Will never be married

Better no marriage than a bad marriage!!!

Just a word of caution: If you think no one will ever want you, that puts you in the very bad position of having extremely low standards in others / what you are willing to accept.

I've been around the block a bit... And something I've found is that there's NOT someone for everyone. There are several someones. Having enough respect for yourself not to make a bad match out of desperation / belief that no one ELSE would want you is key. Also in not throwing away the best woman ever just because she does love you, or someone else comes around later, or, or, or.

I know returned vets who are horribly disfigured (60% burns), para and quadrapalegics, other physical issues, 400 pound computer programmers, 90 pound wirey (or not) guys. Jocks with Rocks, artsy is more masculine, impotent, mental illness, hygiene challenged, obnoxious, 2 dimensional... The list goes on.

For those with physical issues, their spouse -quite simply- doesn't care and is turned on by their heart or mind, OR finds those 'issues' yummy in and of themselves. For those with mental, emotional, or mannerism issues: ditto. You might not appeal to the majority of women out there... But there will be millions left in the minority who either dig what you've got, or don't care a whit about the so-called "problem".

Now, if your in prison for life / have a month to live/ are a hard drinking atheist type wanting an LDS girl/ asexual identifying/ member of a penguin cult/ are agoraphobic and never leave your home/ Etc... Then you may be right.

So what're your issues (other then low self esteem, btdt)? Some are 'fixable', some you would never in a million years WANT to so-called-fix, and some are just the way things are.

No offense, but no woman is going to want you with that kind of attitude. I see nothing wrong with accepting you may be single in this life, but don't shut yourself out from opportunity! Live life and enjoy it, open yourself up, and be happy whether or not a family comes your way.

Hey there dude

My friend, also an SA, posted this talk on her FB page this morning:

Really good talk

I'd like to think that she posted it so I could share it with you.

If you want to share and tell us why you feel this way maybe we could help you?

Also think about trying to find somebody to go on a date with to start then build up with the marriage thing as focusing perpetually on that goal will blinker you from having fun in the meantime!

I have resigned myself to a life where I am single, with no wife and no children.

I feel no lady will ever want me.

MattS, I am single as well. Although I do have a child (well she's a young adult now). I have never been married, nor in a loving relationship. Sometimes I feel low concerning this subject, not so much because I'm not married, more because I feel alone sometimes and think that having an eternal companion to share my thoughts and feelings would be so great!

I think, though, as a woman, maybe my feelings on this are different? I certainly don't feel that no man will ever want me. Although, now that I am middle aged, I often feel a bit insecure about how I look, as that is what you are "judged" on first.

Please keep your head up. Heavenly Father promises that all the blessings of the Temple can be yours; if you choose to live a life that is condusive to receiving those blessings.

Unfortunately, you might have to wait till after the 2nd coming. :cool::glare:

Don't give up hope. I haven't!