Structured in other Christian demoninations?

girlygirl

PS: Kind of you to point out the poor sentence caused by an active brain not being in tune with poor typing skills... but hopefully you got the point regardless.

No, I did not. But given the uncharitable assessment of the Latter-day Saint religion that you have so far provided, I might assume it was more meaningless criticism of a religion you clearly know little about, so I doubt I missed much.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vort: How and why would you expect me to be "charitable" to a faith system that I believe diverts people from a saving relationship with Jesus? Is it any less charitable for the Mormon Church to send thousands of people to the home of "churched" people on the assumption that what it has is somehow better than what they have? I categorically believe Mormonism to be a another gospel. As a Christian I am compelled by all that I believe and the one in whom I trust to play my part in the Great Commission. At some point in the future, hopefully this side of death, you will see how God's prevenient grace has been shown you.

Vort: How and why would you expect me to be "charitable" to a faith system that I believe diverts people from a saving relationship with Jesus? Is it any less charitable for the Mormon Church to send thousands of people to the home of "churched" people on the assumption that what it has is somehow better than what they have? I categorically believe Mormonism to be a another gospel. As a Christian I am compelled by all that I believe and the one in whom I trust to play my part in the Great Commission. At some point in the future, hopefully this side of death, you will see how God's prevenient grace has been shown you.

Says the guy who insists he can define my relationship with God (or lack thereof) better than I can.

Look, you're the one who insisted you worship a different Jesus from the Biblical Jesus worshiped by the Latter-day Saints.

PS: I have done extensive, very extensive study of Mormon beliefs and practice. Have you done as much with Christian theology and practice?

In fact, I have spent my entire life studying Christian theology and practice. I am quite expert in it.

Your "extensive, very extensive study of Mormon beliefs and practice" is obviously very shallow when you get the simplest matters wrong.

PS: Kind of you to point out the poor sentence caused by an active brain not being in tune with poor typing skills... but hopefully you got the point regardless.

Not to take away from the flow of this thread, but there is that lovely Edit button that is easily accessible for anyone to use on their posts. :)

M.

Vort: Please give an example of just what I have got wrong about Mormonism apart from not accepting it as valid? I believe you are dishonest in claiming I have said that I "worship a different Jesus from the Biblical Jesus worshiped by Latter-day Saints." I do indeed worship the Biblical Jesus but would, of course, argue that the Mormon Jesus is the one that does not meet the Biblical test. I suppose we shall have to agree to disagree on that. I will ignore your claim to expertise in Christian theology...,after all, according to you, I am the one who deals in snide comments.

Vort: Please give an example of just what I have got wrong about Mormonism apart from not accepting it as valid?

I would, but now I see you've (supposedly) exited the board, so I won't bother.

I believe you are dishonest in claiming I have said that I "worship a different Jesus from the Biblical Jesus worshiped by Latter-day Saints."

Oh, there's dishonesty there, no doubt, but it's not from my part. You have no authority to dictate or specify, or even identify, whom someone else worships. You have no ability to look into the heart and make that judgment. You cannot tell me whom or what I worship. But I can say whom I worship, and as a lifetime Latter-day Saint, I am well-qualified to determine the Being worshiped by my Church members. I know that Being to be Jesus of Nazareth, the same taught in the Bible.

Now, you may have no authority to say whom we worship, but you certainly can say whom you worship. And by your own words, you have stated very plainly that you worship a different Jesus from us. Very well. I accept your statement. By your own testimony, you do not worship the Biblical Jesus, as do we.

Your words, pendragon, not mine.

I do indeed worship the Biblical Jesus but would, of course, argue that the Mormon Jesus is the one that does not meet the Biblical test.

Why on earth do you think that I, or anyone else on this board, cares what you think on that subject?

Bye.

Didn't Jesus say something about, ' if they are not against me , ?

I'm meditating on this very thought. I've said here before that when I compare my church's 16 Fundamental Truths with the LDS Article's of Faith, there is not one doctrine that we can say we agree on. Nevertheless, we agree on the divinity of Christ, and that his sacrifice atones for our sins.

I can say to a Muslim, "We are fellow God-seekers." With LDS, I can at least go one step further and say, "We are fellow Christ-seekers." It's not an end, but it's at least a place of meeting.

Thank you PC. That was the original thought that caused me to post.

It may not be a brick and morter building we share. Just a simple forum.

I am grateful for the fellowship. Some very lively and some very thoughtful.

Unless we rightly divide the Word we cannot hear each other very well, and It seems we are

all giving it our best go.