How much do you spend on utilites (gas, electric, water) per month?

lizzy16

Live in Waldport, OR. 2 in family. Water & septic are included in lot rent of $300.00. Electricity about $100.00, Garbage $19.80, Internet & land phone line (have to have a phone line to get internet) $82.30 - 2 cell phones $102.20 (that will be less now that we no longer have all the bells and whistles on one of the phones), Full coverage car insurance on two vehicles $143.00 about. House is 1,500 + sq. ft.

Edited by Iggy
to ad sq. footage of home

North Texas, 2 people, 2200 sq ft house - poorly insulated brick walls

Electric - summer $400 winter $125

Gas - Summer $10 winter $75

Water/Sewer/Garbage pick-up - Summer $110 Winter $80 (watering lawn in summer raises it)

Family size: 3 adults and one child

house size: 3100 sq feet

Northern Utah mountain valley

Electricity: $80/ month equal payment plan (only changed when the legislature voted a rate increase.)

Gas: $90/month also equal payment plan (was down to $79/month with just husband and I.)

Garbage: $27/month (changes frequently as gas prices go up and up and up.)

Water: $20/month (doesn't change regardless of how many people live here. Its a water share.)

Family size: 1 adult, 1 child

Central Texas

One bedroom apartment with cement walls- only one window and door

Electric: $30/month (don't know if your class is taking this into account, but I have a 100% green energy plan) Also- I am not home much.. I work and son goes to daycare, and we unplug everything when we are gone

Water/Sewage/Garbage: $40/month (the bill is evenly split between all apartment tenants every month so it varies, but it tends to be around this amount)

No other utilities.

Family size: 2 adults, 1 child under 1

-We live in an apartment complex, we get free water (also free garbage removal, free laundry on site as well)

-Electric, on average per month: $20-$30 -- we rarely turn our lights on during the day and just leave the blinds open, so this helps us save a few bucks in our situation

-Gas, on average per month: $20-$30 -- we also don't crank up our heat (it's set at about 68 degrees), if it's not a total necessity to be turning it on, we don't and just use blankets; oh, and our A/C is broken and nobody has come to fix it yet, so we haven't been able to use it -- that always helps save a buck or two ;)

Our apartment is also only 800 square feet, so it doesn't necessarily take too much to get it lit, warm, or cooled off. :)

Budget plan for electricity, heat/air: $155 a month. Water and trash removal: $42. Considering that winter heating bills can get outrageous out here, it is worth it to have the budget plan where the payment is the same each month, even though there are some months when the actual costs are around $90. Like a lot of Midwest houses, we have ceiling fans in almost every room, which helps with utilities. If it's not humid, you can open the windows and just let the fans do the work.

This is for a 1800-2000 sq foot house in a college town in the Midwest. I pay all the bills. My son's contribution mainly goes to his share of food and cable/phone. Personally, I'd keep the house colder in the winter, but we like the rabbit to be comfy.

Our last place was about 800 sq/ft and we paid about $120 a month for electricity/gas, $30 a month for water. We just moved into a 1200 sq/ft apartment and pay $40 a month avg for gas and electric. Water is included. 5 people, home a lot. We live in California, coastal.

Efficient windows and doors make a huge difference.

If all of you can state the city and state your living in, I would be curios to know as the cost of living here is crazy.

Our complex pays for the water, my guess its added to the rent. Electricity is 200-300 per two months for 2 bedroom duplex. Garbage free. Gasoline, 5.50 per gallon. Sales taxe 12 percent. Realeste, 1.2 million dollars for a 1,200 sq foot bungalow in west Vancouver" much less here in delta.