me more, and not just the sketchy propaganda stuff either.

Edited by coyotemoon722

FunkyTown-

The article Hemi linked cited its source of information as the Egyptian Prime Minister himself speaking on Nile TV, addressing the Muslim population. He told them to "be patient" with the U.S. and cited Obama's private admittance to him as reason.

You definitely don't have to believe it- but at least get the facts straight before dismissing the case. Ms. Geller never claimed to have inside access to the White House.

I don't know whether Obama is Muslim or not- at this point, I don't think it matters because of the widespread corruption in the White House- but even if we believe that he attended Trinity United Church of Christ, that's still a scary fact. Have you researched the finer points of Jeremiah Wright's theology? It's black liberation theology- and it's, quite honestly, evil stuff.

And guys, I know that seeing seemingly unsubstantiated claims can get tiring, but I plead with you not to dismiss Hemidakota outright.

For me, the Anti-Christ is not a person, but a set of beliefs that guide people, organizations, and nations to fight against Christ and his teachings.

So, the Beast of Revelation and Daniel, which John describes as an alliance of nations built upon false economic concepts, is Anti-Christ.

What does the Bible tell us about the anti-Christ and more specifically, when he will arrive? Aren't there a certain number of things that are to take place first? Have those things already happened? Honestly, I choose to spend my focus and energy on this day right now worshiping and praising Heavenly Father for giving me one more day and for loving me like He does. I also do my very best to shine that love from Him towards every person I meet as I strive to follow His commands. Tomorrow is not here yet and if bad things do happen just like in the past Heavenly Father will take care of His own.

For me, the Anti-Christ is not a person, but a set of beliefs that guide people, organizations, and nations to fight against Christ and his teachings.

So, the Beast of Revelation and Daniel, which John describes as an alliance of nations built upon false economic concepts, is Anti-Christ.

I do not believe anyone here believes that Obama is the Anti-Christ.

Some of us just do not believe he is what he is passing himself off as.

And this is on several levels.

Now back to our movie:)

Did someone say movie? Where is the popcorn? :P

Looking at the last breathing Nephite prophet and seer, what did Moroni see of our day? Moroni witnessed our day when the Book of Mormon would come forth, and saw that it was a time when the adversary would rule the world. "I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing."

Moroni saw the following:

1] a day of "secret combinations and the works of darkness";

2] a day "when the power of God shall be denied";

3] a day when churches would "become defiled and be lifted up in the pride of their hearts";

4] a day when "there shall be murders, and robbing, and lying, and deceivings, and whoredoms, and all manner of abominations";

5] a day when people would "walk in the pride of [their] hearts";

6] a day of "envying, and strifes, and malice, and persecutions, and all manner of iniquities";

7] a day when people would "love money, and . . . substance";

8] a day when people would "build up . . . secret abominations to get gain" (See also Morm. 8:27-41).

This was just a tip of what was seen and what was written.

Matthew wrote (read the JST version):

21 If any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there, believe him not;

22 For in those days there shall also arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant.

23 Behold, I speak these things unto you for the elect's sake; . . .

24 Behold, I have told you before;

25 Wherefore, if they shall say unto you: Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: Behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not;

26 For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

Noticed the highlighted sections? Easily to be fooled.

Ram stated something that even Apostle Bruce R. McConkie shared some insight in his book in linking the Anti-Christ to not only a person but false worship:

["[With few exceptions] a false Christ is not a person. It is a false system of worship, a false church, a false cult that says: 'Lo, here is salvation; here is the doctrine of Christ. Come and believe thus and so, and ye shall be saved.' It is any concept or philosophy that says that redemption, salvation, sanctification, justification, and all of the promised rewards can be gained in any way except that set forth by the apostles and prophets." (Millennial Messiah, 48; see also McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 1:647)

"I am a Muslim," Obama Tells Egyptian Foreign Minister Gheit Islamic Coup on the White House - Atlas Shrugs

Even the Intelligence community knows this...but it doesn't matter to them. For me it does matter, he live the principle he loves the most.

Hemi, are you serious about this? Hope not. Hope it is like me when I am telling about some story from The Onion as being true. It is sometimes fun to pull the collective leg with the absurd. N'est-ce pas?

Hemi, are you serious about this? Hope not. Hope it is like me when I am telling about some story from The Onion as being true. It is sometimes fun to pull the collective leg with the absurd. N'est-ce pas?

I don't waste my effort in reading The Onion, Snoops, and at times, use the Wiki handbook of instruction. Or give credence to the Gospel according to the Discovery Channel. :P

He simple needs to be himself and be true to his own beliefs and not be subjected to a lie or live a lie to gain honor from others. If he truly loves Islam, I simply do not have a problem with it or his service in being a president. But, I have a problem with people who live a lie, are lukewarm, or claimed to be a Christian (LDS), would enter the walls of the Temple without trepidation, and treat people with much condescension.

In this letter to Church members in Laodicea, Jesus stated;

"Thou art lukewarm, . . . I will spue thee out of my mouth" (3:16)

Jesus describes the lukewarm Saints with five terms: "wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (3:17), terms that apply to their spiritual state rather than their physical condition.

I do not think that Obama is a Muslim. I do think he was a radical Christian under Rev Wright. And I think he is very friendly towards Islam, but so is Rev Wright. They have a pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel component to their views.

I personally cannot figure out the animosity from either side. Nor can I understand Christians (or Muslims, for that matter) being militant, except that they have replaced faith with politics.

• 9 months later...

If I am interpeting scriptures correctly; the AntiChrist will be a descendent from the Tribe of Dan? Is this correct? Wasn't Judas Iscariot, the betrayer of Jesus Christ from this tribe as well. If I am correct, wouldn't the Anti-Christ be of European or North American birth?:(