46 replies to this topic

#41 stevesimon

stevesimon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

Unless you work for the government! JUST KIDDING....:lol:

That is not too far off. Cain's descendents are the Africans. Don’t get me wrong though. There are a lot of good people that are from Africa, and some are LDS.

#42 Urrybr

Urrybr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

I work with the Family History department, with many friends in the Church History department. I asked one of the historians about that story. He told me that it is documented in the archives. The story was related by David Patten. Pres. Kimball wouldn't have used the story if it hadn't been documented. We don't know the whole story of Cain. The account in the Book of Jasher is interesting BUT . . . it contains many Hebrew myths, the veracity of which can't be absolutely proven. So we take that account of Tubal-Cain with a dose of caution. To illustrate, Naphtali was said to be so fleet, and light of foot that he could run through a field of harvested corn, and not damage one sheaf. That's a neat story but how true is it? We don't know. So we need to be cautious about reading apocryphal books. I read them and they really help me to understand the scriptures, but . . . again . . . I have to use caution.:o

#43 PrinceofLight2000

PrinceofLight2000

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

Posted Image

#44 Blackmarch

Blackmarch

• Members
  • 3337 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

A while ago I was reading "The Miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball, and he quotes a man recounting a story in which he met a man whom he believed to be Cain. His description is very similar to what we would describe "bigfoot" to be, and so I searched for more information regarding this (cautiously avoiding anti-LDS sites.) Has anybody else head of this theory?
Here is the excerpt from David W. Patton:

yes and all sorts of variants of the cain = bigfoot thing. Its fun if you're into ghost stories and etc... but not much more use beyond that, true or not (or somewhere in between).

#45 LDSChristian

LDSChristian

• Registered Users
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

A while ago I was reading "The Miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball, and he quotes a man recounting a story in which he met a man whom he believed to be Cain. His description is very similar to what we would describe "bigfoot" to be, and so I searched for more information regarding this (cautiously avoiding anti-LDS sites.) Has anybody else head of this theory?
Here is the excerpt from David W. Patton:

I've heard this before and it is interesting.

#46 amesser

amesser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

It would appear that by the book of Jasher that Cain was killed by his great grandson. However, he may have come back alive. Also, since there have been sightings of bigfoot all over the world, I do believe that Cain has seed and has multiplied. Since we have never found a bigfoot body...I do not believe they can die...or stay dead. In the Patton's story of Cain...I believe when the creature introduced himself as Cain...that does not necessisairly mean he was the "original Cain" but maybe "Cain" as in species...not a man. Think outside the box a little...it's pretty fun...lol.

#47 annewandering

annewandering

• Members
  • 4294 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

No where in the account that President Kimball is relating does it say the man was in a physical form. It seems rather more likely he was a spirit so could have easily been Cain.
He does say he has tried to die many times but it is not unreasonable to think he meant that he wanted his spirit to be dead and disappear from existence. Isnt there a reference somewhere about some wishing they had never been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq