Scottish?

Chubbs

My children come from a Scottish line through their father's side of the family. There is even a town in Scotland with the same last name.

As far as I know, most of my line has come from England but I believe there may be some Scottish ties. I'm not entirely sure yet.

I got more replies thus far than I had assumed I might. Out of curiosity, how many would be interested in starting/joining a group that was dedicated to LDS Scottish Heritage, by this I mean

1) Help each other with Family History, specifically related to Scottish connections,

2) Possibly meet together for Temple nights with names prepared,

3) Education,

4) Etc.

??

I got more replies thus far than I had assumed I might. Out of curiosity, how many would be interested in starting/joining a group that was dedicated to LDS Scottish Heritage, by this I mean

1) Help each other with Family History, specifically related to Scottish connections,

2) Possibly meet together for Temple nights with names prepared,

3) Education,

4) Etc.

??

The only problem I see with an online community would be #2.

• 2 years later...

I'm 1/4 scottish, through my Dad's line. Our clan is farquharson, and our "ancestral home" is Braemar castle. That's almost all I know about it, but I look more Scottish than my other quarters...German, Swedish, or Norwegian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My genealogy has revealed a few centuries of Scottish involvement. My ancestors had emigrated from several different corners of Europe but once in England (which is where they got their surname "Cooke") they fled the King's wrath to Scotland. They did not return to England for a few centuries and after they did they eventually made the trek to the US where they planted roots in the Rockies and changed our surname from "Cooke" to "Cook". 

Scottish parents: mostly Scottish, some Irish, some English (that was a shock, saxonacs!). I am back to 1600s on one line. Then we disappear because we were traitors and had to emigrate and change our name. Originally McFarland clan. Personally, I would like to do the work for any McFarland on the theory that anyone in the clan must be related to me but..we don't do things that way! Sigh.