• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Diane2011

Diane2011

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

I was told when I was endowed 15 years ago that wearing " undies" under the G's bottoms were a personal choice, especially at certain times for women, and also about the bra being worn under the G's were ok too. The " next to the skin" for the G's as we are told , especially more so today, is meant to mean under the normal clothing we wear. I've asked several Temple matrons through the years and a couple of years ago talked to the Temple Presidents wife who I was sitting with at one time in the Temple, she said some things have " changed" a bit from what was said years ago, not changed to the point where we choose when and when not to wear them on days we don't feel like it of course, but changed as per clothing worn with or under them. Does that make sense?

#22 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6223 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

What I really want is a Carinessa top with built-in bra padding! That would be super awesome. No need to spend extra $$ on a bra...

And while I'm at, I also want the bottoms to be designed to hold pads with wings!... you know kinda like men's swim trunks that has the pant lining - this would be like that except for a panty-lining...

Bra padding. If only that worked for me. Sigh. I'm stuck shopping at Victoria's Secret as its the only place that reliably has my bra size.

Ability to hold winged pads... that would be awesome.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

#23 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6223 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

I was told when I was endowed 15 years ago that wearing " undies" under the G's bottoms were a personal choice, especially at certain times for women, and also about the bra being worn under the G's were ok too. The " next to the skin" for the G's as we are told , especially more so today, is meant to mean under the normal clothing we wear. I've asked several Temple matrons through the years and a couple of years ago talked to the Temple Presidents wife who I was sitting with at one time in the Temple, she said some things have " changed" a bit from what was said years ago, not changed to the point where we choose when and when not to wear them on days we don't feel like it of course, but changed as per clothing worn with or under them. Does that make sense?

I'm trying to see if I understand it. So are we allowed or not to wear panties/bras under, then? (though personally I think that seems excessive and uncomfortable)

#24 Wingnut

Wingnut

A little nutty, with wings

• Members
  • 10407 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

I'm trying to see if I understand it. So are we allowed or not to wear panties/bras under, then? (though personally I think that seems excessive and uncomfortable)

Yes you are allowed. My mom once asked about panties specifically. She was told, "if the garment is representative of such significant covenants, and is supposed to be the most sacred item of clothing you have, doesn't it make sense to protect it further from unnecessary soiling?"

As for bras, the over/under issue is a personal one. I used to wear my bra over the garment (for no other reason than that was how my mom wore it, and she was my only first-hand example), until I started breastfeeding. It became so much more convenient and easy to wear the bra under. When I weaned my daughter, I tried switching back, but it was no use. For one thing, breasts are large as mine don't fit into a bra very well when there's an extra layer underneath.

My interpretation of "next to the skin" is that it means, private, under your clothes, not for public viewing.
Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed. -- C.S. Lewis

If we're going to be stupid about this, we're going to be stupid on my terms. -- my husband

#25 Truegrits

Truegrits

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 4162 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

I have been wearing the Carinessa II bottoms and tops for a couple of months. I LOVE them. My only complaint is, that the bottoms are not available in petite, except by special order.

True Grits

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters.

If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters."

(~Alan Simpson~)

"If you have men who will exclude any of

God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,

you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

(~St. Francis of Assisi~)

#26 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6223 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Carinessa II are the only ones I've worn so far (because of this thread, no less) and I love them. My mom bought some when I did and hates them. Maybe I'll find them too hot come summer, but right now they're great. Or maybe I just don't know any better since I haven't tried any others.

#27 Suzie

Suzie

Wonder Woman

• Members
  • 2986 posts
  • LocationThemyscira

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Geez (did I just cursed?) you all are making me jealous. Never heard of Carinessa II bottoms or tops, going to find out about this on Sunday!

People say you can't live without love. But I think oxygen is more important.

#28 mimi

mimi

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Personally, i thought the carinessa II bottoms were too hot even in the winter. i did like how they stayed put though. I think drisilk is the most comfortable of the fabrics i'm just waiting for someone with the power to fix the problem to realize that they need an actual hem instead of just surging them off. i swear sometimes mine roll up like big legged granny panties =/ the ladies at the distribution center just keep telling me to try a size bigger but at this rate i'll be four sizes too big and it still won't be guaranteed they won't roll up. XP I also very much agree with whoever it was that posted about them needing to take larger chested women into consideration. in my regular tops the seam that is supposed to be down with my underwire hits about the middle of my boobs. though I have learned that it kinda helps to get tall tops. they stay tucked in better and the chest area seems larger.

#29 LDSJewess

LDSJewess

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

LOVE the Carinessa fabric and style. They seem to run a little large so I got stuck a little with missed sizing but once I found what worked for me, I'm a happy camper. That I love most about the tops is that there is no seam across the bustline and if I wear a tee shirt seamless bra over the top, it is very smooth with no seams and lines. For those like me that wear a lot of work out spandex type fabrics, the Carinessa fits sleek and smooth under everything. I prefer the bra over the top for that reason and also so the markings won't show under thinner tee shirts. The bottoms also run a little large but with some tweaking of sizing I worked that out too. What I would LOVE to see happen is that they came out with garments (specifically bottoms) that were thicker with more spandex like shapewear so we could hold everything in and not need to wear shapewear panties under them. A snug fit would also hold liners in place better. I don't find the fabric too hot and it's mid summer in hot and humid Florida. Of course it is hot here all the time and we get used to it regardless of what we wear.

#30 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6223 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

What I would LOVE to see happen is that they came out with garments (specifically bottoms) that were thicker with more spandex like shapewear so we could hold everything in and not need to wear shapewear panties under them. A snug fit would also hold liners in place better.

Gosh, that would be so cool!

Okay, I've learned I can't wear Carinessa II bottoms in the Utah summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq