Photo
- - - - -

Tis The Season To Wear Slippers! For the whole family.

christmas gifts giving holidays presents

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5733 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

This year I'm keeping Christmas simple. Every gift wrapped is going to be practical and in a reasonable price range. After much over thinking of gift ideas, I had a eureka moment, and decided that everyone in the family are getting a pair of slippers! Yes, that's right, everyone! Grandpas, grandmas, siblings, and husband -- are all gonna be sportin' slippers ;)

Now, I still plan on being creative and getting sleepers that reflect everyone's unique personality. And I'll of course be putting more thought into some of the other gifts DH will get. But tis the season to wear slippers! So these are what I'll be getting one of the grandmas.. Minnetonka Cally (indoor/outdoor) slippers for $36.95 on Zappos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, for those over thinking gift ideas -- keep it simple! Slippers are practical, come in all styles (for varying ages and personalities) and sizes, and are generally affordable :) Hope this helps.

No more dancing candy cane - hurrah!

#2 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6337 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I rarely even pay that much for a pair of shoes! LOL My family is too big. We stopped buying for each other years ago.

"Therefore, let us beware of false prophets and false teachers, both men and women, who are self-appointed declarers of the doctrines of the Church and who seek to spread their false gospel and attract followers by sponsoring symposia, books, and journals whose contents challenge fundamental doctrines of the Church. Beware of those who speak and publish in opposition to God’s true prophets and who actively proselyte others with reckless disregard for the eternal well-being of those whom they seduce. Like Nehor and Korihor in the Book of Mormon, they rely on sophistry to deceive and entice others to their views. They “set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion” (2 Ne. 26:29). (Beware of False Prophets and Teachers, supra.)

Elder M Russell Ballard

#3 Wingnut

Wingnut

A little nutty, with wings

• Members
  • 10313 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

I love my LL Bean slippers: Women's Fleece Slipper Scuffs, Quilted: Slippers | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean
Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed. -- C.S. Lewis

If we're going to be stupid about this, we're going to be stupid on my terms. -- my husband

#4 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5733 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I rarely even pay that much for a pair of shoes! LOL

My family is too big. We stopped buying for each other years ago.

Yes, likely not practical for big families!

#5 anatess

anatess

Resident Alien

• Members
  • 10640 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

This is a great idea! I can't do this for all of my family because I don't know everyone's shoe sizes and I am certain that if I ask what size shoe people wear, they're going to bug me all day long why I'm asking...

This year, I'm making fleece scarves for everybody. Yep. This is the pattern I'm using:
Keep Cozy with a DIY Fleece Scarf with Pockets | DIY Your Way

The fleece was on sale Veteran's Day weekend for $4.99/yard. I can make 3 scarves for 1 yard of solid print and 1 yard of designer print. Then I'm going to use fabric paint to put personalization on one of the pockets. So, I spent under $5 for each scarf.

I made scarves for the Floridians too! It's one of those things that Floridians never buy for themselves but can be handy in January/February when the temps drop to Florida's version of freezing temps... (under 50 degrees). Or just something you put around your neck like a necklace because it looks good with your sweater. LOL.

#6 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5733 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Wingnut, those slippers look comfy. I used to have some just like those, and they lasted forever. Nice cozy indoor outdoor shoes. Anatess, what a fun idea! I love scarves. I think they make perfect gifts for the lady family members. That's something I could do one year, as well.

#7 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51677 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I buy my slippers from Avon. Some of the most comfortable I've ever owned. I catch them when they are on sale. Plus it doesn't hurt that I also sell Avon. :)

#8 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5733 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I buy my slippers from Avon. Some of the most comfortable I've ever owned. I catch them when they are on sale. Plus it doesn't hurt that I also sell Avon. :)

I'd ask for a catalogue but then I am reminded that I'm shopping for OTHERS and not myself :) Oh but everyone's getting slippers anyway..

#9 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51677 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'd ask for a catalogue but then I am reminded that I'm shopping for OTHERS and not myself :) Oh but everyone's getting slippers anyway..

I'd be happy to get a catalogue to you. :)

#10 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5733 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'd be happy to get a catalogue to you. :)

I actually checked out their catalogue online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq