24 replies to this topic

#21 estradling75

estradling75

The Grumpy Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4351 posts
  • LocationOut of my Mind

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I see no conflict with doing the best one can with difficult circumstances and teaching correct principles.

If anything her children will grow up with loving wisdom about these things. Sometimes imperfect examples are the best way to teach broader concepts. Isn't earth life itself an example of this?

Very possible...

Kids have ways of challenging us is ways we don't expect... And in this case she might think the issue is over once she finds a new man that will accept her conditions. I just wanted to give her a heads up that it most likely will not go away by just finding a man.

I had a life once... now I have a computer and a modem.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. Stephen R Covey

#22 Misshalfway

Misshalfway

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • 5847 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Very possible...

Kids have ways of challenging us is ways we don't expect... And in this case she might think the issue is over once she finds a new man that will accept her conditions. I just wanted to give her a heads up that it most likely will not go away by just finding a man.

Well, the issue may not go away. I agree. Most likely there will be some fall out. But she can meet the fall out with the same faith she meets the original crisis. God will help and support and comfort! It'll all be just fine even if the kiddos do have a moment or two of angst. If this doesn't try the kids, something else will.

#23 SerenaB

SerenaB

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Yeah I see what you're saying estradling75, and I will be open to all possibilities of how this will end up. I think I'm conflicted over this and it's not something that's going to be resolved easily. I don't want the sealing to be difficult on my next marriage, but any way I spin it, I think it will be. I'm going to try to be a beacon of light to the men I date, and act like it's not a problem and everything will work out in the Lord's time. Faith is really the only answer, I just worry worry worry about the issues I'm facing. My mom even suggested marrying outside the church because those men aren't "indoctrinated" but I don't want separate values, no priesthood and I still think that would be considered "marrying outside of the covenant." Although she said my children would still be born in the covenant....weird I know. I just hope I can get through this. It's been a really emotionally tough couple of years and I think the next couple of years may be just as difficult in some ways.

#24 Windseeker

Windseeker

Find me where the sea and sky meet

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Another option is to consider men who are divorced and have kids. I'm sure there are some good worthy LDS younger men who may already have children that would consider marrying for time only. After I was divorced and started dating again I wouldn't of had any problem considering marrying for time only. I didn't have much luck with the few widowers I attempted to get to know, even those with several kids. I thought I was quite a catch at the time. :rolleyes: I understand divorced guys are not the ideal and when dating anyone you need to keep what's best for your child in mind. Sometimes difficult trials can reveal a shining character. I ended up finding a young never married professional who was willing to be run over by me and a truck load of kids and now we're living happily ever after :sparklygrin:

#25 rameumptom

rameumptom

• Members
  • 7199 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

You just teach the kids that they have two fathers, one biological and one sealed, and that both will be in their lives here and in the next life for eternity. That's all there is to it. The relationship doesn't end, simply because there is no direct sealing. We are all sealed to God, and therefore related. Those loving relations will continue, well into the next life.
:pope:

Rameumptom: A Holy Stand or Podium, where I can pontificate to my heart's delight.

rameumptom.weebly.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq