Half a sacrement?

BadWolf

1) Is that a bad thing? (Like only having frankincense or myrrh, but not both)

2) Did I do the right thing? Or is there a better way to handle this in the future?

Sunday, last row, 3 of us... When it came time for water to be passed there were only 2 cups left. The boy had a rather horrified expression on his face (he was also dead last to not be finished & lined up at the front. So I just took it and passed to the couple beside me. Only the deacon and I knew (couple had a new baby that was about a molecule away from meltdown they were pouring "Don't lose it, yet! Don't lose it, yet!" into).

That Deacon needs to learn that everyone gets both parts of the Sacrament and he should have gone for more. Or at least looked to see if another Deacon had more cups on their tray.

I concur with both of the above, and yet if you are asking whether or not you personally did anything wrong, I think that the Saviour probably watched that little incident with a smile on his face. You showed compassion to the young deacon in a stressful situation, where aware of the needs of the young family, and sacrificed your right, for what made everyone's day just a little bit smoother. That shows empathy, compassion, kindness, and self-sacrifice. Just the kinds of things that the Lord taught.

So, I agree that everyone has a right to the sacrament, and there were other ways to handle the situation, I think with the information you had, you handled it wonderfully as well.

-RM

I know I am an inactive Mormon, but I have blessed and passed the sacrament before.

We always had a jug of water and extra cups while we blessed the sacrament, just in case more were needed. The water was already blessed, the blessing did not have to be redone.

The sacrament should be the central part of sacrament meeting (that is why it is called sacrament meeting), the talks are secondary to it. If anything should be cut short or rushed, it should be the talks, not the sacrament.

The sacrament should be done with reverence, and if it takes a few more minutes to get extra bread, extra water, or even if more bread and water needs to be blessed again, so be it.

1) Is that a bad thing? (Like only having frankincense or myrrh, but not both)

2) Did I do the right thing? Or is there a better way to handle this in the future?

Sunday, last row, 3 of us... When it came time for water to be passed there were only 2 cups left. The boy had a rather horrified expression on his face (he was also dead last to not be finished & lined up at the front. So I just took it and passed to the couple beside me. Only the deacon and I knew (couple had a new baby that was about a molecule away from meltdown they were pouring "Don't lose it, yet! Don't lose it, yet!" into).

God knows your heart. I wouldn't sweat it.

@ RMGuy. ::blushes:: Aww shucks. In the realm of being new (on the continent of 'so I keep messing up', and the hemisphere of "Oh No Not Again", on the planet of "Yikes". x_X), its nice to hear I may have either done some things right, or at least done the wrong thing gracefully.

@ rameumptom. Bwahahaha! :D