• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#161 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 10101 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

i'll remember vort doesn't have a sense of humor next time and won't try to lighten the mood. i keep forgetting that about vort.

Well, then, at least something good has come of all this.
As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! --james12
Nice hand, friend, but those are not the cards I dealt you.

Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#162 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6037 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm not so much claiming him as wondering if he'll claim to be one. Neither side can account for their fringe and can even create distance, but in the end they are on the side they've chosen. the fringe on both sides give a black eye to their stance and really do nothing but help breed contention. We all actually tend to encourage the nut jobs by creating more tension than actually trying to accomplish things and that's for many topics, not just SSM.

Well-said.

I've long wondered about the fringe freaks in all matters. It is it worth for a group to deny association with them, or is just best to quickly condemn them and forget about it?

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

#163 Wingnut

Wingnut

A little nutty, with wings

• Members
  • 10312 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

I am some sort of hybrid.
hope I fit in.

You fit in fine. It's those of us who are moderate to liberal that are on the outside.
Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed. -- C.S. Lewis

If we're going to be stupid about this, we're going to be stupid on my terms. -- my husband

#164 Schwesterherz

Schwesterherz

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

I have created my first memebase pic:
Posted Image

We do not know this company in Germany. We have, however, heard about them in our media. It was all about that this company (or their president) is against the marriage for homosexuals. This is his opinion he has a right to say that. Clearly that [those with same sex attraction] do not like this opinion, they must bear it, however. This is America, the country of the free and the brave.
Everybody can say there what he thinks. It will so stupidly be sometimes as this Westboro Baptist Church of Fred Phelps.

Edited by skippy740, 17 August 2012 - 12:16 AM.
Moderator edited to remove a potentially derogatory term

„Before you echo Amen in your home or place of worship, think and remember. A child is listening.” ]--- Mary Griffith

#165 JohnnyRudick

JohnnyRudick

• Members
  • 2815 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

You fit in fine. It's those of us who are moderate to liberal that are on the outside.

Huh:confused:

#166 JohnnyRudick

JohnnyRudick

• Members
  • 2815 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Huh:confused:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, OK:D

I'm slow, but i get there.:P

You mean people like me who are to the right of Attila the Hun.:o

Actually, I believe he was a "left" winger.:cool:

#167 talisyn

talisyn

• Members
  • 2376 posts
  • LocationWilds of Idaho

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

We're getting a chik-fil-a in Twin, yay! It's always exciting to see a new restaurant open in a town that already has about 50 already :P

#168 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6037 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

I know the feeling. In Ogden we have one across the parking lot from the one inside the mall's food court.

#169 MarginOfError

MarginOfError

Lord of the Gummi Snacks

• Members
  • 5907 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups - Bottom Line

Once again, the mighty dollar rules the day.

Dude. When both Vort and MOE are in agreement, the thinking has been done. :D

Uncommon Dissent

#170 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6037 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Will that please people, though? Stopping funding is still a far cry from supporting and liking something.

#171 Soulsearcher

Soulsearcher

• Members
  • 2009 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Will that please people, though? Stopping funding is still a far cry from supporting and liking something.

I know it does make a difference to me. I don't care if people support me or like me, i do care when they try and stop me. Again it's one thing to be anti anything in thought, it's when the thought turns into action that people tend to feel the sting more. Think of Anti mormons. If they just hold their views it's one thing, When they start protesting, or making sites to mislead the public or actively try to do harm they tend to become more of a pain. Or is that just my view?
The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

#172 DevtheWind

DevtheWind

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

They shouldn't have stopped funding anti-gay marriage groups, nuff said.

#173 NeuroTypical

NeuroTypical

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 7411 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

I'm still unhappy that everyone and their dog has accepted the lie that 'supporting traditional marriage' = 'anti-gay'. Good reminder that just because everybody you talk to and every news source you can find says something, doesn't mean it's true.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon, 20 September 2012 - 06:40 AM.

If I were rich, I'd have the time that I lack, to sit in the synagogue and pray.
And maybe have a seat by the Eastern wall.
And I'd discuss the holy books with the learned men, several hours every day.
That would be the sweetest thing of all.

Ohhh....
If I were a rich man...

#174 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6037 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I know it does make a difference to me. I don't care if people support me or like me, i do care when they try and stop me. Again it's one thing to be anti anything in thought, it's when the thought turns into action that people tend to feel the sting more. Think of Anti mormons. If they just hold their views it's one thing, When they start protesting, or making sites to mislead the public or actively try to do harm they tend to become more of a pain. Or is that just my view?

That's good. I have a gay friend who insists everyone back him up on everything he wants, and it gets difficult.

And I completely agree with your view.

#175 prisonchaplain

prisonchaplain

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 12202 posts
  • LocationFederal Way, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

This has the feel of a shake down. Stop funding our political opponents or you won't be doing business in our town. The vibe I get is very much like what happened to the Susan B. Kohlman Foundation, when they said they may stop funneling a small % of their donations to Planned Parenthood. I'm beginning to think that TOLERANCE is something we're meant to give, but were never meant to receive.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

#176 norah63

norah63

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Sounds like another business has caved to the pc crowd. Oh well, there is always another fast food place around the corner.

#177 prisonchaplain

prisonchaplain

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 12202 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Norah...Komen caved...they reversed course in a mere three days, responding to Planned Parenthood's overt campaign of intimidation with a promise restore the relationship.
http://www.washingto...7kDT_story.html
In contrast, Chik-fil-a decided to end its 15-minutes of fame and go back to making fried chicken sandwiches. Very few businesses can survive long-term when their primary mission becomes over-shadowed by political-issue-messaging.

Edited by prisonchaplain, 20 September 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#178 prisonchaplain

prisonchaplain

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 12202 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

UPDATE: Media got it wrong, after all...Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy: We Have Made No ‘Concessions’ on Same-Sex Marriage | TheBlaze.com

#179 anatess

anatess

Resident Alien

• Members
  • 10449 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

UPDATE: Media got it wrong, after all...Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy: We Have Made No ‘Concessions’ on Same-Sex Marriage | TheBlaze.com

Does the media ever get it right anymore?

#180 jerome1232

jerome1232

Little Penguin

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Does the media ever get it right anymore?

I want to both thanks and laugh, so there is my thanks, and here is my laugh.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq