Photo
- - - - -

Very random question for anyone who knows?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 6148 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Why aren't the addresses for LDS church buildings CASS certified?

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

#2 slamjet

slamjet

SeƱor Grumpy

• Members
  • 3969 posts
  • LocationTHE City of Angels

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Probably because all corespondents go to the Bishops home address. From what I understand, the church doesn't want anything going to the buildings.
SLAMJET HAS A BLOG!!!
www.reconverted.org

416570_399063776775877_852125432_o_zpsfc

#3 dahlia

dahlia

• Members
  • 1775 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Probably because all corespondents go to the Bishops home address. From what I understand, the church doesn't want anything going to the buildings.

As I found out when I sent tithing to the church address and it came back to me.

#4 applepansy

applepansy

• Members
  • 5844 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

There isn't a mail box at church buildings. There is also no one there to receive mail every day.

#5 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

There isn't a mail box at church buildings. There is also no one there to receive mail every day.

Not always the case.

Outside of Utah, especially in rural areas, mailboxes located in a "back corner" of the church lot are common place. Rarely will one be located in front of the chapel though I have seen them.

Our building had one since it was built 10 years ago & the Bishop or a couselor or secratary would stop by & retrieve the mail each day.
Just recently the post office set up multiple secured (locked) boxes along the main road at each intersection so that the mail carriers didn't have to go down each graveled road stopping at each house.
Mail addressed to the Church Building now gets delivered to one of the new locked mail boxes.

I know our Stake Center also has a mailbox on a post located near one of the parking lot entrances & mail is delivered there.

At first I thought it was kind of strange & wondered about the security of tithing being delivered to rural mailbox at a church bldg, but as I thought about it I realized that mail delivered to the Bishops house is delivered to a rural mailbox along the roadway out-of-sight of the Bishops home.
Not much difference.

#6 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I think a lot of it has to do with the Post Office & the Addressee. We have a PO Box & have most of our mail sent thre. Magazines, catalogs etc come to the street address. If we requested that all mail go to the PO Box, the post office would "remove" our street address from the delivery route making the street address an "Invalid Delivery Address" & all mail addressed to the street address would be returned. As it is, if something that looks "official" or "financial" comes addressed to the street, our mail carrier will usually take it & stick it in the PO Box because both addresses are valid addresses & living in a rural area where the mail carrier knows you personally does have some advantages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq