Photo
- - - - -

how old?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 DHK

DHK

5,000+ posts and hasn't been banned yet...

• Senior Moderators
  • 5564 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Don't discourage her! With all that voltage going through her... it might be a cure-all with electro-shock therapy! (Okay, bad joke... I'll go hang my head in shame now.)
"But make no mistake about it, brothers and sisters; in the months and years ahead, events will require of each member that he or she decide whether or not he or she will follow the First Presidency. Members will find it more difficult to halt longer between two opinions (see 1 Kings 18:21). President Marion G. Romney said, many years ago, that he had "never hesitated to follow the counsel of the Authorities of the Church even though it crossed my social, professional, or political life" (CR, April 1941, p. 123). This is a hard doctrine, but it is a particularly vital doctrine in a society which is becoming more wicked. In short, brothers and sisters, not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ includes not being ashamed of the prophets of Jesus Christ." - Neal A. Maxwell, October 10th, 1978.

http://speeches.byu....viewitem&id=909

#22 sister_in_faith

sister_in_faith

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

That's hysterical... that is actually what my honey said too... he said you REALLY wanna push your luck and try that ECT stuff huh? And come on.... aren't you just a little curious as to what it could feel like? I guess I'm pretty immersed in that culture, so I guess I understand someone who isn't... but come on... you have to be a little curious?!?

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

--Alma 37:37

#23 sister_in_faith

sister_in_faith

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

Well, getting tazed isn't going to be the same as ECT, obviously... They actually put you out to do that nowadays... But my honey had it done to him (had to for qualification), and he is still here with us, as are the 50,000 morons that run from or fight with the cops all the time. I guess I've just watched a lot of videos of tazings and that peaks my interest...

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

#24 Spartan117

Spartan117

Mormon Convert Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

I had a rather unfortunate encounter with an electrical wire of a wall socket once. All I remember is how awake I was once I got my marbles back. I've never been tazed, I've seen people get tazed. It seems to be pretty consistent no matter who is tazed; pain. Good luck :banana:

#25 Blackmarch

Blackmarch

• Members
  • 3463 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

Having electrical current go through you makes your muscles twitch and contract really quickly.. depending how powerful it is, it can be painful... but its certainly a different feeling. (one of my dads coworkers had one of those electrical muscle worker thingies back when they were a fad)

#26 sister_in_faith

sister_in_faith

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 711 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Okay... my honey decided that he is NOT going to let me get tazed. he is worried that it will leave a burn mark, and he doesn't want me to get hurt. He gave me a big hug while he explained why he wasn't going to do it and then gave me a kiss when I agreed to let it drop... I trust him cuz he has my best interests at heart! But Pam, that doesn't leave you off the hook... I'm sure if you tried to run off with his Mac he WOULD taze you! hee hee hee!:popcorn:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq