Second Marriage / Sealing Cancelation

It so is a judgmental assumption. A potentially valid concern is blown up into condemnation of the entire civil wedding idea

ANd yet... I can see why it happens. I have something of a gossip gene I have to control, and there is a little part of me that has to wonder "and why AREN'T they getting married at the temple?" It could be a major sin, or it could have absolutely nothing to do with sin but was simply the best choice at the time and situation.

LOVE how you said the bold bit.

ANd yet... I can see why it happens. I have something of a gossip gene I have to control, and there is a little part of me that has to wonder "and why AREN'T they getting married at the temple?" It could be a major sin, or it could have absolutely nothing to do with sin but was simply the best choice at the time and situation.

LOVE how you said the bold bit.

Thanks..... It could even be an effort to avoid sin... A young couple in love, are ready and willing to commit to get other... Yet something is holding up the paperwork... totally not their fault. If they have the typical hormones that most people do then satan is going to hammer them on it. Without end just to stop it from happening.

Edited by estradling75

I abhor divorce. I almost feel like taking a shower just reading this.

More marriages would work if the people who say I DO ..... DID!

Who cares what you abhor, especially when it flies on the face of real life. And what's with the I DO...DID garbage? If you were ever in a real relationship with someone other than yourself, you would have a real answer with real experience behind it. But, since you have none, then your replies are not even worth the electrons it took to put them there.

I have been divorced and so has my husband. The thing is, somtimes there is just nothing else that can be done. If only one person wants to save the marrige, then that person usrally looses and ends up divorced anyways, no matter how hard they try.

Divorce sucks!! But sometimes it really is best, my life is way better, now. It was way better as soon as the divorce was final. Yes, there are still tons of challenges that go witth it, there are innocent children involved, but sometimes it's worth it.

I know I married and thought that was going to be forever, but now I am trying to work on the cancellation and temple sealing as well. These things do happen, and those involved are not always people that just gave up and thought the grass was greener. Sometimes divorced people have been through hell trying to save their marriges, but couldn't. I can't stand that feeling of being judged just because I have been divorced. Often that happend in the church and people jump to conclusions that are way off.

:mad:

Edited by Jennarator

So abuse victims should work on hiding from their abusive spouses in order to make a marriage work so you can be happy about it?

MY mom and dad were married civilly on I think a Saturday and were sealed in the temple on Monday. The following month the church changed it and said you needed to wait a whole year. I think my mom said it was to discourage people from having a regular wedding first which in my opinion tends to be very worldly. Makes sense. If you don't/didn't want to wait a year, be sealed first and don't get married outside the temple. Seems pretty simple.

People's responses are very confusing. The original question was:

"I am getting married a second time and would like to know why I have to wait a year (after our civil ceremony) to get sealed?"

The simple answer: Because those are the rules which the church changed back in the mid 1960's.

MY mom and dad were married civilly on I think a Saturday and were sealed in the temple on Monday. The following month the church changed it and said you needed to wait a whole year. I think my mom said it was to discourage people from having a regular wedding first which in my opinion tends to be very worldly. Makes sense. If you don't/didn't want to wait a year, be sealed first and don't get married outside the temple. Seems pretty simple.

People's responses are very confusing. The original question was:

"I am getting married a second time and would like to know why I have to wait a year (after our civil ceremony) to get sealed?"

The simple answer: Because those are the rules which the church changed back in the mid 1960's.

And that's all there is to it.

I disagree with your mom's reasoning as I see nothing wrong with a regular wedding, but the Church says it and there you go.

• 8 months later...

Hello to all. I jsut registered fo the foum and thought I would introduce myself. I was a convert to the Church in 1980 and lasted 24 yers. that included beign a bishop and a temple sealing. I am 58

In 2004, i chose to leave the marriage...gave her my half of the house without any negotiation, payed off almost two third of the debts and stayed in the same town fo the sake of my 16 year old son for three years In 2006, i came back to the Church as a result of a disastous 6 month courtship and mariage to an LDs woman also in that town. She was billiant, beautiful and sexy....but profoundly damaged...a combinatibn of Post trautamtic stress disorder and Borderline pesonality Disorder. She literally panicked, ran away after 62 days of mariage and field fo a divoce without telling her bishop or her brother who was the fist counselor in the bishopic. three months ago she wrote my an apology note for treating me so badly almost 6 years ago.

She rejected all effots to get back together and in retrospect, although it was the most painful time of my life, i could not have survived with her.

I have livied and traveled in Colombia, Peru and ecuador since 2008.

Two weeks ago my fist wife with whiom I have maintained civil contact informed me that she wanted to re marry (in the temple) to another Mormon and her bishop sent me the standard I need a letter from you.

My question....whata re my options?

After I get some feedback, I tell you what I am thinking