Statement Of The First Presidency Regarding God

jcook95

Greetings LDS Chat community,

the first presidency statement I'm looking for is referenced several times, but the actual statement has eluded my searches. It was delivered Feb 15, 1978 with this title: "Statement of the First Presidency regarding God"

I'd really like a copy of the statement. In advance, thanks.

the first presidency statement I'm looking for is referenced several times, but the actual statement has eluded my searches. It was delivered Feb 15, 1978 with this title: "Statement of the First Presidency regarding God"

go to lds.org and look it up.......

I believe this is the statement that you're looking for.

STATEMENT OF THE FIRST PRESIDENCY

REGARDING

GOD'S LOVE FOR ALL MANKIND

February 15,1978

Based upon ancient and modern revelation. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gladly teaches and declares the Christian doctrine that all men and women are brothers and sisters, not only by blood relationship from common mortal progenitors but as literal spirit children of an Eternal Father.

The great religious leaders of the world such as Mohammed, Confucius, and the Reformers, as well as philosophers including Socrates, Plato, and others, received a portion of God's light. Moral truths were given to them by God to enlighten whole nations and to bring a higher level of understanding to individuals.

The Hebrew prophets prepared the way for the coming of Jesus Christ, the promised Messiah, who should provide salvation for all mankind who believe in the gospel.

Consistent with these truths, we believe that God has given and will give to all peoples sufficient knowledge to help them on their way to eternal salvation, either in this life or in the life to come.

We also declare that the gospel of Jesus Christ, restored to His Church in our day, provides the only way to a mortal life of happiness and a fulness of joy forever. For those who have not received this gospel, the opportunity will come to them in the life hereafter if not in this life.

Our message therefore is one of special love and concern for the eternal welfare of all men and women, regardless of religious belief, race, or nationality, knowing that we are truly brothers and sisters because we are sons and daughters of the same Eternal Father.

The Book of Mormon also makes this clear:

For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it (2 Nephi 29:12).

The Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have (Alma 29:8).

I got it from this website: http://www.fairlds.org/The_God_Makers/tagm21.html

It's about halfway down the page.