Where do I buy the bible/mormon book?

carbon_green

The book that comprises the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price is called a quad combination (the last two are usually together). You can get these from the Church Distribution Center ( Scriptures - LDS Online Store ) . I've seen a small one with a flap that buttons, but I've never seen one with a zipper. That is pretty cool! Deseret Book and Seagull book would be your best bets to find something specialized like that.

A number of members in my ward have a cover for their scriptures that zip up the scriptures fit quite nicely inside, and the scriptures never seem to come out of these covers so I suppose it could look like the book itself zips up - If that makes any sense? (probably doesn't) anyway they look something like this -

LDS Online Store - Welcome! hopefully that will work

Edited by lizrenowden
checking link

the szipper thing is a case thats sold seperately. It's a pretty tight fit, so getting the book in can be a slight hassle, but once its in it's not going to come out on its own ^.^

The combined book consists of The Book of mormon, tthe Bible, pearl of Great price, and the Doctrine and covenants. I also keep a notepad and mini hymn book inside mine as well.

the szipper thing is a case thats sold seperately. It's a pretty tight fit, so getting the book in can be a slight hassle, but once its in it's not going to come out on its own ^.^

The combined book consists of The Book of mormon, tthe Bible, pearl of Great price, and the Doctrine and covenants. I also keep a notepad and mini hymn book inside mine as well.

I wish I could find one like that for the larger print size. I've yet to find one like I used to have for the regular size.

I wish I could find one like that for the larger print size. I've yet to find one like I used to have for the regular size.

hmmm i've been trying to find the same design of case i use... and can't seem to find it, however i have come across these sites:

QUADRUPLE COVERS: Scripture Covers, Totes, and Cases for LDS Scriptures

CTR Rings, LDS Books, LDS Bookstore, LDS Book Store, LDS Temple Dresses and more! (search using "scripture")

LDS Scripture Totes & Caes | Available in a Variety of Colors

I can find covers for Large sets, havent seen any for Extra Large stuff tho.

and then heres just a Bible cases set, but some of them look quite roomy;

Christianbook.com

Guest mirancs8

Is that what happens when you get old err I mean older you transition to the larger print :eek:

• 11 months later...

I found the covers that I thought were no-longer made for my son who wanted them for his mission scriptures.

Zipper scripture covers that snugly fit around the books so you don't have to remove them when you want to read your scriptures.

Okay this was something that I thought had become outdated.... I looked at all the LDS bookstores close to my home - Seagull and Deseret book stores ... even searched online and I could not find the type of covers I had on my scriptures when I went on my mission 30 years ago.

It seem that only "tote bags" are popular for scriptures these days. Well not counting the iphone and iPad versions that everyone uses now for convenience at church. Unfortunately Missionaries are not currently being allowed to use digital scriptures... probably for good reason - Gaming!

Here is a website that I finally discovered... Artificial Leather. Im not sure why it was not so easily searchable from my previous searches but if you are looking for these - as several other people posted they were ... here they are - in all colors, quality fabrics, Leather, simulated leather, vinyl, etc. For compact, Standard and large scriptures. Triple combinations, Bible, Quad and foreign languages (Spanish triple fatter than English?)

If you don't know the reason why these type scripture book covers are so desirable over a tote-type cover let me explain...

If you are going on a foreign or southern states mission consider NOT purchasing leather covered scriptures. Instead buy a leather zipper cover or better yet a simulated leather cover and put them over your scriptures for full-time protection - even when you are reading them.

Why ? Because If you go to a warm humid area like I did (the Philipines Cebu mission) your nice leather book covers will likely become moldy and possibly stinky - holding on to the smell for decades later.

However if you have a vinyl-like cover that is always around the cover when the book is open it will protect the cover from becoming soiled when it is set on a dirty table, accidentally dropped, or when you get rained on the cover becomes a water-resistant cover. Imagine a spilled drink or food in your backpack with your nice leather covered scriptures... This is a very likely scenario you can avoid and still have nice looking, very protected and useful scriptures. And save yourself some money for other things.

One other advantage for the zipper scripture cover is it will pack easier ( if you have a triple combination and the Bible separate). Fore example I would carry one book and my companion would carry the other book (in our backpack) when we were out proselyting. This lightened the load for us because we also carried a couple books of Mormon and handouts with our scriptures.

Hope this explanation helps you choose wisely your scriptures and a nice protective zipper cover. You can always toss your old scripture cover and get a new one for a fresh look. Few people however would want to start over on marking and referencing their scriptures after they return from their mission. If you are like me, you have memories in your marked scriptures and keeping them is a priority even if they smell musty... if they are preserved in good condition.

On my mission, I didn't carry my English scriptures at all--just a few Russian Books of Mormon and a Russian Bible. Mine stayed inside my apartment except for zone conference. They are leather (or faux-leather) covered and survived, even in the more humid areas.

But if you were going to carry your scriptures--yeah, protecting them is necessary. Having the scriptures I've had for most of my life is great--there really are so many memories.

Having the scriptures I've had for most of my life is great--there really are so many memories.

And so many colored verses and notes on the edges that would be a great undertaking to transfer over...

When I first started going to church, everyone would pull out their well-worn quads. I think many in the ward still had the books they'd used on their missions, by the look of them. I always used my iPad so I could read the print.

Now, what 1.5-2 yrs later, more people, including 'mature' members who may not be tech savvy in other ways, have their scripture on a tablet or smart phone. I think the young mothers don't want another thing to carry and the 'old eyes' among us (including myself) like being able to adjust the print, and not carry the books around.