• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 angel_1

angel_1

• Inactive 3+ Years
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

So my ex-husband and his new wife (who was his mistress btw) have never come clean about their affair lied blatantly to the bishop and have been given recommends to be sealed. They seem to think that they can just take my children to the temple with them to be sealed together. I have declined giving permission but they still think they can just do it and the bishop has said that it is fine . . . how can this be possible? and how can I stop this? anyone?

#2 slamjet

slamjet

SeƱor Grumpy

• Members
  • 3965 posts
  • LocationTHE City of Angels

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

Get your Bishop and Stake President involved.
SLAMJET HAS A BLOG!!!
www.reconverted.org

416570_399063776775877_852125432_o_zpsfc

#3 MarginOfError

MarginOfError

Lord of the Gummi Snacks

• Members
  • 5904 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Get your Bishop and Stake President involved.

slamjet is right. You need to speak with your bishop and stake president.

A child may be sealed to one natural parent and one step parent only when:
a) the natural parent has legal custody AND physical custody for the marjority of the time
B) the other natural parent has given signed, written consent naming the child to be sealed and the couple to whom the child is to be sealed. This letter must be presented at the temple.

In the absence of these conditions, children cannot be sealed to a step parent. It sounds to me that you haven't given written consent. Let your bishop know what you think is happening, and he and your stake president can contact your ex's priesthood leaders to ensure that policy is followed. If they feel that the concern is not being taken seriously, they can also contact the temple where they are planning to be sealed. Temple leadership will take these issues very seriously and will not perform the sealing without the proper documentation.

Dude. When both Vort and MOE are in agreement, the thinking has been done. :D

Uncommon Dissent

#4 The_Phoenix

The_Phoenix

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

So my ex-husband and his new wife (who was his mistress btw) have never come clean about their affair lied blatantly to the bishop and have been given recommends to be sealed. They seem to think that they can just take my children to the temple with them to be sealed together. I have declined giving permission but they still think they can just do it and the bishop has said that it is fine . . . how can this be possible? and how can I stop this? anyone?

They cannot do this, go see their Bishop or Temple President.
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. (Isaiah 61: 3)

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40: 31)

#5 Family_Man

Family_Man

• Inactive 3+ Years
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

I believe you can not be sealed to a stepchild without written permission from the parent who is not getting sealed. My wife and I have been unable to get sealed to my stepkids because their nonmember father has said no. I would suggest you call the temple presidency for whatever temple they are going to go through and chat with them. It was the Denver Temple presidency that origionaly told me that I needed that letter, because my Bishop and Stake President said they didn't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq