Any Timothy Zahn fans?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blackmarch

Blackmarch

• Members
  • 3506 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Any Timothy Zahn fans? If you haven't heard or read his stuff and you like good sci-fi action you may want to check out his stuff, his works are very engaging and squeeky clean... at least nothing worse than occasional gun fight or fist fight. Probably most noted for opening up the post-movie starwars novel scene (which i think his are still the best out of all the ones I read), or at least getting that ball rolling. My fave out of his works would have to be the Conquerer trilogy. Which takes place around a war between haumanity and a new alien race, and focuses mainly on a two families... one on each side of the conflict, and how they deal with the war, family relatioships, and political/military intrigue. Also up there almsot with it would be his COBRA and Dragonback series.

Deus Vult

Toji: Indomitable does not mean someone who has never been broken. Indomitable means someone who gets back up, after they have been broken.

Marcus: I'm terrified of a fair univers; to think that everything we suffer is what we truly deserve. I take great solace and comfort in the universe being unfair.

If I lived on 55 Cancri E, i'd be well past my 15000 year old mark.

On kepler 78b I'd be long past my 31,000th year of living.

#2 Soulsearcher

Soulsearcher

• Members
  • 2009 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Any Timothy Zahn fans?

If you haven't heard or read his stuff and you like good sci-fi action you may want to check out his stuff, his works are very engaging and squeeky clean... at least nothing worse than occasional gun fight or fist fight.

Probably most noted for opening up the post-movie starwars novel scene (which i think his are still the best out of all the ones I read), or at least getting that ball rolling.

My fave out of his works would have to be the Conquerer trilogy. Which takes place around a war between haumanity and a new alien race, and focuses mainly on a two families... one on each side of the conflict, and how they deal with the war, family relatioships, and political/military intrigue.

Also up there almsot with it would be his COBRA and Dragonback series.

Huge fan of his original star wars books. they kept me going on the entire series for probably 10 years or so.
The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

#3 anatess

anatess

Resident Alien

• Members
  • 10640 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Oh my word... I LOVE THRAWN!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so I haven't read any non-Star Wars Zahn books and I'm a big Star Wars fan... but Zahn is amazing with his Star Wars expanded universe!

#4 Blackmarch

Blackmarch

• Members
  • 3506 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Oh my word... I LOVE THRAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I haven't read any non-Star Wars Zahn books and I'm a big Star Wars fan... but Zahn is amazing with his Star Wars expanded universe!

My fave star wars antagonist (beats out Vader)

Deus Vult

Toji: Indomitable does not mean someone who has never been broken. Indomitable means someone who gets back up, after they have been broken.

Marcus: I'm terrified of a fair univers; to think that everything we suffer is what we truly deserve. I take great solace and comfort in the universe being unfair.

#5 anatess

anatess

Resident Alien

• Members
  • 10640 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

My fave star wars antagonist (beats out Vader)

OOOOOOhhhh!!!! I want to agree but... I can't. I just can't. I mean... Vader. You know. He's... Vader. He stands alone in that highest pedestal of super villains. But yeah, Thrawn, I'll give him his own pedestal.

And yeah, that's really what I loved about Zahn. He has a way of making you care about the bad guy. LOL.

Salvatore, on the other hand - I still haven't forgiven him for killing Chewbacca.

#6 Blackmarch

Blackmarch

• Members
  • 3506 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

OOOOOOhhhh!!!! I want to agree but... I can't. I just can't. I mean... Vader. You know. He's... Vader. He stands alone in that highest pedestal of super villains. But yeah, Thrawn, I'll give him his own pedestal.

And yeah, that's really what I loved about Zahn. He has a way of making you care about the bad guy. LOL.

Salvatore, on the other hand - I still haven't forgiven him for killing Chewbacca.

Ackk it was salvatore who did those? :eek:
was he the one that killed off Anakin Jr as well?

And he did the dark elf exile trilogy... this gives me a sad.

(I kinda stopped after the jedi academy series and rogue squadron series)

And if you loved his starwars books I'd very highly suggest checking out the conqueror trilogy or the dragonback series.

Deus Vult

#7 Windseeker

Windseeker

Find me where the sea and sky meet

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'll have to check these out. I've been playing SWTOR online and have been looking for a good Star Wars book. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq