What do I wear to a temple interview?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 apexviper13

apexviper13

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

Before Institute I'm meeting with the bishop for a temple recommend interview. Do I still wear Sunday clothes or what?
"Rev it up and get your game on because it's time to duel!"

#2 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6147 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

If not "Sunday", wear something at least nice. Slacks, button-down shirt. Err on the side of too fancy.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

#3 trubludru

trubludru

• Inactive 1+ months.
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

I'd say dress up in what you'd wear to church or as close as possible to that as reasonable/your schedule/etc permits. I feel it shows respect to the Priesthood leader giving interview and to sacredness of the temple (even though you aren't at the temple it is so you can enter the temple).

#4 SQUARE

SQUARE

• Inactive 1+ months.
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

If you are a male. White shirt and tie for sure. If you are ever meeting with the Priesthood for interviews you should allways have a white shirt and a tie. This is a respect thing for you and them and your Heavenly Father.

Edited by SQUARE, 29 June 2011 - 03:14 PM.

#5 RipplecutBuddha

RipplecutBuddha

• Ask Gramps Team
  • 1453 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

Amen to the above, however there are exceptions. For instance, once I was scheduled to have a recommend interview immediately after work. I told the bishop I would not have time to change into proper attire. He told me it was no problem, to come straight to the church anyway. It turned out the same situation happened the next week with the stake president, and he gave me the same answer. I did both interviews in rather dirty jeans and a t-shirt. I apologized again before each interview, and each time I was reassured it was the interview that was the most important thing, not how I was dressed. So...wear your sunday regular so long as time permits a change of clothes. If not, speak with the person giving the interview and let them know you won't have time to change. Usually they'll either take you as you are, or move the interview so you will have time to change.

#6 Guest_Sachi001_*

Guest_Sachi001_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

Do the same when you meet with the Stake President for the other signature. Also always Sunday best when going to the Temple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq