What are the temporal blessings we receive from our temple sealing?

What are the temporal blessings we receive in this life from our temple sealing? My husband and I were discussing this the other night. We both pretty much understood the "eternal" blessings that we would receive in the next life. But, we're not as clear on what the temporal blessings are--what are the blessings we receive while in mortality? I can think of some intangibles, such as, a couple would work harder to make their marriage work knowing they have an eternal marriage. And, I have thought about the promise we've been given as parents that our children who have strayed will some day feel the "divine tentacles" of the spirit and will return--it may be in this life or the next. But, what about the couple themselves. Are there any specific blessings they receive while in mortality?

Edited by classylady

What are the temporal blessings we receive in this life from our temple sealing? My husband and I were discussing this the other night. We both pretty much understood the "eternal" blessings that we would receive in the next life. But, we're not as clear on what the temporal blessings are--what are the blessings we receive while in mortality? I can think of some intangibles, such as, a couple would work harder to make their marriage work knowing they have an eternal marriage. And, I have thought about the promise we've been given as parents that our children who have strayed will some day feel the "divine tentacles" of the spirit and will return--it may be in this life or the next. But, what about the couple themselves. Are there any specific blessings they receive while in mortality?

What greater blessings can there be, than to have assurance of greater joy in family relationships, if you continue faithful to the end? If you stay true to your temple covenants, you are promised that you will have joy beyond measure with your family and beloved friends, and an eternal increase.

This kind of assurance transforms my life. One of the greatest things about the gospel in my point of view, is how it enables us to have such a great perspective and attitude towards this life and the purpose of it.

I don't know what you mean exactly by temporal- or why we even need to distinguish temporal blessings from spiritual, or "intangible" blessings. To me, they are intermingled with each other.

Now, if you're looking for a guarantee of worldly success because you were sealed in the temple, that's not exactly what we have been promised. But we are promised some wonderful spiritual blessings, which in my opinion, often convert readily into temporal blessings.

As for me, I find greater strength of character and determination because I have taken those temple covenants upon me. And that's what this life is about - to become something greater. That's what I seek for, regardless of what temporal blessings the Lord may allow me to be blessed with.

Reference?

Javajot, this is the reference: I copied it off of LDS.org

Joseph Smith (1805–44) First President of the Church

“The Prophet Joseph Smith declared—and he never taught a more comforting doctrine—that the eternal sealings of faithful parents and the divine promises made to them for valiant service in the Cause of Truth, would save not only themselves, but likewise their posterity. Though some of the sheep may wander, the eye of the Shepherd is upon them, and sooner or later they will feel the tentacles of Divine Providence reaching out after them and drawing them back to the fold. Either in this life or the life to come, they will return. They will have to pay their debt to justice; they will suffer for their sins; and may tread a thorny path; but if it leads them at last, like the penitent Prodigal, to a loving and forgiving father’s heart and home, the painful experience will not have been in vain. Pray for your careless and disobedient children; hold on to them with your faith. Hope on, trust on, till you see the salvation of God” (Orson F. Whitney, in Conference Report, Apr. 1929, 110).

I hope that helps.

Another question that I have on this, is: Are there any additional temporal Priesthood blessings that a husband and wife have by being sealed in the Temple? For example, if a man and wife are civilly married, active in the church, he holds the Melc. Priesthood, but they haven't gotten sealed yet, will there be any additional Priesthood blessings they will receive "in this life", once they are sealed? I know there are blessings in the eternities, but I'm wondering about this life? Does anyone have any insight into this? Thank you.

One blessing for sure is that a couple that is sealed by the holy power of the priesthood; have the privilege of the most important covenant and promise with the very eternal G-d in them from that very moment forward to forever. Even if one did not like their spouse that much, the very privilege of such a covenant with G-d is a great blessing that I do not believe can be surpassed in this life.

The Traveler

I have heard from an Apostle(I am related to one) that through the faithfulness of the couple that is being sealed even if they have children that fall away.. if the couple is being true to the sealing then they can in a sense pull the child in the next life to a better way of living.. or something to that extent.. don't quote me exactly but that is how powerful the sealing is.