• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paw722

paw722

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

After being gone from the church for 26 years and recently returning I am reading the Book of Mormon and was wondering if there is a good study guide for it. I googled it and WOW there are a lot. Any recommendations?

#2 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 10101 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

BYU and the institute program offer a Book of Mormon class that includes a good study guide/student manual.

Personally, I have found that just rereading the Book of Mormon dozens of times has been more valuable for me than any particular commentary or study guide.
As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! --james12
Nice hand, friend, but those are not the cards I dealt you.

Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#3 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6207 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I noticed when downloading Gospel Library to my smartphone that there is a study guide with it, but I haven't looked at it.
Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

#4 paw722

paw722

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I have the gospel library on my phone. I'll have to look if its on mine. Thanks

#5 rameumptom

rameumptom

• Members
  • 7194 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I recommend my Book of Mormon Sunday School lessons at joelsmonastery.blogspot.com (also available here at lds.net on the scripture forum).
:pope:

Rameumptom: A Holy Stand or Podium, where I can pontificate to my heart's delight.

rameumptom.weebly.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq