Oh, us of such doubt (tithing)

Backroads

So the Husband and I pay tithing and have always tried to do so, mainly because that is what we're supposed to do. I would always hear of wild tithing miracles, but while I never doubted them per say... well, I guess I never thought it would happen to me. The stories that always gave me pause are those where there is somehow money to pay off everything.

Several months ago, we couldn't figure out our budget. Everything was working out nicely enough... except for the numbers. Neither of us are that bad at math, but we couldn't get the numbers to crunch to explain how everything was getting paid. We finally thought "oh well, how weird" and moved on in our lives and sort of forgot about that.

The other day at tithing settlement, bishop asks if we had experienced any blessings from paying a full tithe, and Husband and I looked at each other and realized that odd little budget incident was probably in fact one of those crazy tithing blessing tales I was always "yeah, uh huh, okay" about.

So, yes, one is always blessed in ways for tithing, but sometimes even the wilder miracles occur.