• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 SoCal_Counselor

SoCal_Counselor

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hello, My name is Brian and I am a marriage counselor. I love helping couples heal from problems they may be currently experiencing in their marriage. I also do individual counseling for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, grief related issues and ADHD. I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my entire life. In coming to LDS.net, I hope that I will be able to use my experiences as a counselor to help others grow and heal in their own lives.

Edited by SoCal_Counselor, 22 March 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#2 anatess

anatess

Resident Alien

• Members
  • 10943 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

OOOHHH... WELCOME! We need you here. You're going to see all these threads with marriage problems galore. We're armchair counsellors so we do our best to help. Hah hah. Hope you don't charge for internet forum counselling. :D :)

#3 HiJolly

HiJolly

• Members
  • 2480 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake Valley

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

Welcome, Brian. HiJolly
"All it takes is for us to get a little bit self-important and narrow-minded. Toss in a little fussiness, a bit of dogma, and a bunch of pride and you've got yourself a bunch of people who wouldn't recognize the truth if it sat on them."
-- Robert Kirby

#4 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • 9166 posts
  • LocationSandy Utah

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hello,
My name is Brian and I am a marriage counselor. I love helping couples heal from problems they may be currently experiencing in their marriage. I also do individual counseling for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, grief related issues and ADHD.

I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my entire life.

You can learn more about me at my [moderator removed]

I also have a marriage blog: [moderator removed]

In coming to LDS.net, I hope that I will be able to use my experiences as a counselor to help others grow and heal in their own lives.

Good to have you around. I personally seldom give advice - it seems to me that "useful and productive" advice seems to tick people off.

The Traveler

#5 tiseveningtide

tiseveningtide

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi I'm Missy. I am new too but can't figure out how to post it like you did. Oh I guess I will figure it out sooner or later. I think what you are doing is good. There is so much opposition that it's good to have a safe place to talk. Good luck

#6 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 52464 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi I'm Missy. I am new too but can't figure out how to post it like you did. Oh I guess I will figure it out sooner or later. I think what you are doing is good. There is so much opposition that it's good to have a safe place to talk. Good luck

As a new member, you just need to make 5 posts on already existing threads and then you can start a thread of your own.

#7 tiseveningtide

tiseveningtide

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Oh I can do that. Thanks :)

#8 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5761 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Welcome, aboard! Yes, I'm sure your profession can bring a lot of insight to the many threads posted in the Advice forum and Relationship/Marriage forum.

No more dancing candy cane - hurrah!

#9 Jennarator

Jennarator

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Why do you look so familiar? I must have know you before I moved to Idaho....or at least seen you somewhere.....

#10 DHK

DHK

5,000+ posts and hasn't been banned yet...

• Members
  • 5568 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

"I've seen that smile... somewhere before..." "I've heard your voice before..." (sorry, had to do it!)
"But make no mistake about it, brothers and sisters; in the months and years ahead, events will require of each member that he or she decide whether or not he or she will follow the First Presidency. Members will find it more difficult to halt longer between two opinions (see 1 Kings 18:21). President Marion G. Romney said, many years ago, that he had "never hesitated to follow the counsel of the Authorities of the Church even though it crossed my social, professional, or political life" (CR, April 1941, p. 123). This is a hard doctrine, but it is a particularly vital doctrine in a society which is becoming more wicked. In short, brothers and sisters, not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ includes not being ashamed of the prophets of Jesus Christ." - Neal A. Maxwell, October 10th, 1978.

http://speeches.byu....viewitem&id=909

#11 CTR4life

CTR4life

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thank goodness you are here!!! Welcome :D I may need your help often haha :(

#12 Jennarator

Jennarator

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

"I've seen that smile... somewhere before..."

"I've heard your voice before..."

(sorry, had to do it!)

Lol....no, I'm from Southern California, too.

#13 shine7

shine7

• Inactive 1+ year
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Jennarator, I lived in So. Cal. for several years, and I'm now in Idaho too.

#14 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 52464 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

"I've seen that smile... somewhere before..."

"I've heard your voice before..."

(sorry, had to do it!)

It seems someone has watched Saturday's Warrior a few too many times. :lol:

*it seems we talked like this before." There.

#15 Spartan117

Spartan117

Mormon Convert Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

I was born in Simi Valley but I wasn't raised there. So really, my only real claim to So Cal is my birth certificate. Am I considered part of the club? And welcome to the forum marriage counselor. Have a dancing banana :banana:

Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little.

#16 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5761 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

My mum was born and mostly raised in San Diego — does that make me apart of your So-Cal group? :D

No more dancing candy cane - hurrah!

#17 JamieLynneLotus

JamieLynneLotus

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Welcome Brian. I'm new, as of today so it feels weird to say welcome to people.

#18 SoCal_Counselor

SoCal_Counselor

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!
My blog Improve My Marriage.

My Counseling Webpage Counseling With Brian for California and Utah Residents.

#19 Bos5

Bos5

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

As a new member, you just need to make 5 posts on already existing threads and then you can start a thread of your own.

Didn't realize this either thx for the tip.

#20 Guest_Mom04_*

Guest_Mom04_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Seems odd to me that I have to start responding to others posts before I introduce myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq